Black Alu-coolman-mod V5

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Re: Black Alu-coolman-mod V5 #21 Alias1

• 575 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 9 October 2011 - 10:20

This is getting all to hard @littlesat can you revert the feed to the original ipk file for those that want my mod see the attached files.
Personally I like it better then looking at 4 png icons of the channel you are on but eh everone has different tastes right??

it's ok that YOU like it better... - but you should respect that Coolman has created this great skin - and a lot of people want to use this version without having this updated by a version that has been modified (and this without adequate testing)

If you bothered to read the header of the skin.xml it says quote:
<!-- You can modify and redistribute it as long as you keep this License for the skin and all of your modifications -->
Also if you had taken the time to read the whole subject you would have noticed I asked for feedback I didnt ask for it to be placed on the feed straight away.
Simple man you dont like it dont use it.

Edited by Alias1, 9 October 2011 - 10:22.

DM800se Vu+Duo ET-9000 Vu+Ultimo

Re: Black Alu-coolman-mod V5 #22 Frogman

• 389 posts

+68
Good

Posted 9 October 2011 - 10:50

If you bothered to read the header of the skin.xml it says quote:
<!-- You can modify and redistribute it as long as you keep this License for the skin and all of your modifications -->
Also if you had taken the time to read the whole subject you would have noticed I asked for feedback I didnt ask for it to be placed on the feed straight away.
Simple man you dont like it dont use it.

May i quote you:

Maybe if enough people like it can go on the feed :)

You proposed to put it on the feed - with the SAME name!
If the header says "...and all of your modifications" means that you have to to this with another name for the skin!

And it's not the question to like or not... - you redistribute it with the same name and some modifications that are responsible for green screens. So if you don't know what to do don't do it...

Edited by Steffen, 9 October 2011 - 10:54.

Most problems can be solved simply by a closer look.

Re: Black Alu-coolman-mod V5 #23 Alias1

• 575 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 9 October 2011 - 12:19

@Steffen Do you know what the word license means?
Anyhow like I have said this is getting to hard especially with people like you around.
10 posts and most of them crap, constructive criticism I can stand plain stupidity is a different story.
I have already asked littlesat to backport to the original take it up with him.

Edited by Alias1, 9 October 2011 - 12:21.

Re: Black Alu-coolman-mod V5 #24 Frogman

• 389 posts

+68
Good

Posted 9 October 2011 - 12:40

@Steffen Do you know what the word license means?

yes, but obviously you don't...

10 posts and most of them crap, constructive criticism I can stand plain stupidity is a different story.

Please moderate your wording, ok?

By the way: i suggest that you contact the original author of this skin and ask if he is happy about your work

Re: Black Alu-coolman-mod V5 #25 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,380 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 9 October 2011 - 13:03

Please let's keep it clean overhere without calling names or other irritating remarks to eachother and respect eachother's opinion.
You do not have to agree but please watch your language.

This message is for all involved without any exception so please behave like adults.

And for now, lets go on topic again please. ;)

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Black Alu-coolman-mod V5 #26 pikel

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 October 2011 - 13:10

This is getting all to hard @littlesat can you revert the feed to the original ipk file for those that want my mod see the attached files.
Personally I like it better then looking at 4 png icons of the channel you are on but eh everone has different tastes right??

Please don't misunderstand me, i actually would like to try your modifications, but this Version you provided is missing 2 Files:
extranum.py and the watches.py, without those two the result is an Greenscreen, and some Users which updated, got also an update for
"Black-Alu"-Skin and so needed to begins searching which Package was updated and where to get those files.
For my part i would be glad, if you redo your ipk-file rename it so all can choose which Skin they will use.

Re: Black Alu-coolman-mod V5 #27 Alias1

• 575 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 9 October 2011 - 14:23

@pikel its not that easy man as soon as you try to make a ipk with a different name you get conflicts on the install unless you do a -force-overwrite or remove the coolman skin first.
A better option is to go to the previous page of this thread and make a backup of your skin.xml file for this particular skin and copy those other 3 files across.
What we need is for littlesat to reverse the changes made on the feed then everyone will be happy

Re: Black Alu-coolman-mod V5 #28 Alias1

• 575 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 9 October 2011 - 15:22

Just had a read on this subject by coolman on the clarke tech forum and basically he is saying that his current version is 5 but what Pli do with his skin is for the PLi forum-image alone, nothing was mentioned by him about a name change.
So we have 2 choices the PLi team can add the 2 files necessary to make this mod work to their repository (py source files are on the previous page) or they can back port the feed to version 5.0 and if people like the changes I made they can manually add the files.
Hopefully this saga is now resolved :)

Edited by Alias1, 9 October 2011 - 15:24.

Re: Black Alu-coolman-mod V5 #29 Frogman

• 389 posts

+68
Good

Posted 11 October 2011 - 18:00

Hi Core Members!

It would be nice if you remove the defect enigma2-plugin-skins-blackalu_Coolman_V5.2_all.ipk from the feed. All people which have installed the latest original version 5.0 get greens screens by using the online update due to the skin update!
Maybe you can upload the original version enigma2-plugin-skins-blackalu_Coolman_V5.0_all.ipk

Thanks a lot

Re: Black Alu-coolman-mod V5 #30 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 13 October 2011 - 19:04

As of tomorrow the original skin V5.0 is on the feed. Users with the effected versions 5.2 have to remove the skin first then install the V5.0 version from the feed

Re: Black Alu-coolman-mod V5 #31 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:32

But first uninstall the 5.2!!

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users