• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 10 November 2012 - 14:43

Hi,

I used this plugin since a long time and I like it, it's convenient. Since OpenPli 3.0, I've seen that we can configure it. I've seen "Forward volume keys". I wondered whether it would allow to have the regulation of the sound volume of the TV with the receiver remote or conversely. If I switch it to "yes", the remote receiver makes nothing (when I press the TV key, I can modify the TV volume but it's not convenient).

Can somebody explain me what is the function of this parameter?

Thank you :) .

Vu+ Ultimo 4K - OpenPli 8.3

Xtrend ET9200 - OpenPli 6.2

Re: Question about volume (sound) with HDMI CEC setup #2 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 10 November 2012 - 20:18

It tries to forward the volume keys to an audio/video receiver (avr or commonly known as amplifier) or to the television. It automatically detects whether to send the keys to the avr or tv. It works perfectly when used with an avr. I use it all the time.
But I didn't hear a single success of forwarding the keys to the tv. The way key forwarding in hdmicec is defined, it allows you to control other devices with the remote of the tv. If your tv remote has the appropriate buttons, you can try to control the stb with your tv remote. This is also configurable. My tv remote doesn't have nearly enough buttons to control my et9000, so I implemented it the other around. Luckily my avr accepts key forwarding from non-tv devices.

Edited by Sjaaky, 10 November 2012 - 20:33.

Re: Question about volume (sound) with HDMI CEC setup #3 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:21

Ok, thank you. I don't use the TV remote, it's not convenient. I use a Logitech Harmony One and the ET9000 remote. I hoped I can modify the volume of the TV with the ET9000 receiver instead of switching on TV button, modify the volume, switching on ET9000 button... I could do that with my previous receivers ;) .

Vu+ Ultimo 4K - OpenPli 8.3

Xtrend ET9200 - OpenPli 6.2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users