12 replies to this topic

#1 whoami

• 14 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:57

350px-Bitcoin.png

ASIC and FPGA miner in c for bitcoin

Features:

• Very low overhead free c code for Linux and windows with very low non-mining CPU and ram usage
  • Stratum and GBT pooled mining protocol support
  • Scaleable networking scheduler designed to scale to any size hashrate without networking delays yet minimise connection overhead
  • long poll support - will use longpoll from any pool if primary pool does not support it
  • Self detection of new blocks with a mini-database for slow/failing longpoll scenarios, maximum work efficiency and minimum rejects.
  • Heavily threaded code hands out work retrieval and work submission to separate threads to not hinder devices working
  • Caching of submissions during transient network outages
  • Preemptive fetching of work prior to completion of current work
  • Local generation of valid work (via stratum, GBT or ntime rollover) whenever possible, as supported on a per-work item basis
  • Prevention of stale work submission on new block
  • Summarised and discrete device data statistics of requests, accepts, rejects, hw errors and work utility
  • Summary displayed when quitting
  • Supports multiple pools with multiple intelligent failover mechanisms
  • Temporary disabling of misbehaving pools rejecting all shares
  • On the fly menu based management of most settings
  • Trickling of extra work to backup pools if primary pool is responding but slow
  • RPC +/- JSON interface for remote control
  • Bitforce support - singles and minirig
  • Icarus support
  • Modminer support
  • Ability to cope with slow routers
  • Submit-old support
  • X-Reject-Reason support
  • Variable difficulty support
  • Share difficulty reporting
  • Target and block difficulty displays
  • Block solve detection
  • ASIC Avalon support
  • Bitburner support
  • Redfury/Bluefury USB stick support
  • Bi*fury USB support
  • BlackArrow Bitfury support
  • BFL SC asic support
  • Drillbit support
  • Klondike support
  • KnCminer support
  • Hashfast support
  • Nanofury support
  • Minion support
  • Antminer U1 support
  • Direct USB communications
  • Device hotplug
  • Heavily featured RPC API
  • Multicast support
  • Proxy support
Usage instructions:

Run "cgminer --help" to see options

Cgminer should automatically find all of your Avalon ASIC, BFL ASIC, BitForce
FPGAs, Icarus bitstream FPGAs, Klondike ASIC, ASICMINER usb block erupters,
KnC ASICs, BaB ASICs, Hashfast ASICs and ModMiner FPGAs.

Attached Files

Re: Bitcoin #2 mirakels

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 7,599 posts

+62
Good

Posted 17 February 2014 - 13:53

I can't beleive our boxes are powerfull to generate a single bitcoin within 10 years time in these days.

So it seems to be a useless tool. And while this is likely a binary only tool I wouldn't be supprised if this is a trojan.

Geen wonder... Had slechts een dm7000, maar wel ook een rotor. eigenlijk al een tijdje ook een dm600 en dm7025. Maar nu kijkend met een et9000 en vuduo

Re: Bitcoin #3 whoami

• 14 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 February 2014 - 14:03

Our boxes can't generate bitcoins. We need an adapter. I only compiled cgminer from source from a mipsel arch (why trojan?)

Re: Bitcoin #4 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2014 - 22:20

Create a bitbake for OE.

When you are providing binary it may contain a trojan ..

https://github.com/K.../cgminer_git.bb
Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: Bitcoin #5 mirakels

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 7,599 posts

+62
Good

Posted 17 February 2014 - 22:35

Our boxes can't generate bitcoins. We need an adapter. I only compiled cgminer from source from a mipsel arch (why trojan?)

So then explain in more general terms what the cgminer does. From the title I would expect you want to offer a tool to generate bitcoins. And I for one don't belive taht would be a useful tool on the satellite receiver.

An if you invest time to build from source, you have to check if all libraries are available on the destination machine. Then it would indeed be better to get the openembedded build environment and learn how to create bb files to build the ipk for you.

Geen wonder... Had slechts een dm7000, maar wel ook een rotor. eigenlijk al een tijdje ook een dm600 en dm7025. Maar nu kijkend met een et9000 en vuduo

Re: Bitcoin #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,564 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2014 - 23:04

@whoami,

Do you actually use it and calculate hashes on the box?

If I compare the power of a modern box with for example a high end OpenWRT capable router, you could maybe get to 5000MH/s. If you're lucky. Which at today's rate will make you 0.00048770 BTC a day. Or just over 2050 days for 1 BTC.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Bitcoin #7 whoami

• 14 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 February 2014 - 23:25

You can't mine with CPU or GPU. You need a USB miner (BITMAIN ANTMINER U1 USB MINER for example). Now I am waiting for a miner ordered on ebay, so I can't give you a feedback.

@athoik

I'm sorry. Never used bitbake. I just set up a mipsel box with qemu.

@mirakels

I checked it on my DM800se with Openpli4 and there are no libs problem

Edited by whoami, 17 February 2014 - 23:28.

Re: Bitcoin #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,564 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 18 February 2014 - 00:11

An OpenWRT capable router like an E3000 for example mines fine. It's just so slow it's pointless.

Unless you have hunderds of them in a pool. But then it would probably make more sense to spend 10K$ on a Norwegian piece of machinery... ;)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Bitcoin #9 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,564 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 18 February 2014 - 00:15

Btw, I read that the Antminer can do max. 2.2GH/s. Which gives you an average time to find one block of 19.37 years, or a daily revenue of 0.00353534 BTC.

Will not exactly make you very rich either... ;)

Re: Bitcoin #10 whoami

• 14 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:08

0.00353534 BTC = 1.07€ per USB ANTMINER key in a day. Not very bad :)

Re: Bitcoin #11 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 18 February 2014 - 14:00

It would be IF you really got that dollar a day on your bank account.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Bitcoin #12 aleroot

• 47 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 April 2014 - 14:28

Great idea !

I think it would be better running cgminer on a VuDuo2 rather than on a Raspberry PI !

Please can you share the GCC toolchain you used to compile cgminer from source for the MIPSEL arch ?

Thank You !

Re: Bitcoin #13 whoami

• 14 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 April 2014 - 14:32

Great idea !

I think it would be better running cgminer on a VuDuo2 rather than on a Raspberry PI !

Please can you share the GCC toolchain you used to compile cgminer from source for the MIPSEL arch ?

Thank You !

Use this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users