• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Re: Building own OpenPli4 #61 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 10 March 2014 - 14:26

Yes ,

With this update off openembedded a build from scratch is needed. Due to many conflicts. Which are not resolved automatically.

p.s. The fact that I keep my working directory's is off course maybe one of the factors which contributed to the need of a fuil rebuild from scratch.

Further yes some things into bb files are not allowed anymore, like that example off milo.

Also if You use for example in one off the bb files a specific buid path . To have the build not into source dir. before You could name that for example build_dir.

Now anymore the underscore and all behind is ignored and not build_dir will be created but build. Later on it will result into a failed install cause the install still has you're build_dir and not build.

Somehow this is logic , since the underscore is mainly used to seperate package and version off package.

Re: Building own OpenPli4 #62 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 10 March 2014 - 15:46

Ter info

Build from scratch vuduo2 OK :)

Build from scratch dm8000 OK :)

I well reflashed at once. That's faster then to solve a upgrade problem should that have occured, after this big openembedded-core update. ;)

Re: Building own OpenPli4 #63 isatbox

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:16

The new boot logo is missing from git. To add in to local build create new file named meta-local/recipes-local/bootlogo/openpli-bootlogo.bbappend

Put in file:

PRINC = "1"

BRANDINGDIR := "/tmp"

addtask download_logo before do_install

python do_download_logo() {
  import os
  os.system("mkdir -p /tmp/bootlogo")
  os.system("wget http://downloads.pli-images.org/feeds/openpli-4/vuduo2/Packages.gz -O /tmp/bootlogo/Packages.gz")
  os.system("gunzip -f /tmp/bootlogo/Packages.gz");
  with open('/tmp/bootlogo/Packages', 'r') as content_file:
      content = content_file.read()
  content_split = content.split("\n")
  for iter in content_split:
    if 'Filename: openpli-bootlogo_' in iter:
      os.system("wget http://downloads.pli-images.org/feeds/openpli-4/vuduo2/%s -O /tmp/bootlogo/bootlogo.ipk" % iter[len("Filename: "):])
      os.system("cd /tmp/bootlogo && ar x bootlogo.ipk")
      os.system("cd /tmp/bootlogo && tar -xzf data.tar.gz")
      os.system("cp /tmp/bootlogo/usr/share/bootlogo.mvi /tmp/bootlogo")
      break
  os.system("find /tmp/bootlogo/. ! -name bootlogo.mvi -exec rm -fR {} \;")
}

do_install_append() {
  rm -fR /tmp/bootlogo
}

Now you can enjoy new logo in own build.

Re: Building own OpenPli4 #64 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:24

We don't put any bootlogo's in the source of the image anymore, you need to setup branding to compile your own image.

Note that we do NOT allow you (or anyone else) to compile OpenPLi images with our own official OpenPLi bootlogo, it's reserved for official OpenPLi images!

We will add a default bootlogo in the image for those that do not want to make a custom one, which makes this hack no longer needed.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Building own OpenPli4 #65 elvis38

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 July 2014 - 22:31

Ich komme auch nicht mehr weiter danke voraus.

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL svn://svn.xiph.org/trunk;module=cdparanoia;protocol=http, attempting MIRRORS if available
ERROR: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 1, output:
svn: E170000: Unrecognized URL scheme for 'http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/cdparanoia'

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'svn://svn.xiph.org/trunk;module=cdparanoia;protocol=http'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/chomu/pli4/openpli-oe-core/build/tmp/work/mips32el-oe-linux/cdparanoia/10.2+svnr17289-r1/temp/log.do_fetch.12320
ERROR: Task 2300 (/home/chomu/pli4/openpli-oe-core/meta-openpli/recipes-multimedia/cdparanoia/cdparanoia_svn.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1

Re: Building own OpenPli4 #66 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 29 July 2014 - 00:00

Temporary problem or a local problem at your side, I don't have a problem accessing that repository at the moment.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Building own OpenPli4 #67 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:48

Temporary problem or a local problem at your side, I don't have a problem accessing that repository at the moment.

It is not a temporary problem this time. It's a problem off the native build svn fetcher. In the used openembedded core revision it is broken for http protocol.

To work around on this, You can :

1) Use master-next there svn build back ok using 1.8.9 with serf instead of neon. Master next is now in it's first steps and not fully finished yet. It is for beta test builders and users who like to experiment test and bring up the errors with eventual solution.
There are some small issues with it. But that's normal its in developpement fase.

2) If you're compiling on a linux system such like ubuntu 12.04 or 14.04 and subversion is installed on you're system. (sudo apt apt-get install subversion).
Remove all the svnxx out you're pli4.0 native build map by me located in openpli-oe-core/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin Then it will use system subversion and ok.

3) Modifie the neon build bb file located in /home/christophe/openpli40-sav/openpli-oe-core/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-support/neon named neon_0.30.0.bb. from that bb file change line number 19
#line number 19  # from :inherit autotools binconfig-disabled lib_package pkgconfig# to :  inherit autotools lib_package pkgconfig
Then rebuild neon, svn and image. Best procedure to follow :
MACHINE=vuduo2 bitbake -b virtual:native:$HOME/openpli40/openpli-oe-core/meta-local/recipes-local/subversion/subversion_1.7.10.bb -f -c cleanall
MACHINE=vuduo2 bitbake -b $HOME/openpli40/openpli-oe-core/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/subversion/subversion_1.7.10.bb -f -c cleanall
MACHINE=vuduo2 bitbake -b virtual:native:$HOME/openpli40/openpli-oe-core/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-support/neon/neon_0.30.0.bb -f -c cleanall
MACHINE=vuduo2 bitbake -b $HOME/openpli40/openpli-oe-core/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-support/neon/neon_0.30.0.bb -f -c cleanall
MACHINE=vuduo2 bitbake -c cleanall openpli-enigma2-image

The modifie the neon_0.30.3.bb recipe.

Rebuild You're image and it will be ok.

Edited by christophecvr, 30 July 2014 - 11:52.

Re: Building own OpenPli4 #68 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:55

Sorry the previous best practice the first two line must be :

MACHINE=vuduo2 bitbake -b virtual:native:$HOME/openpli40/openpli-oe-core/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/subversion/subversion_1.7.10.bb -f -c cleanall
MACHINE=vuduo2 bitbake -b $HOME/openpli40/openpli-oe-core/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/subversion/subversion_1.7.10.bb -f -c cleanall

Re: Building own OpenPli4 #69 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 1 August 2014 - 07:45

For this svn problem there is even a better solution. Since the standard pli 4.0 does keep this broken svn fetcher. If You're build you're own image , just add the corrected neon_0.30.0.bb recipe to you're map

openpli-oe-core/meta-local/recipes-local

Just expand the here included tar bal file in that recipes-local map.

Then after a pli git update, It still will stay using that neon. This up to that pli4.0 openembedded-core is updated again.

Attached Files

Re: Building own OpenPli4 #70 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 2 January 2015 - 00:15

Hello,

How can I build image for vuduo2 with gstreamer 1.0?

Best regards,

SSS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users