or this one which is one of the newer ones

Attached Files

Re: dm500s as server best softcam options? #22 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:41

There's nothing to install, you have to manually set it up.

- put the oscam binary in /var/bin
- create a file called 'oscam' in /var/etc/plimgr/cams, put a version number in the file
- create a startup script in /var/etc/plimgr/scripts (take one of the others as an example)
- update /var/etc/plimgr/plimgr.conf so that it contains <emu>oscam</emu>

Now oscam should be visible on the box in the softcam menu, and should be started when you start the box. On my box the oscam config files are in /var/tuxbox/config.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: dm500s as server best softcam options? #23 wannaplay

• 164 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:51

Ok at least its showing in the softcam menu now. Lets see if there any other surprises.

So i checked the scripts in /var/etc/plimgr/scripts and found a few. i don't know if these are startup scripts or not as it was not specified, so altered one of them specifically for oscam is this right:

#!/bin/sh

CAMNAME2="oscam"

case "$1" in
start)
echo "[SCRIPT] $1: Starting $CAMNAME2"
/var/bin/oscam &
;;
stop)
echo "[SCRIPT] $1: Stopping $CAMNAME2"
/var/bin/oscam -kill >/dev/null 2>&1
# camd3 does not always seems to stop
usleep 100000
pids=`pidof oscam`
if [ -n "$pids" ] ; then
kill -9 $pids > /dev/null 2>&1
fi
;;
*)
$0 stop
exit 1
;;
esac

exit 0

ALSO: i found this script to start oscam first as the server and cccam as the client, do these two scripts conflict with one another? Or do i have to choose one of them if so which is best or can use both together, one to start oscam, and the other to make sure oscam starts first and is the cardserver? This is the second script:

#!/bin/sh

CAMNAME2="OScam_CCcam"

OSCAM="OScam"

CCCAM="CCcam"

case "$1" in

start)

echo "[SCRIPT] $1: Starting $CAMNAME2"

/var/bin/oscam -b &

sleep 5

/var/bin/cccam &

;;

stop)

echo "[SCRIPT] $1: Stopping $CAMNAME2"

killall -q -9 cccam oscam > /dev/null

;;

oscam_start)

echo "[SCRIPT] $1: Starting $OSCAM"

/var/bin/oscam -b &

;;

oscam_stop)

echo "[SCRIPT] $1: Stopping $OSCAM"

killall -q -9 oscam > /dev/null

;;

cccam_start)

echo "[SCRIPT] $1: Starting $CCCAM"

/var/bin/cccam &

;;

cccam_stop)

echo "[SCRIPT] $1: Stopping $CCCAM"

killall -q -9 cccam > /dev/null

;;

*)

echo "Usage: $0 start|stop|oscam_start|oscam_stop|cccam_start|cccam_stop"

exit 1

;;

esac

exit 0

Re: dm500s as server best softcam options? #24 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 25 September 2012 - 14:47

Did you first extract the .tar.gz file and put the oscam binary in /var/bin?
If you didn't do that, here is oscam.zip (extract it yourself) and put "oscam" in /var/bin. Also, type "chmod u+x /var/bin/oscam" in telnet.

After that, just check if oscam runs, just type "oscam" in telnet including all kinds of parameters you may need. For example, my oscam (but that's on an Enigma2 box) runs using the parameters " -b -r 2 -c /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-experimental" (but this is just an example!.

Attached Files

Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: http://openpli.org/wiki

Re: dm500s as server best softcam options? #25 wannaplay

• 164 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 26 September 2012 - 00:20

so had enough of this, it wasn't working all that well. went on the internet to search and found what i needed a full image with most of the stuff in it working.

But somethings dont do what i want it to do. is it possible to have cccam running as a server on the dm500 but running like a pc server, where its just a server and then where i'm able to use oscam on the reciever to view channels and decrypt my card?

Edited by wannaplay, 26 September 2012 - 00:21.

Re: dm500s as server best softcam options? #26 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:32

But somethings dont do what i want it to do. is it possible to have cccam running as a server on the dm500 but running like a pc server, where its just a server and then where i'm able to use oscam on the reciever to view channels and decrypt my card?

So, you have two receivers? One DM500 which you want to use as a cardserver for your card and another receiver in your house which connects to that?
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: http://openpli.org/wiki

Re: dm500s as server best softcam options? #27 wannaplay

• 164 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 26 September 2012 - 13:58

for those that neeed a working oscam+cccam image for the dm500 i've attached one below, one is a recent pli image with cccam+oscam working (slight problem that u need to start the server ur self once you boot up, do this by restarting the softcams). There is also a gemeni version with oscam+cccam all in working order but without the problem stated above, this one is called and search on the internet for: flashwiz_version.rar (6.68 MB).

Both these files are passworded, the user name and password for one is: username:root password: dreambox, the other image is: username: admin password:admin

only problem with these is ur ganna have to use "FlashWizard PRO", basically you just flash over the network instead of the null cable.

