mpd update

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 saeckel

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 February 2012 - 18:24

Hello all

I have tried to install mpd (music player daemon) , which is part of the actual PLI repository, but I got error because of unresolved dependencies:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
opkg install mpd
Installing mpd (0.15.9-r2) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.pli...9-r2_mipsel.ipk
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for mpd:
* libfaad0 (>= 2.0) * libavutil50 (>= 0.6.1) *
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package mpd.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The version of mpd in the actual repository is 0.15.9-r2 which is not the newest.
The last stable version of mpd is 0.16.6. I have checked the dependencies of version 0.16.6 and figured out, that this version requires libfaad2 and libavutil49 instead of libfaad0 and libavutil50.
Both packages (libfaad2 and libavutil49) are part of the actual PLI repository.

So if the mpd package would be replaced by the version 0.16.6, the dependency issues should by solved and mpd should be installable in the actual openpli.
Please could somebody update the mpd package in the openpli repository?

Thanks and best regards,
Saeckel

Re: mpd update #2 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 1 February 2012 - 19:09

I don't know where mpd came from, but is was never built from the OpenPLi repository. As it is currently, it depends on Gnome, X11, udev, and various other components that we don't have.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: mpd update #3 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 1 February 2012 - 19:27

I've added mpd 0.16.6 to the feed (will be there tomorrow). This one is compiled correctly, and by us, so there won't be any missing dependencies. I haven't tested it.

Re: mpd update #4 saeckel

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 February 2012 - 19:54

Thanks a lot, I will test it tomorow.

Saeckel

Re: mpd update #5 saeckel

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 February 2012 - 21:30

Now mpd can be installed with:
opkg install mpd

Thanks to MiLo

A mpd client can sucessful connect with the mpd server, all functions works (as far as I have tested)
But unfortunately I have no sound. I asume that somthing is wrong with the configuration of the audio output, but i don't know what up to now.

Re: mpd update #6 hypnotoad

• 42 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 February 2012 - 19:40

I don't know where mpd came from, but is was never built from the OpenPLi repository. As it is currently, it depends on Gnome, X11, udev, and various other components that we don't have.

No not realy, mpd wasn´ t build for desktop systems, so no X-server or GUI is needed at all > http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/mpd ;-)
Other E2 immages, like newnigma2 has it also in his repository, and its goot to see it in pli images now too, so thx for adding

Re: mpd update #7 tr45h

• 51 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:49

Thanks a lot MPD is running... Trying to get it to work with Ampache which should work without problem as MPD is supported natively bay Ampache.
However adding a song to MPD is not working it aborts with following error:

2012-02-13 07:40:38 [admin] (mpd_add) -> Error: Unable to add http://server/ampach...- Take Time.mp3 to MPD SendCommand: MPD Error: ACK [50@0] {add} unsupported URI scheme

I guess HTTP streaming is not compiled into MPD version. Is it possible to add??

Re: mpd update #8 tr45h

• 51 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:18

Google said MPD should be compiled with libcurl since this is used for HTTP streaming.

"Include config.h in ls.c to have HAVE_CURL here."
-> http://www.musicpd.o...hp?topic=1804.0

Re: mpd update #9 tr45h

• 51 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:49

solved
http://openpli.org/f...uilding-binary/

Re: mpd update #10 saeckel

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:51

Hi tr45h

Do you have any problems with the audio output, if you use mpd?
When I'm using mpd sometimes the audio disappears, the mpd is still running, all work well except the sound.
This happens very randomly, and I cannot reproduce this malfunction, which is very annoying.
My mpd is configured to use ALSA. I assume that mpd is not able to take over the full control over the audio output, E2 sometimes disturbe the audio output.

BR,
Saeckel

Re: mpd update #11 tr45h

• 51 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 February 2012 - 15:34

Hi Saeckel

Did not test that much since I got it running, but at first sight (hear) it looked OK. Will investigate and report...

However, I have another problem: enigma2 and mpd audio output get merged. That is you both here TV and MPD output at the same time. Also using ALSA which is default if you don't set any audio output in mpd.conf. I wonder if its possible to mute enigma2 audio only? It would be nice to hearing music from MPD while watching TV...

