DM800 OpenPLI 2.1 Bootloader 84 secondstage-dm800-84.nfi

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 roandr

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:28

My first post!

I have an original DM800 HD PVR that I'm running bootloader 84 on (I used DreamUP and this: http://dreamboxupdat...ge-dm800-84.nfi). No errors.

Used it's web interface to flash it with OpenPLI 2.1: http://downloads.pli...00-20131129.zip. No errors.

First time boot after flashing works like a charm. I go through all the settings using the wizard and after scanning for channels I restart the box. It boots until the progress indicator reaches the second period in "Dream Multimedia booting..." then the LCD goes black for a couple of seconds and the progress bars starts at from the middle and runs until it reaches the second period again. This continues.

I believe the boot process is about to start the GUI when the problem occurs.

I've tried re-flashing 3-4 times.

Any ideas?

Regards

Re: DM800 HD PVR and boot loop after OpenPLI 2.1 #2 roandr

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 November 2013 - 23:08

I've done some more testing.

Setting the display and language settings and not the rest of the wizard will also put it into a boot loop.

Are there an archive of older bootloaders at openpli.org? or maybe somewhere else?

Regards

Re: DM800 HD PVR and boot loop after OpenPLI 2.1 #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 1 December 2013 - 01:35

You have to visit the website of the manufacturer for the bootloaders, they are not part of the OpenPLi image. But I believe 84 is the latest.

Are you sure no backup of a previous image is restored? This sounds like the box crashes, and restarts. If the network is already up, you could try telnetting to it, and see if you can find the error.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: DM800 HD PVR and boot loop after OpenPLI 2.1 #4 roman01

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 December 2013 - 16:38

Same problem. Have you been able to stop the loop? My DM800 is unusable! :(

Re: DM800 HD PVR and boot loop after OpenPLI 2.1 #5 andy1

• 123 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 14 December 2013 - 21:17

I've done some more testing.

Setting the display and language settings and not the rest of the wizard will also put it into a boot loop.

Are there an archive of older bootloaders at openpli.org? or maybe somewhere else?

Regards

What language do you select in settings?

Re: DM800 HD PVR and boot loop after OpenPLI 2.1 #6 roman01

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:44

Sorry I didn't see your reply. I use only English.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DM800, OpenPLI 2.1, Bootloader 84, secondstage-dm800-84.nfi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users