Usb & Oled picons open pli 2.0

DM800SE

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Minotaur

• 31 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 June 2011 - 21:35

Hello i recentry update from newnigma to open pli 2.0.
I think is an update because the image is very stable , fast & xtml import is working without crashes and errors

Some questions thow
1.How i can find-have device manger to format my usb and mounted property?.
2.I have a dm800se with oled lcd.I have all the oled picons for the sat that i have where i should i ftp them in my usb key and how i activate them in the lcd?

Keep it up , great work/images/smiley/smile.gif

Re: Usb & Oled picons open pli 2.0 #2 Minotaur

• 31 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 June 2011 - 21:18

Hello i recentry update from newnigma to open pli 2.0.
I think is an update because the image is very stable , fast & xtml import is working without crashes and errors

Some questions thow
1.How i can find-have device manger to format my usb and mounted property?.
2.I have a dm800se with oled lcd.I have all the oled picons for the sat that i have where i should i ftp them in my usb key and how i activate them in the lcd?

Keep it up , great work/images/smiley/smile.gif

So much knowledge in these forum?...why nobody helps?/images/smiley/sad.gif

Re: Usb & Oled picons open pli 2.0 #3 Minotaur

• 31 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 June 2011 - 21:48

Anybody?....

Re: Usb & Oled picons open pli 2.0 #4 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2011 - 00:45

if you download one of the piconsets from the pluginlist, you can see what the directory structure is like.
Choose to install on usb, to match your setup.
The picon renderer uses the serviceref as a name to lookup the picon, we are using serviceref symlinks to allow the png's to keep their human readable names.

Note that you need picons of 70x53, in order for them to fit on the oled of the 800se

Re: Usb & Oled picons open pli 2.0 #5 Minotaur

• 31 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 June 2011 - 13:19

if you download one of the piconsets from the pluginlist, you can see what the directory structure is like.
The picon renderer uses the serviceref as a name to lookup the picon, we are using serviceref symlinks to allow the png's to keep their human readable names.

Note that you need picons of 70x53, in order for them to fit on the oled of the 800se

Thanks "pieterg" for ur help....somthing last:
U know if i can use different folder-picons for infobar anf different set for oled lcd...cause the oled picons doesnt show so good in the infobar?

Re: Usb & Oled picons open pli 2.0 #6 Minotaur

• 31 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 June 2011 - 18:40

Mr.pieterg...i would like to thank u for ur time spend reply to my queries.

I am new in Pli images...i have use any kind of image there excist for DM800se and i can say Pli is the best for many reasons!.

I cant istall before the picon set on usb besuase usb was not property mounted and it dont give me option to istall on usb only in flash and in HDD.
After i go to HDD setup i see my usb there , then i format it , and then everyhing go well and usb was property mounted and i istall my picons there!.
Its to bad that a very good skin like these dont have the option to choise diferrent directory for picons for infobar and picons for lcd since u cant use picons for lcd in infobar cause they are not proprty show...as about the dimension of oled picons for lcd u know that its to dificult to find oled picons generally and the all of them they are 96x64
I hope so time , in a future update of ur image u can add it as a choise as also the picons to standalone in the lcd as other image have and make the life easier for all of ass that we dont have so advance knoledge as u do , also if a developer can reduce the size of the oled picon to 70x53 it gonna be great for all of us that we have dm800se since its a nice thing to have them in ur lcd of the box.
Something else also...since dm800se have to slots it gonna be usefull to have the option of auto cam future (change emu by channel,provider,satelite) in the softcam setup so u dont have everytime to change emu manual each time that u wont to access diferrent slot card or via zapping...something that earlier e1 imageof pli i think had.

Appart from these things image is by far the best i ever use...and i have use almost all...i only hope in the near future to see these things as an option.

Keep up the good work

Minotaur...Pli supporter

Re: Usb & Oled picons open pli 2.0 #7 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2011 - 22:10

In order for the picons to be installed on usb, you have to initialize the usb on the box.
That puts an ext2/ext3 filesystem on it, needed for the picon symlinks.
You probably have fat or ntfs, so we refuse to install picons on it.

And unfortunately no, it is currently not possible to choose a different picon set for oled/osd. You'd have to stick to 70x53 for now.

The osd renderer can do scaling, but the oled renderer cannot. So you have to follow the size which is required for the oled.

Re: Usb & Oled picons open pli 2.0 #8 Minotaur

• 31 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 June 2011 - 16:37

In order for the picons to be installed on usb, you have to initialize the usb on the box.
That puts an ext2/ext3 filesystem on it, needed for the picon symlinks.
You probably have fat or ntfs, so we refuse to install picons on it.

And unfortunately no, it is currently not possible to choose a different picon set for oled/osd. You'd have to stick to 70x53 for now.

The osd renderer can do scaling, but the oled renderer cannot. So you have to follow the size which is required for the oled.

Thanks for ur reply again!...

In the post before i write , that finally i succesfull mount my usb after i format it and i istall the picon for infobar with no problem!.
The only issue is that Pli dont use the standard dimension of oled picons that other images do (that already is hard ro get oled picons...so imagine if it is speciall dimensions) and also it dont give u the choise to work two diferrent directories of picons(one directrory for infobar and another one for lcd) as very correct u say above!...but the image generally is so good that i dont even thing to change image just for that!.
I only hope that we see an update later on with a Pli panel that have all the above and with some gadgets more!.

Thanks "pieterg" for ur support and ur hard work!!!

Re: Usb & Oled picons open pli 2.0 #9 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,469 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 20 June 2011 - 18:09

The only issue is that Pli dont use the standard dimension of oled picons that other images do (that already is hard ro get oled picons...

you mean that other teams don't follow the dimensions and standards of Pli's open source ;)

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: Usb & Oled picons open pli 2.0 #10 Minotaur

• 31 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:41

The only issue is that Pli dont use the standard dimension of oled picons that other images do (that already is hard ro get oled picons...

you mean that other teams don't follow the dimensions and standards of Pli's open source ;)

Excactly/images/smiley/wink.gif

Re: Usb & Oled picons open pli 2.0 #11 Robinson

• 2,613 posts

+30
Good

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:00

Minotaur, how are you doing with OpenPLi after 6 months of using it?
I have just installed it and I'm trying to understand everything and I must say I like the image very much. :)

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: Usb & Oled picons open pli 2.0 #12 zackmuc

• 195 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 29 December 2011 - 20:18

Where do i activate the Oled Picons?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DM800SE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users