10 replies to this topic

#1 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,470 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 2 January 2014 - 11:21

As of the 2nd of January 2014 we stop with building OpenPLi 3.0 images. 

From today only OpenPLi 4 images will be build.

We'll continue to build OpenPLi 2.1 images for the DMM800HD and the DMM7025.

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: OpenPLi stops with OpenPLi 3.0 images #2 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 2 January 2014 - 11:29

Hello,

Are you going to keep OpenPLi 3.0 branch somewhere so we can continue build images based on "frozen" OpenPLi OE 3.0?

Upstream branch will become Master? (something like upstream -> master, upstream-next -> upstream ?)

Can you show us what we need to change in order to continue building OpenPLi 4, if you change upstream tag? (without starting all over)

Thanks,

PS. If you are going to delete OpenPLi 3.0 branch (master) please give us some time to clone it, so not loose OpenPLi OE 3.0

Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: OpenPLi stops with OpenPLi 3.0 images #3 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 2 January 2014 - 11:55

Don't worry, no branches are to be deleted.

It's my intention to rename the branches, hopefully such that existing clones won't be affected, but new clones should by default get the branch that's called upstream currently.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: OpenPLi stops with OpenPLi 3.0 images #4 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 3 January 2014 - 11:20

If you are currently using the "master" branch of OpenPli (that is, OpenPLi 3.0), be aware that with the end of OpenPli 3 development, the OpenPLi 4 branch will become the new "master" branch soon.

If you want to continue using OpenPLi 3 as a basis for your development, switch to the newly created "openpli-3" branch. Simply pull it using "git fetch" and use "git checkout openpli-3" to switch to that branch.

If you do nothing, a future "pull" of master will attempt to fetch and merge the OpenPLi 4 branch (currently called "upstream") which is likely to fail in merge conflicts.

If you are currently using the "upstream" branch (which is a good thing), you will need to change to follow the "master" branch instead of the "upstream" one, in near future (not now - master still points to openpli-3).
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: OpenPLi stops with OpenPLi 3.0 images #5 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 3 January 2014 - 11:45

If you are currently using the "master" branch of OpenPli (that is, OpenPLi 3.0), be aware that with the end of OpenPli 3 development, the OpenPLi 4 branch will become the new "master" branch soon.

If you want to continue using OpenPLi 3 as a basis for your development, switch to the newly created "openpli-3" branch. Simply pull it using "git fetch" and use "git checkout openpli-3" to switch to that branch.

If you do nothing, a future "pull" of master will attempt to fetch and merge the OpenPLi 4 branch (currently called "upstream") which is likely to fail in merge conflicts.

If you are currently using the "upstream" branch (which is a good thing), you will need to change to follow the "master" branch instead of the "upstream" one, in near future (not now - master still points to openpli-3).

Thank's It was one off the questions I intendet to ask what about upstream and master when pli3 is gone. Especially that since now I do have two images to maintain vuduo2 and dm8000 I was at the point to make script in order to have a bit more automation.

Did You read topic

http://openpli.org/f...uo2-and-dm8000/

Since I think it also may screw the nightly builds by you're servers.

Re: OpenPLi stops with OpenPLi 3.0 images #6 ian1095

• 462 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 4 January 2014 - 13:08

Great !!

does this mean that there will now no longer be any online updates for images that are already installed ?

one of the main reasons i moved from BH to pli was to avoid having to reflash all the time.

so are you now saying that if i wish to keep my image up to date then i have to reflash to pli 4.0 ?

Ian.

Re: OpenPLi stops with OpenPLi 3.0 images #7 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,470 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 4 January 2014 - 13:50

Indeed, use The plugin autobackup to flash and restore

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: OpenPLi stops with OpenPLi 3.0 images #8 fleggy

• 21 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 January 2014 - 09:31

Can you describe the "recommended update process" for dummies please? Should I backup my recordings too? OpenPLi 3.0 is my first and only image I've ever used.

Thanks

Re: OpenPLi stops with OpenPLi 3.0 images #9 Meega

• 3,000 posts

+51
Good

Posted 5 January 2014 - 09:40

Can you describe the "recommended update process" for dummies please? Should I backup my recordings too? OpenPLi 3.0 is my first and only image I've ever used.

Thanks

Did you ever flash openpli 3.0?

Flashing openpli 4.0 is the same.

ET10000+ Openpli 6.1,1m schotel 4x duo-lnb op vaste opstelling.

Momolights teensy 2.0 met 50 leds op een string ,150 channels
DM8000 Openpli 6.1 Release

Re: OpenPLi stops with OpenPLi 3.0 images #10 fleggy

• 21 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 January 2014 - 16:45

Of course I did. But it was brand new Ultimo. Will I have to reinstall all my plugins? Can I expect some known problems? Thanks

Re: OpenPLi stops with OpenPLi 3.0 images #11 Meega

• 3,000 posts

+51
Good

Posted 5 January 2014 - 16:53

You can use autobackup which will install most your plugins if your backup is resent.

The rest i don't know.

ET10000+ Openpli 6.1,1m schotel 4x duo-lnb op vaste opstelling.

Momolights teensy 2.0 met 50 leds op een string ,150 channels
DM8000 Openpli 6.1 Release

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users