6 replies to this topic

#1 daddelfalk

• 489 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:11

Hi all,
dear PLI Dev-Team,

i have a problem not being caused by Kernel upgrade from 2.6.31 to 3.03, when i try to access the filecontent to play a burned DVD inserted into a DVD-Drive in a normal PC-Windows-System with the DVDPlayer Plugin. (Browsing trough the CIFS-Share shows up that no Files from the DVD can be listed). I have created a share for the DVD-Drive directly as Sharename "F".

I am able to mount it with my latest et9x00 Image, and also see the DVD Folders AUDIO and VIDEO_TS but inside these folders i cannot see any Filecontents (the movie itself) with it's VOB Files.

Normal Data-DVDs works fine. It's only DVD-Video Filesystems affected ...

With an older Busybox Version it seems works fine. (Busybox 1.1.53) but not with the new one 1.18.5.

Maybe you have a clue on this problem. I think it's caused by some configuration error in busybox defconfig File, so that access all folders mounted from a DVD mounted directly on a PC-Windows System DVD-Drive does not work.

Perhaps it's caused by something like this:

CONFIG_FEATURE_MV_LONG_OPTIONS=y which was disabled on previous OpenPli 2.0 Busybox Builds.

Thanks for your kind support.

Re: CIFS Mount Problem: Share DVD on Win PC #2 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 29 October 2011 - 20:11

We've never used 1.1.53 on the ET9x00, so I wonder what you meant by that? The oldest busybox on the ET boxes was probably 1.17, and we've been using 1.18 since OpenPLi 2.1.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: CIFS Mount Problem: Share DVD on Win PC #3 daddelfalk

• 489 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:50

Hi,

sorry for the Typo. On OpenPLi 2.0 where it is working BusyBox v1.15.3 is used for the ET9000 Build. Later with BusyBox v1.18 on OpenPLi 2.1 it was not working anymore (also before Kernelupgrade from 2.6.31 to 3.0.3).

Re: CIFS Mount Problem: Share DVD on Win PC #4 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 30 October 2011 - 21:27

I guess it's more likely a cifs issue than a busybox issue.

Re: CIFS Mount Problem: Share DVD on Win PC #5 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:06

Sharing a commercial DVD will only work anyway if you're running "anydvd" or something similar.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: CIFS Mount Problem: Share DVD on Win PC #6 daddelfalk

• 489 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:36

Hi,

it is already a DVD-Backup created from Original DVD so we can left a copy protection issue. And the same DVD-Backup was working with OpenPLi 2.0 mounted as CIFS-Share directly from DVD-Drive in the PC.

The CIFS Share mounts corretly on ET9x00, but the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder stays EMPTY. No *.VOB Files are listed, that's why no Playback with DVDPlayer Plugin is possible when there are no Files to playback.

Re: CIFS Mount Problem: Share DVD on Win PC #7 daddelfalk

• 489 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 11 November 2011 - 18:47

Hi,

finally the Problem has do to with CIFS Mouting procedure.

As default option "serverino" is given and will be used for all CIFS-based-Shares when performing a mount -t cifs ....

Some Systems also very often also NAS Storage Devices can List and access the Files inside the Shared Folders.

If we explicitly add the option "noserverino" to the mount -cifs -o noserverino ... Command Optionlist, accessing the DVD-Share or Files on CIFS NAS works again.

We need to figure out, what's the best option (Place) to fix the CIFS Mount issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users