Softcam manager not working

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Re: Softcam manager not working #41 dOOds

• 59 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 April 2014 - 13:02

Thank You Christophercvr..

Not impatient just not confident it will ever get added to the update stream ,so just wanted to try it myself..

As i say many thanks for your work

Regards

Re: Softcam manager not working #42 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 14 April 2014 - 13:48

Thank You Christophercvr..

Not impatient just not confident it will ever get added to the update stream ,so just wanted to try it myself..

As i say many thanks for your work

Regards

Yes I understand what You mean.

But this ipk is just a tempo and actually a bit a dirthy work-around.

Re: Softcam manager not working #43 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 14 April 2014 - 16:53

I then noticed that in despit the fact that I stopped the cam there where still aktif pids.

Those I could kill by using the command

~# killall -9 <name off softcam binary self>

Then It was ok and I could restart .

Trough telnet OK Trough softcam manager just same sometimes ok others not.

Hi,

It is to avoid such problem that I propose my script, because I also point out that some softcam scripts were wrong because people forgot to change properly the binary name in the script at all the right place, they focus on the start and not on the stop command. So people switching between different softcam gets troubles because you have severals softcam running at the same time all whiling to access your dvbapi or your card reader at the same time.

My script is the same as the standard Openpli ones except that it uses variables for binary and configuration path, so this avoid any error, you change the parameters ones at the top of the script and that's all.

I even create a variant to start 2 different softcams at the same time.

Pr2

Edited by Pr2, 14 April 2014 - 16:54.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Softcam manager not working #44 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 14 April 2014 - 19:28

@Pr2

Not att all. You're script or other one is just the same at end. And does not make any difference.

The problem is the graphical interface written in python. Which has just a problem (at higher level). That is written to start stop replace a cam whitout having to use telnet. But just that the user can do this with his remote command very easy. And that problem at higher level causes in some cases runtime error's they are just solved by slightly increasing the time outs. Those time outs where there already for that reason and are ok for a lot off situations. Unfortunately from the moment you have an heavier cam such as oscam with use off external readers such as smartreaders and or pcsc they are not enough. By just increasing them the problems are solved.

It's evident that that graphical interface still uses start stop scripts and thats pretty ok. Also the scripts from pli self in /etc/init.d are fine enough and do work very good.

Edited by christophecvr, 14 April 2014 - 19:30.

Re: Softcam manager not working #45 pecorazza

• 99 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 April 2014 - 20:13

Thank You Christophercvr

Just installed the patch and going to give it a try.

Tx again

Re: Softcam manager not working #46 pecorazza

• 99 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 April 2014 - 18:06

Hello. I did try it - installed the ipk, but unfortunatelly nothing changed.
Same as before, right after reboot the softcam manager works fine. But when I try to switch cams some hours after reboot, the switch doesn't occur.
I even tried with universal scripts from this thread and on unencrypted channels but nothing.

Re: Softcam manager not working #47 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,963 posts

+334
Excellent

Posted 16 April 2014 - 18:17

Hello. I did try it - installed the ipk, but unfortunatelly nothing changed.
Same as before, right after reboot the softcam manager works fine. But when I try to switch cams some hours after reboot, the switch doesn't occur.
I even tried with universal scripts from this thread and on unencrypted channels but nothing.

in telnet:

1)before switch cam

ps w

2)after switch cam

ps w

Aswer here(use PuTTY).

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Softcam manager not working #48 pecorazza

• 99 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 April 2014 - 19:16

Yes Dima73.
As before installing ipk, softcam 1 is always active, before and after trying to stop it. And softcam 2 doesn't run.
If i kill it by hand and/or try to launch another binary, always by hand, it does work obviously. It's the softcam manager that doesn't work.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)