Answering daf2000 question: what i'm talking about is a one box solution, there is only one dreambox500s and i want it to be the cardreader and the server at the same time, cccam working on its own just being the server, just feeding the ecm's (like a pc server). and oscam being the card reader, reads the card and send the ecms to cccam, also gets the emm's through its dvbapi and updates the card entitlements. This box wouldn't be intended for viewing purposes, but would be just a server. I'm just trying to make use of this old box, see what i can do with it.

Anyway you guys aren't willing to help since its a dead box, so...

Re: dm500s as server best softcam options? #28 wannaplay

• 164 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 26 September 2012 - 14:01

Sorry forgot to place the image i stated above, for those who want to use it. This is pli+oscam+cccam in working order for the dm500s. password for one is: username:root password: dreambox, the other image is: username: admin password:admin

use "flashwizard pro" to install the image over the network as its in .fwz format.

Edited by wannaplay, 26 September 2012 - 14:02.

Re: dm500s as server best softcam options? #29 wannaplay

• 164 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:03

This is for anyone that wants a working oscam, for the dm500s, took me a while, but i found it, Pli team this oscam works, it would be nice if it were made available on the download menu for the dm500. This version is oscam_1.10_build_5921.

This .rar has an image full backup of Pli+oscam+cccam. also the configs needed to make it run smooth, Place var files in the var and so on in folders, once you install the image, overwrite any files on the image install.

U can also use oscam+mgcamd, (to use the dm500 as a server) u just need to install mgcamd from the download menu to update entitlements, u can use oscam as the reader plus a server for your cccam peers for example and update ur entitlements with mgcamd, since dvbapi doesn't update entitlemets with this oscam.

you can use this command to reboot the dm500 once per day (this reboots the dm at 6:05 am): 5 6 * * * reboot

This is thanks to Abu Baniaz

Attached Files

Re: dm500s as server best softcam options? #30 mahon68

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 November 2012 - 18:50

Sorry forgot to place the image i stated above, for those who want to use it. This is pli+oscam+cccam in working order for the dm500s. password for one is: username:root password: dreambox, the other image is: username: admin password:admin

use "flashwizard pro" to install the image over the network as its in .fwz format.

i`ve tried this it seems to be fine but i`m having boxkey issues with my sly card i thought that oscam auto detects boxkey is there something i have to change for it to detect it card works the usual non premium channels

Re: dm500s as server best softcam options? #31 wannaplay

• 164 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 3 November 2012 - 02:40

I can't remember exactly, but if it doesn't detect the boxkey just place the boxkey manually in the oscam.server config like this:

boxid = 5676DE01

Or download another version of oscam which does detect this automatically, the latest versions are located here, both these two websites are good:
#http://download.osca...erpc-tuxbox-old#
#http://www.onestep.c...php?boardid=278#

The version your using has a script missing called emusrv. Make sure you get it, cause it solves some problems with oscam+cccam running to do with timing. This script is located in var > etc > plimgr > Scripts. It should look like this:

VERSION=1.04
rdate -s time.mit.edu
sleep 1

EMUSCRIPTDIR=/var/etc/plimgr/scripts
BURLCGI="http://root:dreambox....0.0.1/cgi-bin"

while [ ! -z "$1" ] ; do
emu=$1
action=$2
[ -z "$action" ] && exit 1

# [ $action = 'start' ] && wget -O /tmp/daemonmsg.temp -q "$BURLCGI/xmessage?timeout=2&caption=emusrv&body=Starting+$emu."

if [ -f $EMUSCRIPTDIR/$emu ] ; then
$EMUSCRIPTDIR/$emu $action
else
case $action in
start)
$emu &
;;
stop)
killall -q $emu
killall -q -9 $emu
;;
esac
fi
[ $action = 'stop' ] && rm -f /tmp/ecm.info
shift 2
done

#
# The End
#

Also those wanting to reboot the dm500 automatically at a certain time add this to cron:

5 6 * * * reboot
Add this one to put the dm500 into standby automatically:
10 6 * * * wget -q -O /dev/null http://root:dreambox...command=standby

Also i've noticed a issue with oscam which disconnects its peers automatically and then reconnects them without warning, this causes freezes, if this happens to you change the oscam version, the one i'm using at the moment is ok but does still have this problem although it doesn't happen all that frequently maybe once every 6 hours, got it from the #onestep.cc website above version:

OSCAM 1.10-stable-svn #5755. The latest versions of oscam seem to have this problem and this happens much more frequently, so try different versions from these websites and see which ones work for your case. If you guys find a completly stable version without this problem be sure to post it here.

Re: dm500s as server best softcam options? #32 installer

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 April 2014 - 16:49

I just tried to install the above image ( post #29 using flash wizard pro and i got error message that file was too big for flash try using multiboot or something ) any ideas?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users