• Please log in to reply
693 replies to this topic

Re: Transcoding problem #281 delavega

• 377 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2014 - 15:46

Placebo effect lol

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ DUO 2</strong></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ SOLO</strong></span></span>

Re: Transcoding problem #282 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 15:54

I can repeat what I told about one hour ago. Port 8001 is served by enigma, which doesn't enforce authentication. It has nothing to do with the streamproxy. The streamproxy listens to other ports, default 8002 and 8003 (but others if you want to). The streamproxy does enforce authentication.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 24 April 2014 - 15:54.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Transcoding problem #283 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 16:02

this is nonsense
I want to use both ports with authorization. look at the media player without transcoding, on your mobile phone with transcoding. Authorization is necessary on both ports.

On image of BlackHole-2.0.9-vuduo2_usb authorization works at both ports ! ! !

attachicon.gif8001.jpg
attachicon.gif8002.jpg

+ expanded menu of control of a transkoding

attachicon.gif1_0_1_3EE5_10_70_1680000_0_0_0.jpg

It shows the username/password window. But does it actually work?
Last time I tried it didn't.

Edited by SatKiekerd, 24 April 2014 - 16:03.

Re: Transcoding problem #284 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 16:04

Transcoding on OpenPLi doesn't work with a "plugin".

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Transcoding problem #285 колбаскин

• 105 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2014 - 17:08

It shows the username/password window. But does it actually work?
Last time I tried it didn't.

Attached File  both.jpg   86.07KB   31 downloads

aha

Transcoding on OpenPLi doesn't work with a "plugin".

I think that many got used to that you very often spoil everything.

BH expanded the transkoding menu, and you simply killed him.

You don't think of safety and convenience of users. <_<

Re: Transcoding problem #286 delavega

• 377 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2014 - 17:35

new drivers released today.

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ DUO 2</strong></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ SOLO</strong></span></span>

Re: Transcoding problem #287 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 18:22

I think that many got used to that you very often spoil everything.
BH expanded the transkoding menu, and you simply killed him.
You don't think of safety and convenience of users. <_<

"Humbug". OpenPLi never had the "plugin" you're talking about. Our plugin only allowed on/off and port 8002 or 8003. I have considered including the plugin from VU+ which does allow "all" settings to be configured, but I found out most of the combinations of the settings only crash the transcoding engine/drivers/kernel/receiver. So there really is no point in having such a plugin.

Also if things never change, there will never be any progress. We deliver a "beta", nightly built image. It's not a "release". So things may change every now and then.

If you think BH is such a great image, what keeps you from using it, I won't mind...

Re: Transcoding problem #288 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 18:24

new drivers released today.

Yes, I'll include them shortly.

BUT... no transcoding improvements. It has been some time since there were transcoding improvements, I guess VU+ deems this quality level to be "sufficient".

Edited by Erik Slagter, 24 April 2014 - 18:24.

Re: Transcoding problem #289 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 18:44

It has been some time since there were transcoding improvements, I guess VU+ deems this quality level to be "sufficient".

Nope; they're working on serious improvements. But my guess is this will come together with a new kernel.
And before you ask: I have no idea about a time-schedule.

Re: Transcoding problem #290 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 18:44

Okay, time will tell.

Re: Transcoding problem #291 колбаскин

• 105 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2014 - 19:53

It is simpler to me to use your images, but now I am compelled to put BH.

I repeat, it is compelled. Because the transkoding and authorization works for them.

To me bothered that from me all who feel like it look.

You would lick a transkoding into shape and would return back a plug-in.

Would make authorization on the strimakh.

We always and everything recommended your images, but you became much worse.

You don't try to correct at all something but only you deny problems.

We always advised you for producers of the equipment. But you lost the positions.

Re: Transcoding problem #292 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 21:20

And that is all because the configuration of the transcoding has moved from a plugin to the url that's is passed to the streamproxy? While the configuration (see above) doesn't even work? Oh my...

Re: Transcoding problem #293 колбаскин

• 105 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:39

I hope you don't deny that everything works at BH, and at you image not work?

