Photo

[Additions] XMLTV plugins compatible with OE2.0 ?

xmltv plugin oe2.0.0

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:33

Hey Rytec.

I'm experiencing now OpenDreambox2.0.0 with Gemini3.2.

I want to use your xmltv plugin function, but do you have updated *.ipk files for gemini3 where platform mipsel is changed to all ? Like described here.
Great that your website explains how to get it work, but i think a updated version for oe2.0 is needed.

Thanks...

Edited by Jeroensky, 12 May 2012 - 10:36.

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: [Additions] XMLTV plugins compatible with OE2.0 ? #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:09

This is not possible... as code needs to be integrated into the closed source Enigma2 code from DMM... And due to licences they are not allowed to do this...

Edited by littlesat, 12 May 2012 - 12:10.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: [Additions] XMLTV plugins compatible with OE2.0 ? #3 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 12 May 2012 - 17:49

Not possible because of enigma2 patch, so that epg is updated in realtime.

What if their can be made a xmltv rytec version for oe2.0 that write to epg.dat file, and afterthat reboot opendreambox2.0. So that opendreambox read the epg.dat file from rytec download? (like crossepg does)

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: [Additions] XMLTV plugins compatible with OE2.0 ? #4 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,042 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 12 May 2012 - 20:28

You're asking the wrong team. Ask Gemini to compile the plugin for you, then it will have all the right dependencies. The plugin is fully open source, even its bitbake recipe, so it should take any team less then five minutes to incorporate it into the feed.

Edited by MiLo, 12 May 2012 - 20:29.

Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: [Additions] XMLTV plugins compatible with OE2.0 ? #5 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 12 May 2012 - 21:31

You're asking the wrong team. Ask Gemini to compile the plugin for you, then it will have all the right dependencies. The plugin is fully open source, even its bitbake recipe, so it should take any team less then five minutes to incorporate it into the feed.

Rytec.be website brings me here if i press support link.
And yes i've used openpli for a long time, but at the moment i want to experience all dreambox options, that is only possible with closed source oe2.0 image.(all exept a full epg :lol: )

Re: [Additions] XMLTV plugins compatible with OE2.0 ? #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 12 May 2012 - 21:51

Rytec.be website brings me here if i press support link.

We (the OpenPLi team) have provided the Rytec team with a forum to support their excellent EPG efforts.

The XMLTV importer is an OpenPLi specific binary, written by Milo. The Rytec team doesn't support our code, the same as they don't provide support for other EPG tools like for example CrossEPG.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: [Additions] XMLTV plugins compatible with OE2.0 ? #7 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 12 May 2012 - 22:10

but at the moment i want to experience all dreambox options

Most of these options were already available on other hardware for longer time... And I suggest even currently in an improved way. Why call it dreambox options???

Edited by littlesat, 12 May 2012 - 22:14.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: [Additions] XMLTV plugins compatible with OE2.0 ? #8 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 12 May 2012 - 23:35

but at the moment i want to experience all dreambox options

Most of these options were already available on other hardware for longer time... And I suggest even currently in an improved way. Why call it dreambox options???

Because that image offers those options for Dreamboxes(Newnigma2 & Oozoon & Merlin are not oe2.0 based, and i think they never will because of the license but we'll see in the future). You know the close source stuff these days, same like why VU+ browser cannot work on a dreambox.
OpenDreambox2.0.0 image offers me blindscan, Bluray read&burning andso on (the stuff in the closedsource enigma2 part of DMM, that's why i call it dreambox options.)
Only issue is, that with oe2.0 at the moment the epg sucks bigtime, only epg from satellite feed, and that is just a few programs ahead.

Edited by Jeroensky, 12 May 2012 - 23:38.

Re: [Additions] XMLTV plugins compatible with OE2.0 ? #9 Gredos

• 180 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 13 May 2012 - 00:04

Huh, of course there will be oe2.0 versions from those image teams.

Re: [Additions] XMLTV plugins compatible with OE2.0 ? #10 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 13 May 2012 - 00:20

Please note that no image can change cpp code..... they can only tweak python code....

