Re: BackupSuite #341 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 1 July 2014 - 19:26

Here's a little update

Changed in version 17.2
===================
- added Italian translation (thanks Xtrendmaster)
- replaced ofgwrite version 1.8 for version 1.9.2
- changed the skinning, moved some png files to the plugin folder so it isn't depending anymore on the Pli-HD skin (I still have to improve it huge!)

BTW: Anyone who knows how to shorten the path in the skin, thus replacing /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/BackupSuite/ to use in the skin, so only having to type e.g.: <ePixmap pixmap="~/img/red.png" position etc..
I can't get it working properly, I'm overlooking something

Still work in progress and (very slowly :( ) learning

Attached Files

Re: BackupSuite #342 levi45

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 July 2014 - 19:47

@pedro can we use this nice plugin in bh image

Re: BackupSuite #343 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 3 July 2014 - 20:11

Yes of course why not, as long as you obey the GNU General Public License, you can find it in the plugin folder.

Re: BackupSuite #344 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 9 July 2014 - 20:04

Changed in version 17.3

- changed the skin so it is more like the skin PLi-HD-FullNight (but not exactly, left some more room at the bottom of the skin)
- some small changes in the code, cleaned it up
- removed the ofgwrite binary from the plugin folder, it is now supplied as a package (on Openpli and all Open Alliance images) and is automatic installed when installing the BackupSuite
- gave the dog a bone and sent the dog to his pillow, in other words I removed the avatar

Attached Files

Re: BackupSuite #345 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:17

- removed the ofgwrite binary from the plugin folder, it is now supplied as a package (on Openpli and all Open Alliance images) and is automatic installed when installing the BackupSuite

Did you also check other images (like BH/VTi/several OI's)? As the previous version was a perfect stand-alone plugin for virtually all images.

Re: BackupSuite #346 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:01

No I didn't, I believe the plugin didn't run on VTI. If there are images where this last alteration is causing troubles I would like to hear it. Maybe the image makers can also supply ofgwrite as a package. Or I could also revert the change but only as a last resort.
So let's wait for the reports/complaints

Re: BackupSuite #347 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 17 July 2014 - 22:05

Again a little update

Changed in version 17.4
- Added support for the VU+ Solo Second Edition
- Changed some icons/buttons/skin
- Changed the title of the plugin in just: "BackupSuite" and changed the locale files accordingly

Attached Files

Re: BackupSuite #348 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:28

Here are some screenshots
Startscreen and start backup process to harddisk
2luxhlz.png  fa6lg1.png
Second and third screen of the backup process
nlanud.png  2v3o9rs.png

Re: BackupSuite #349 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:30

Here are some screenshots (part 2)
A screenshot of the restore process, choosing the desired backup to restore and the question what part (or all parts) to restore
10o1xfn.png  15hd6h2.png
The "What is new since the last release" screen and the error report you will see if you try to make an USB backup without a valid USB-stick inserted
t5kg2c.png  51r4w8.png

Re: BackupSuite #350 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 21 July 2014 - 20:38

Another (little) update:

Changed in version 17.5
- Mostly skinning issues
- Moved skins to seperate file
- Added "SD" screens, the plugin tests for the skin resolution, if 1280 then the pluginskin is 1280 x 720 else 720 x 576
- Changed the German translation for the Blue button into "Backup flashen" instead of "Backup herstellen"

Attached Files

Re: BackupSuite #351 frossie

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:16

Hi,

sorry for my question ? Can i backup also a dreambox with openpli4 with your tool ? 

Re: BackupSuite #352 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:31

No that won't work, on all Openpli supported boxes you can use the backupsuite except Dreamboxes.

Look for Dflash to backup Dreamboxes

Re: BackupSuite #353 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 28 July 2014 - 20:48

Changed in version 17.6
- Small change in the code of the detection of the desktopsize, just to ensure the correct handling if a high resolution desktop is used
- Added some help-screens and some explanation (English only!)

Attached Files

Re: BackupSuite #354 asdas11

• 55 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:39

No that won't work, on all Openpli supported boxes you can use the backupsuite except Dreamboxes.

Look for Dflash to backup Dreamboxes

Where is good dFlash  -  now no function :wub: :rolleyes:

Re: BackupSuite #355 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 8 August 2014 - 07:12

User of the BackupSuite please read this:

As of today the BackupSuite is directly build by Openpli from my Github repository.

For the users there are little or no consequences except that you'll have to remove the current version via Menu -> Plugins -> Red button/Remove plugins -> Extensions -> backupsuite.

After that is done you can install the new version build from the Github via: Menu -> Plugins -> Green button/Download plugins -> Extensions -> backupsuite (1.0+git##)

Finally it is wise to restart Enigma2, from now on the BackupSuite is automatic updated every time there is a new version on Github, no need anymore for Littlesat to place it manually on the feed for all supported receivers.

The very first time when you make a backup with the new BackupSuite the estimated time will not be correct, the first time the speed is assumed to be 250 KB/s, after the first backup it is calculated and the outcome is stored to be used for the next backup making it more precise.

Thanks to Littlesat and Radxnl for the support

Re: BackupSuite #356 BBsat

• 508 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 8 August 2014 - 08:06

THNX!

just installed it, worked fine.

Re: BackupSuite #357 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,790 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 8 August 2014 - 09:00

Would it be an idea to add an option that makes it possible to limit the HDD backup versions one makes and so limit the disk usage. Maybe using lifo at a certain number of backups, just an idea ;)

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: BackupSuite #358 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 8 August 2014 - 10:32

A silly Q by an IT lay person: I have XP1K but I use PBNIGMA - would it work there, please?

And where to find the latest versions of it, if it, should work, since it is now being...

Thanx! :)

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: BackupSuite #359 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 8 August 2014 - 17:49

It works on a xp1000 but if it works on pbnigma? I don't know if the package ofgwrite is on that feed. Just try to install it. You should find version 17.6 here in this topic a few post above this one. Otherwise you always could migrate to Openpli 4 :-)

Re: BackupSuite #360 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 8 August 2014 - 18:30

It's soon going to be v. 4 based, for PBNIGMA, too, which is why I am asking.... :)

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users