Incorrect program information in the channel list

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 H2SO4JB

• 145 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:34

Hi!

I have a question regarding incorrect program information in my VU+ DUO2 with OpenPLi 4.0

Watch this video that illustrates my problem: http://tinyurl.com/l59c8ml

In my channel list so it says that the program "Ancient Megastructures" shown on the
channel "National Geographic HD". But when I switch to that channel, then another program
name shows at the bottom, and it is this program name that is correct. In other words it shown
wrong program name in the channel list. This happens on multiple channels, every now and then.
I have Rytec EPG installed, if you need to know it.

Does anyone here know what causes this, and how I fix it?

2 x Vu+ Duo2

Re: Incorrect program information in the channel list #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:41

Rytec information is loaded from websites, and sometimes this info is wrong, or there was a (last minute) schedule change.

When you switch to the channel, you'll get what is called now/next info, which is broadcasted, and what is usually (more) correct. Since it takes a bit of time to receive this, you first see the EPG data, and then it is being replaced by the "now" data...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Incorrect program information in the channel list #3 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 21 April 2014 - 13:01

Hi,

TV channels are broadcasting the now/next event in EIT format, this info overwrite the one from Rytec in the infobar, that's what you saw.

If you want, you can disable this: Menu - Parameters - System - User interface (2nd page) - Display now/next EIT events (set it to no), perhaps a restart of Openpli is needed.

Then you will only show the info coming from Rytec, but as explained by WanWizard if they are wrong you won't see the update send by the TV channel itself.

Pr2 

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Incorrect program information in the channel list #4 dirocca

• 1,667 posts

+59
Good

Posted 21 April 2014 - 13:23

it is better to set the now/next EIT to "on", because it gives you the correct information. ;)

if you notice a difference between now/next and rytec, it means the chedule for rytec went wrong,

you can ask Willy to correct this; http://openpli.org/f...nd-epg-support/

grtz Philip

vuduo2 openpli6.1 1TB HDD 2xdualS2tuner

av receiver denon - samsung 4k hdr+ 65inch UE65MU7000 - bose accoustimas 7.1 :rolleyes:

tvv kaart & schotel(64cm), duo lnb, OSCAM

logitech harmony ultimate

Re: Incorrect program information in the channel list #5 H2SO4JB

• 145 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 April 2014 - 14:37

Thanks, I understand.

I have contacted Willy now. We'll see if he can fix it.

2 x Vu+ Duo2

Re: Incorrect program information in the channel list #6 janejak

• 284 posts

+11
Neutral

Posted 21 April 2014 - 21:23

I use the channel Motors TV on Thor 5/6 & Intelsat 10-02 0.8W to opdate epg on telenor package

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users