Jump to content


Photo

Samba/network


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Clown

  • Member
  • 25 posts

0
Neutral

Posted 9 February 2013 - 14:25

Hi,

I flashed OpenPLI 3.0 ver. 20130207 on my ET9200 yesterday and everything is working fine except I cannot see my ET9200 on my network. I'm assuming this is a Samba problem? I can transfer files via FTP without any problems.

I've used several other images in the past(HDFreaks, Xtrend, VIX) and my ET9200 was displayed on my network "out of the box" immediately after flashing. Do I need to do anything special for OpenPLI image? How do I tell if Samba is actually installed and running?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Samba/network #2 jedeje

  • Senior Member
  • 60 posts

0
Neutral

Posted 9 February 2013 - 14:36

Use the search function of this Board for samba or cifs and you'll find other threads reporting this issue with suggestions to track and fix it. Proposed fixes or workarounds seem to work for some, not for all.

gr
jedeje
Clarke tech ET-9000, TF7700HDPVR E2 A1+A2+A3+HB & Rotor 40W - 40E

Re: Samba/network #3 Clown

  • Member
  • 25 posts

0
Neutral

Posted 9 February 2013 - 18:24

Is there a way that I can verify SAMBA is installed and running?

Does anyone have a 100% fix??

Re: Samba/network #4 superleok

  • Senior Member
  • 51 posts

0
Neutral

Posted 14 February 2013 - 15:10

Check "workgroup" parameter in smb.conf. Normaly the Windows Standard Workgroup Name is Workgroup and and maybe you have to change the workgroup paramater in smb.conf to that value.

If you can see your box but you can't access. Try these steps described here:

http://openpli.org/f...0/page__st__100


You can see running processes with busybox command: ps (via telnet)
More Options: ps --help

Running processes are: nmbd and smbd

The following files and folders should be installad:

/usr/sbin/nmbd
/usr/sbin/smbd
/etc/samba + subfolders
/etc/samba/smb.conf

Re: Samba/network #5 Clown

  • Member
  • 25 posts

0
Neutral

Posted 15 February 2013 - 16:00

Thanks for your help.

I changed the workgroup name to "Workgroup" then it was displayed but not accessible. After today's PLI update, it's magically displayed and accessible, I have no idea how or why, but it's all working now.

Thanks.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users