Transcoding problem

• Please log in to reply
693 replies to this topic

Re: Transcoding problem #261 pablocool

• 72 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 19 April 2014 - 18:44

I tested it by myself. When transmission is running and downloading torrents then running stream via transcode causes enigma2 freeze. I can telnet and reboot -f it. Now I have some kind of baypass I disable port on my router but option to disable streamproxy from menu would be useful. I use transcoding (streamproxy now) usually cause I travel a lot.

Edited by pablocool, 19 April 2014 - 18:46.

Re: Transcoding problem #262 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 19 April 2014 - 18:49

You're missing the point. It's not that you cannot use transcoding from external (that what it's made for eventually). It's that you cannot just open up ports from the internet and trust it will all come together and everybody will place nicely.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Transcoding problem #263 pablocool

• 72 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 19 April 2014 - 18:54

You're missing the point. It's not that you cannot use transcoding from external (that what it's made for eventually). It's that you cannot just open up ports from the internet and trust it will all come together and everybody will place nicely.

I cannot disagree :)

Re: Transcoding problem #264 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 19 April 2014 - 18:55

... this means disabling transcoding will not solve your problem, actually.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Transcoding problem #265 delavega

• 377 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2014 - 00:27

here we go again  <_< something breaks at some point

ahhhhhhhhhhh

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ DUO 2</strong></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ SOLO</strong></span></span>

Re: Transcoding problem #266 delavega

• 377 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:33

I was playing a stream (8002) with VLC after a while the stream stopped, but in the solo2 it was still showing the icon that it is "streaming". I wasnt able to change a channel or nothing "no free tuner" and most importantly i wasnt able to stop it. Couldnt connect to telnet, i had to power it off and on manually.

:(

Edited by taboune, 24 April 2014 - 11:33.

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ DUO 2</strong></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ SOLO</strong></span></span>

Re: Transcoding problem #267 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:29

The package hasn't been updated for a week now...

You must accept the driver support for transcoding is crappy, especially on the solo2. Everytime you have something weird, you should look at the dmesg messages, and you will see kernel OOPSes there. Or the STB has already crashed. I've seen that many times as well. Kernel OOPSes and crashes is not something a user space program (like the streamproxy) has any influence on.

The streamproxy already goes out of it's way to prevent crashing, by always draining any buffered data. If a program fails to do that, the driver also crashes.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 24 April 2014 - 12:30.

Re: Transcoding problem #268 macnuts

• 420 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2014 - 13:22

First of all many, many thanks to Erik to have that happened.

It would be great if you would enhance transcoding process and have it selecting user specified audio track and or subtitles. Ideally, if transcoding process would follow lamedb settings in that matter.

Many thanks.

Re: Transcoding problem #269 колбаскин

• 105 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2014 - 14:46

In BH work auth in WebIf on 8001 and 8002 ports

and work plugin Transcoding setup

When you fix this?

Re: Transcoding problem #270 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 14:48

I may actually do that some time. But the lamed isn't that simple to parse.

Please note: subtitles are not and cannot be added/transcoded. Only one audio track is permitted. Currently for live streaming services the ac3 audio channel is selected, if it's available, otherwise mpeg. The reason for that is that you don't want a "narrative" track (for visual impaired, see BBC). With file transcoding, the track is selected that doesn't have 'nar' in the language specification and doesn't have the "narrative" metadata flags set. I might add a knob for language preferrance.

Re: Transcoding problem #271 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 14:48

When you fix this?

Can somebody who actually read the topic please answer this?

Edited by Erik Slagter, 24 April 2014 - 14:58.

Re: Transcoding problem #272 колбаскин

• 105 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2014 - 14:58

I have already mentioned that your image is used in Russia, where there are difficulties with the English language.
I'm more interested in the lack of authorization Stream.Stream available to everyone

http://satsis.info/f...idzhah-openpli/

Can you look at the Russian?

Re: Transcoding problem #273 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 15:00

Authentication should work actually. Somebody can confirm this?

Re: Transcoding problem #274 колбаскин

• 105 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2014 - 15:04

Many who can.
Set the authorization settings on the flow and try
The image of BH asks authorization when entering the webif and ports 8001 and 8002
The image OpenPli asks only when entering WebIf.
Checked on the receivers VU + Duo2 and ET9200

Re: Transcoding problem #275 delavega

• 377 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2014 - 15:06

Authentication works when you want to stream from 8002

No Authentication for 8001

Re: Transcoding problem #276 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 15:08

Then BH has fabricated it's own streamproxy, they're not using the one from either VU+ or OpenPLi.

If you have enabled authentication in the web interface, you won't be able to start transcoding without sending the authentication, simple as that. But simple streaming (port 8001) is handled internally by enigma and doesn't require authentication, that's another story.

Anyway I don't think it's a good idea to use http authentication to "protect" your stb to the outside world.

Re: Transcoding problem #277 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 15:09

Authentication works when you want to stream from 8002

No Authentication for 8001

Exactly ;)

Just filter out port 8001 and use port 8002 only. From port 8002 (or 8003) you can either stream or transcode, live or file.

Re: Transcoding problem #278 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 15:18

Be aware that in BH web-if authentication doesn't work at all. You can activate it, but it doesn't actually work :)

Re: Transcoding problem #279 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 15:35

Interesting...

Re: Transcoding problem #280 колбаскин

• 105 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2014 - 15:46

this is nonsense
I want to use both ports with authorization. look at the media player without transcoding, on your mobile phone with transcoding. Authorization is necessary on both ports.

On image of BlackHole-2.0.9-vuduo2_usb authorization works at both ports ! ! !

Attached File  8001.jpg   53.62KB   36 downloads

Attached File  8002.jpg   51.51KB   39 downloads

+ expanded menu of control of a transkoding

Attached File  1_0_1_3EE5_10_70_1680000_0_0_0.jpg   61.83KB   34 downloads

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users