VU+DUO

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mrhdooley

• 46 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 October 2010 - 17:59

Hi,
Since reflashing to a new image that uses the latest drivers I have had a new problem.
I use a motor with diseqc 1.2 connected to my VU+ duo. I use stored motor positions rather than USALS as I can get much finer reception.

The problem, After flashing, I sent my channel list through to the box, found the sats and stored the postion. For half a day it seems to work fine, but then i start getting a problem where it wont zap to another sat. If I switch of box, it seems to go back to normal for a while, but less time than before and the problem repeats until nothing works.

I have flashed with PLI, VIX, VTX and always get the same problem. I have the cables on the tuners to use different tuner and I have limited the plugins to see if a plug in is causing it, all to no avail. The box has been working perfectly until I flashed with new image.

anyone else having problems with stored motor positions or know what might be up?

Regards

Re: Vu+ motor position problem #2 VU+NL

• 6,424 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 13 October 2010 - 18:10

I sometimes have the same problem (using USALS): a reboot (box-reboot, not Enigma) always helps.
VU+ DUO/UNO/Digiality 85cm multifocus-4 X twin-Inverto-LNB's/Triax 88 USALS/Logitech Harmony 300, 555, 600, 900 en 1100

Re: Vu+ motor position problem #3 mrhdooley

• 46 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 October 2010 - 19:10

The problem I have is that after resetting box a few times it gets worse and then wont work.

Re: Vu+ motor position problem #4 Hakan

• 50 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 October 2010 - 19:34

I had some simular problem with a DM800 ,after changing to another LNB it worked fine.
My combo that not worked together was DM800/Clarke-Tech motor/MTI High Line single LNB(brand new)
When i whent back to a Smart Titanium 2nd Ed Quad LNB it all worked fine.
I tested with some other LNB but all worked fine, just the MTI LNB caused problem.
So not all brands works together.
Vu+Duo/Laminas 1200 with Clarke-Tech USALS rotor/ T-90 16LNB

Re: Vu+ motor position problem #5 mrhdooley

• 46 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 October 2010 - 18:34

Thanks for replies,
I have though about getting another LNB, but the problem has only started since flashing new image with latest drivers.....Anyone else using motor with manual positions?

Regards

Re: Vu+ motor position problem #6 VU+NL

• 6,424 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 18 October 2010 - 18:50

Why not use USALS? For (a small) misalignment correction you can change your position: if you have to move your dish East for a better signal, you can move you position slightly West,and vice versa.
USALS is a much more user-friendly operation mode.
VU+ DUO/UNO/Digiality 85cm multifocus-4 X twin-Inverto-LNB's/Triax 88 USALS/Logitech Harmony 300, 555, 600, 900 en 1100

Re: Vu+ motor position problem #7 Hakan

• 50 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 October 2010 - 19:53

If USALS give problem with signal the motor and dish is not correct adjusted.
Vu+Duo/Laminas 1200 with Clarke-Tech USALS rotor/ T-90 16LNB

Re: Vu+ motor position problem #8 mrhdooley

• 46 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 October 2010 - 21:10

dish could be realigned, but the vu+ box has worked perfectly with manual positions and should work, no?

Re: Vu+ motor position problem #9 VU+NL

• 6,424 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 19 October 2010 - 18:42

Don't forget that 1.2 non-USALS positions are stored in the motor-logic. Try to reset these (most common is a button at the underside of the motor).
An other possibility is that after the flash the stored positions don't match any more with the position numbers the VU uses (correlation loss).

Re: Vu+ motor position problem #10 goedi

• 19 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 November 2010 - 21:40

Same problem with DM8000 and Openpli beta with new drivers. Positioner doesn't work properly (stops after a some seconds before reaching the satellite).
After flashing with Openpli 1.0 no problems at all.
Next try with Openpli beta /new drivers: same problems again
Now (with openpli 1.0 again: no problems at all.

My configuration: DM8000 + GBox V400 Diseqc 1.2 Positioner + Jaeger Actuator 36V

Re: Vu+ motor position problem #11 jakas

• 422 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 8 February 2012 - 19:10

same problem here with VU+ DUO. i HAVE STORED THE POSITIONS manually I have changed LNB from Smart to Inverto Ultra black but problems dont go away. Sometimes for a while it remembers the positions and then again wont go to a satellite. Need to go back to prevoius sat and then back again. Some times all positions are lost need to set again. Now is it the fault of the motor or firmware of box ?

Re: Vu+ motor position problem #12 gafeta

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 August 2014 - 19:20

Hi,

The same problem here with version 4(Mars 2014) and VU+ Solo2 and also without using USALS. This problem started after an update for a time ago I've tested with two different receivers/versions but the motor wont move. I decided to flash with a newer version but nothing. Then I left this for a week or so and when I tested again it's seems to work again. At first all good, stored 3 positions and whit the 4th one then the motor wont move anymore again. I wont lie here but I think the problems started both times with 4.8E (Astra), first when I went from 13E and later when I tried to setup it from 1W but probably all is in my mind ;-).

I don't know what to do and this is really anoing. Something I can do or try? Thanks.

Re: Vu+ motor position problem #13 Micky

• 162 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 August 2014 - 22:25

I use a Motor with USALS. But for fine tuning I use satpositioner program. Fine tuning works on some sat positions. But in most of the cases the program says: No lnb.

I give up with this program and manually fine tune the sat dish

Micky

Edited by Micky, 26 August 2014 - 22:29.

Opticum X406p from 2,8E - 41E, VU+ Solo from 0,8W - 30W, 2 x Dish Opticum LH-100 cm
Lnb's:  Inverto Black Ultra, MEGASAT HD Profi Twin,  2 x Rotor Jaeger Sat SG 2500

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VU+DUO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users