VU+ Ultimo, Wavefrontier and 10/1 Switch

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bhubert1978

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 December 2013 - 13:16

Hi folks,

I have got a Wavefrontier installed with 10 LNBs yesterday. There is also a 10/1 Switch which basically should be configured to work with a Dreambox Receiver. I have a VU+ Ultimo, though. Does somebody has any clue on how to install those 10 lnbs on my receiver?

I have a manual which states that with the USALS (motorised dish system) will install the lnbs or with diseqc 1.1 - but I am even more lost with this one because of the committed, uncommitted and toneburst functions I never heard of?

May somebody pls help me?

TIA, regards, bhubert

Edited by bhubert1978, 3 December 2013 - 13:17.

Re: VU+ Ultimo, Wavefrontier and 10/1 Switch #2 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 3 December 2013 - 13:38

The terms committed and uncommitted switch are important when you're going to use multiple switches between the receiver and the LNB's. An example might be a setup with four quattro LNB's connected to a multiswitch (committed) and also four single LNB's to a simple switch. For a tuner to be able select every LNB, you need to connect the multiswitch (committed) to the simple switch (uncommitted) and connect the simple switch to the tuner.

In that case, you need to use two switches, only one of them can be a committed switch (always next to the LNB's) and only one of them can be an uncommitted switch.

It is possible to only use a single uncommitted switch or a single committed switch, that's no problem.

What you have is either a committed or an uncommitted switch, but it doesn't matter in this case.

Then, the USALS or "rotor emulation mode". I don't think you should use it. It's for receivers that don't understand DiSeqC 1.1. All Enigma receivers do understand DiSeqC 1.1 though, so you should use that mode.

Your LNB's are simple single LNB's I guess, so they should be put in hi/lo and vertical/horizontal mode using tone burst and voltage (13V/18V). Then send DiSeqC commands to select an input. Some switches can simply use "uncommitted" input 1 - input 16, other switches can only use "committed" inputs AA/AB/BA/BB in combination with "uncommitted" inputs 1 - 16. The manual of your switch should explain what to use.

For this to work you really need to select "advanced mode" of the tuner.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: VU+ Ultimo, Wavefrontier and 10/1 Switch #3 bhubert1978

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 December 2013 - 14:18

Hi Erik,

thank you very much for your reply. I got a setup manual of this switch GD-10A (10/1) which is basically in German and tells me that there are 8 possible modes... and that without the programmer the receiver should do the programming with the help of diseqc 1.2 and east and west border limits. btw my current setup is vu+ ultimo with one cable to the GD-10A and from the GD-10A to the wavefrontier which houses 10 single lnb.

Unfortunately this is all what I know and since I do not really know how to get into this AA AB modes...sorry but I am really a NOOB on this topic.

I do not understand that USALS thing at all, though.

Maybe somebody has a screenshot of the settings on how this switch is configured in your box with 10 (or more) lnbs?

TIA bhubert

Edited by bhubert1978, 3 December 2013 - 14:20.

Re: VU+ Ultimo, Wavefrontier and 10/1 Switch #4 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 3 December 2013 - 14:24

Configuring a receiver to use with a 10/1 switch is not something a one-fits-all receipt is for.

You really need to find out how the switch is controlled and then you can instruct enigma to send the proper commands.

And USALS is something with a rotor, you don't need that.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: VU+ Ultimo, Wavefrontier and 10/1 Switch #5 Satpal

• 299 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 3 December 2013 - 14:43

I also own such a 10/1 switch which is set to the mode Diseqc 1.2 but I don't use it anymore as it is rather difficult to set up and even after I got it working it didn't switch very reliably. Either you invest some time to figure out the setup with Diseqc 1.2 or invest some more money to get the necessary programmer to re-program it to Diseqc mode 1.1 or just buy another switch 8/1 or 16/1 which uses Diseqc 1.1.

With those you just have to add the uncommitted commands 1-8 or 1-16 for each lnb and that's it.

Re: VU+ Ultimo, Wavefrontier and 10/1 Switch #6 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 5 December 2013 - 20:15

Is the switch EMP? Set it to DiSEqC 1.1 mode.

Then in tuner config choose advanced. Then you have to set up each satellite. Lets say you have your 19E LNB connected to port 1 of the switch. In tuner config, select 19E, LNB 1, DiSEqC 1.1, uncommitted input 1. and committed to none. You need to do similar for each LNB.

Re: VU+ Ultimo, Wavefrontier and 10/1 Switch #7 Satpal

• 299 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 6 December 2013 - 20:58

No, he doesn't have an EMP switch. They don't make those 10/1 switches to my knowledge. Otherwise I don't think we would have this discussion. But I would also go for an EMP 8/1. I have several of them from different generations and they are all working fine for many years now.They are also just around the same price as the programmer for the 10/1 switch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users