Always simpler to the person to come into the menu of plug-ins and to expose transkoding settings there.

Lack of authorization on the stream in your image gives the chance to all who feel like it to watch channels worldwide. You killed protection of a receiver and you don't repair it long ago

I so understand you aren't going to repair authorization on the stream (as in BH) and to return transkoding settings in a plug-in?

Re: Transcoding problem #294 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:47

BH uses a very old E2, OE and Linux kernel. Besides it is 100% OI, so they have nothing to do to get transcoding (or any other functionality) to work: VU did the work for them.
PLi uses an up-do-date OE and a far more developed E2. And PLi supports more hardware, so all the work-arounds VU makes in their OI can't be used.
As long as VU-hardware needs this kinds of work-arounds, and has hard coded old libraries and 'fixes' issues in E2 instead of in the drivers and creates non-generic functions, there is a lot of work to be done to actually support VU hardware. Seen from my side, I'm surprised to see they still do.
Anyway: IMHO this explains enough that any comparison with OI (-based) images is not real.

Edited by SatKiekerd, 25 April 2014 - 07:48.

Re: Transcoding problem #295 колбаскин

• 105 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:17

Believe, to users all the same what date of library.

The main thing that funtion worked.

Why to us the car which made yesterday if it doesn't go?

The Transkoding is obligatory function of a receiver and it doesn't work at image of OpenPli.

BH tries to do receiver work, and Openpli simply pushes all new.

Re: Transcoding problem #296 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:36

Hi,

BH only supports VU+ and PLi several other brands. Now quite a few new boxes with transcoding capabilities where on the market and PLi tries to handle all the same and this is not so easy as every brand only has their own receiver in mind and does not care what the others do.

btw. when BH is so good/perfect why do you want to use PLI?

ciao

Re: Transcoding problem #297 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:22

Yes that is exactly my question. Over here we like to move on. Sometimes that means a temporary reduction of functionality, while it is being developed. Also as an enduser you cannot demand from a developer that something is being implemented exactly you're used to.

Re: Transcoding problem #298 колбаскин

• 105 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:39

BH only supports VU+ and PLi several other brands.

LOL!!! And on ET9200 and VU+ Duo2 both not work auth for streaming!!!

Because I used skins which work only with OpenPli

Because I put the oscam emulator normally.

Because it is possible to use normally feed with plug-ins.

There are two options
Or to put BH and suffer with installation of skins
Or to put your image and not to pay attention to lack of safety. Not to pay attention that you constantly spoil something.

Edited by колбаскин, 25 April 2014 - 11:39.

Re: Transcoding problem #299 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:44

The interesting thing is that you say things that are not true. The streamproxy does support authentication. The only thing you have to do is block port 8001 on your router/firewall (this port is NOT served by the streamproxy!) and use port 8002/8003. Port 8001 has been there for years, so I don't understand what the sudden problem is.

Leaves me saying that you can call http authentication barely "safe".

Re: Transcoding problem #300 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:22

BH uses a very old E2, OE and Linux kernel. Besides it is 100% OI, so they have nothing to do to get transcoding (or any other functionality) to work: VU did the work for them.
PLi uses an up-do-date OE and a far more developed E2. And PLi supports more hardware, so all the work-arounds VU makes in their OI can't be used.
As long as VU-hardware needs this kinds of work-arounds, and has hard coded old libraries and 'fixes' issues in E2 instead of in the drivers and creates non-generic functions, there is a lot of work to be done to actually support VU hardware. Seen from my side, I'm surprised to see they still do.
Anyway: IMHO this explains enough that any comparison with OI (-based) images is not real.

Believe, to users all the same what date of library.

The main thing that funtion worked.

Why to us the car which made yesterday if it doesn't go?

The Transkoding is obligatory function of a receiver and it doesn't work at image of OpenPli.

In other words: you reply to me without even bothering to read what I wrote :(

But please: use BH and you'll be happy. Those minor issues you mention can easily be fixed (by you/BH).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users