Re: [Additions] XMLTV plugins compatible with OE2.0 ? #11 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:58

So that means (I think) that the realtime epg update function of openpli rytec plugion cannot work on oe2.0.
But the reboot enigma2 after epg.dat import way of crossepg can work on OE2.0.

Re: [Additions] XMLTV plugins compatible with OE2.0 ? #12 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,042 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 13 May 2012 - 13:32

The plugin already supports writing an epg.dat files and loading it on reboot too, since its beginning.

To make it work on other images, ask the other image's team to compile it for you. We cannot help you. In fact, I've spent more time replying now than it would take to actually include and compile it for another image.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: [Additions] XMLTV plugins compatible with OE2.0 ? #13 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 14 May 2012 - 17:05

Sad that someone Votes every posting of me down.(I don't give a f* , using forums without such a vote system)
Keep in mind that this forumpart is about Rytec, and deeplinked from rytec website.

Maybe i can break a record in most negative votes here, glad that other people do appreciate some feedback i gave here and there.(example collecting E2shellcommands in wiki)

Bye bye.

Edited by Jeroensky, 14 May 2012 - 17:06.

Re: [Additions] XMLTV plugins compatible with OE2.0 ? #14 Happysat

• 697 posts

+43
Good

Posted 15 May 2012 - 00:03

You did break allready some impressive records, to name a few:

How to abuse the rating system on this board (45+ points b4 you?! a joke!)

The poll on dream blog giving PLi a bad name, using proxies and explaining here complete howto's for abusing, lateron when discovered crying as a 4 year old that it wasn't you...

The numours stuppid post's on other boards to show your PLi support and act if you speak for the entire community, posting overhere the board member logins.

Im sure there can be added more "records" to this list by searching post history :)

Damn i even saw your ass on ihad replying on a 2 year old topic asking smth about dutch smartcards lol

Owh btw im 100% sure your negative vote downride is NOT the work of a single person, its a complot :P

Edited by Happysat, 15 May 2012 - 00:05.

Octagon SF8008 / TBS5530  DVB-S2/T2 T-85/1.50Mtr/3x90cm (53e 52e 51,5e 28e 25,9e 23e 19e 13e 9e 4e 1w 5w 14w)

Re: [Additions] XMLTV plugins compatible with OE2.0 ? #15 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 15 May 2012 - 20:18

You did break allready some impressive records, to name a few:

1) How to abuse the rating system on this board (45+ points b4 you?! a joke!)

2) The poll on dream blog giving PLi a bad name, using proxies and explaining here complete howto's for abusing, lateron when discovered crying as a 4 year old that it wasn't you...

3) The numours stuppid post's on other boards to show your PLi support and act if you speak for the entire community, posting overhere the board member logins.

Im sure there can be added more "records" to this list by searching post history :)

4) Damn i even saw your ass on ihad replying on a 2 year old topic asking smth about dutch smartcards lol

Owh btw im 100% sure your negative vote downride is NOT the work of a single person, its a complot :P

1= I didn't do the rediculous high number(45?) and the up and down dancing of that stupid system/script.
2=Are you sure it was dream forum, i don'tthink so. I think it was ihad.
3=i don't speak of entire community (show me something), I only give sometimes example. Like fastscan question, then i write in openpli it's a option, why not in the image of topic. Then i get a normal reply about possible proprietary ware. And if i type about openpli, then it was always in a positive way, not stupid.
4= When i know a answer about something that i find by forumsearch, then i'm willing to answer. Didn't saw the date, but do saw the topic itselve :lol:

Final word: i don't care what you think about me. And it's sad that it get's personal on a oprah & dr phil level -_-
I want Pli donation refund! :D

Edited by Jeroensky, 15 May 2012 - 20:19.

Re: [Additions] XMLTV plugins compatible with OE2.0 ? #16 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 15 May 2012 - 22:02

1. It is not a stupid script. It can only go up or down by users clicking on the up- or down vote buttons in a post. The moderators can see each individual vote, so we know what's going on. period.

And we don't do refunds, we already drank all the the beer ... :P

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: [Additions] XMLTV plugins compatible with OE2.0 ? #17 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 15 May 2012 - 22:08

Then do delete my account, it sucks.

Re: [Additions] XMLTV plugins compatible with OE2.0 ? #18 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:06

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just explaining how it works.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users