This should be possible when using pulseaudio - e.g. Ubuntu with pavucontrol can mute process wise. But I did not find pulsecontrol support in openembedded yet.

Any other idea how to accomplish process wise muting with alsa? I have seen alsa-utils in openembedded, maybe I will try them...

Re: mpd update #12 saeckel

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 February 2012 - 14:00

I can't find alsa-utils in the openpli repository
<opkg list |grep alsa-util>

Re: mpd update #13 tr45h

• 51 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 February 2012 - 19:03

If you have build environment
bitbake alsa-utils
otherwise I have attached you alsa-mixer here.

But

For me this does not result in anything. In alsa-mixer only two channels are displayed (Master and PCM). It would be nice if I could configure a seperate channel for enigma2 and mpd in there to be able to spearately mute them...

@saeckel
how do you "mute" TV channels while listening to music so that you can only hear mpd output?
btw up until now I have no stability issues with that MPD version in the openpli feed.

Attached Files

Edited by tr45h, 22 February 2012 - 19:04.

Re: mpd update #14 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2012 - 19:39

I don't think the box exports a mixer device at all, so the also-utils won't bring much useful.

Re: mpd update #15 saeckel

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:53

@tr45h
I "mute" the TV by switching to a "dummy" TV channel. I configure in my favourite channel list a entry where no real TV channel exist. So the box replied with “tuning not possible”. The screen becomes dark and the audio mutes.
To have it more comfortable, I configured my mpd-client (MPaD on iPad) to send an http command (TV channel switch) to the WebIf of the box.
But the problem is:
When I stop mpd playing and zap between TV channel, sometimes (randomly) the mpd-sound output is switch off. Restarting mpd does not help. The only way to get mpd control over the audio output is to reboot the box.

The problem is (my assumption) that Enigma takes the control over the audio output and does not release it.

@MiLo
Is it possible to force the control over the audio output (when mpd start) and release it (when mpd stops)?

Re: mpd update #16 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:35

There are two ways I guess:
1) Let something issue a "init 4" (stop enigma) command before mpd starts and issue a "init 3" (start enigma) command after mpd stops playing.
2) Write a mpd plugin for enigma which controls enigma and mpd.

Re: mpd update #17 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 23 February 2012 - 14:15

In alsa-mixer only two channels are displayed (Master and PCM). It would be nice if I could configure a seperate channel for enigma2 and mpd in there to be able to spearately mute them...

Indeed, looks like there are only two alsa mixers.
Perhaps you could request the manufacturer to introduce a switch for the 'normal' decoder sound, so you can disable it.

Re: mpd update #18 saeckel

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 February 2012 - 14:34

@Sjaaky: restarting Enigma doesn’t solve the problem, if the mpd output is disabled it keeps disabled.

Meanwhile I had tested a little bit more:
The mpd output is mute (sometimes, not always), if I switch between TV channels which toggles the audio output between AC3 and MPEG. Then the mpd output is off and only a reset helps. Sometimes also the mpeg audio of enigma is off, so TV channels which provide only mpeg (no AC3) have no more audio.
I assume that Enigma does not initialize the audio correctly when it switches between AC3 and mpeg2 .

Re: mpd update #19 schwallobert

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 November 2012 - 08:32

Hi,

I did'nt get mpd to play music on OpenPLi 3.0 and derivates, e.g. OpenAAF. The daemon starts and a mp3 can be selected for playing but no sound at all. Because I use the same configuration as in OpenPLi 2.0 I do not assume an error in my configuration. The same behavior has been reported by other users as well.

Does mpd needs a recompile for OpenPLi 3.0? If yes, I would greatly appreciate if a recompiled version of mpd will be put on the feed.

Thanks in advance.

Re: mpd update #20 hounce

• 33 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 November 2012 - 13:33

Hi,

same issue for me. I can browse through my songs with my MPD clients, but during playback I can hear no sound, neither via HDMI on the TV nor on my amplifier connected via Cinch. With the same configuration it was working fine with Open PLi 2.1.

My box is an XTrend ET9000.

Kind regards
Hounce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users