• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Re: Autofs does not start after reboot box #21 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 23 April 2014 - 13:16

Do you still have it? Can you pm it to me?

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Autofs does not start after reboot box #22 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,624 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 23 April 2014 - 18:32

Do you still have it? Can you pm it to me?

done

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Autofs does not start after reboot box #23 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:58

Received. I haven't had the time to have a look though.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Autofs does not start after reboot box #24 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 16:53

The module loads okay, all (relevant) system calls return okay. It's a mystery to me at this point.

Re: Autofs does not start after reboot box #25 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,624 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 17:28

may be, it is ok, when is running strace only ?... it makes some delays.

Re: Autofs does not start after reboot box #26 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 18:27

Yes, indeed, it may be a race condition, difficult to spot from the strace. From the strace it can be seen that either /bin/sleep and nanosleep() are called many times. Which I think is not a good sign. But at least the module is loaded correctly, that was my first suspicion.

It looks you have quite a lot of entries, in different config files?

Re: Autofs does not start after reboot box #27 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,624 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 20:17

It looks you have quite a lot of entries, in different config files?

In which files ? But this files are readed after reboot same as after cold start. But problem is after cold start only.

F.eg. on vuultimo I have minimum plugins and friend's VuSolo2 has default instalation only. As I saw, somebody in this thread has same problem.

Re: Autofs does not start after reboot box #28 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 21:21

Yes I believe you ;) I've been trying to get autofs working long ago, on my x86 computer, the first autofs4 incarnation and I couldn't get it working reliably.

Re: Autofs does not start after reboot box #29 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,624 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 22:39

hmm... version under PLi3.0 worked perfectly.

Re: Autofs does not start after reboot box #30 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:14

Maybe related to the ethernet link coming up a bit slower on cold boot?
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Autofs does not start after reboot box #31 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,624 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:41

I do not know... When I set delay 120s before "start" in script, it did not help. When I remove starting script and run it manualy from telnet, when E2 is running, then it works well.

Now I am using under start section start + restart and it works well. Yes, it is ugly, but it works.

I think, under 3.0 was little diferent running script... I will try see on this older version...

Re: Autofs does not start after reboot box #32 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:28

But a userspace program cannot (well actually it can, using netlink or ethtools, but it would be useless to do) tell whether a link is physically up or down. Normally a user space program won't notice the link on an interface going up or down. I've seen no evidence in the strace autofs attempts to do that. So if the interface is set "up", which should have been done in het networking script, autofs should "just work", with or without link. The interface goes up instantanuously with ip link set up etc. The thing I can think of is a DNS lookup that doesn't complete because the interface has no link yet or is otherwise not functioning yet. But I've seen no DNS lookups either.

Re: Autofs does not start after reboot box #33 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:53

But a userspace program cannot (well actually it can, using netlink or ethtools, but it would be useless to do)

Enigma2 already listens to netlink events. Currenly it just allows you to plug in a wifi stick for example without restarting E2. I was planning to do more with that information though, like (re)mounting shares and automatically starting interfaces.

I wouldn't call it useless...

I was hoping to make E2 a direct client some day for autofs without the crappy daemon. The kernel part is okay.

Re: Autofs does not start after reboot box #34 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:05

I was talking of arbitrary user space programs monitoring the link status of an interface. These program should only be concerned with sending and receiving data, not what interfaces are used and if some interface has link. In the case of enigma2 one could say that knowledge of a link status could be interesting to show to the user when configuring the interfaces, so that is an exception. But in case of autofs I really can't think of a reason why it should query the link status of an interface.

And yes I agree the autofs daemon is "crap".

But please note, your goal is to make enigma automounting physical devices, I think ims is using it to mount nfs shares.

Re: Autofs does not start after reboot box #35 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,624 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:24

I am using it for all cifs mounts in E2 ( Synology NAS, other boxes ..., pc).

1) it is not problem, when some shared device is not ready and E2 restarts etc ...

2) NAS disks with used autofs are not waking up each several minuts

Re: Autofs does not start after reboot box #36 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 25 April 2014 - 19:08

I would want to use autofs for everything... but given the crappy daemon, that's not doable.

In addition to what ims mentioned, it is also nice to unmount disks that aren't being actively used. For example, it allows to have a clean filesystem on USB devices and even the internal harddisk. Reduces the need for the log to recover the filesystem at the next boot. Even internal flash can remain unmounted when not in use.

Re: Autofs does not start after reboot box #37 gregoire

• 81 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 April 2014 - 19:58

For me a restart isn't enough, what I have to do is :

/etc/init.d/autofs stop
mkdir /media/net
/etc/init.d/autofs start

One day I should try to start the mkdir before autofs...

Re: Autofs does not start after reboot box #38 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,624 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 25 April 2014 - 21:17

why mkdir /media/net ?

I am using there in auto.master line:

/mnt/synology /etc/auto.ds --ghost

and there in auto.ds:

video -fstype=cifs,username=dream,password=dreambox,noatime,noserverino,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlmv2 ://192.168.1.99/video

audio -fstype=cifs,username=dream,password=dreambox,noatime,noserverino,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlmv2 ://192.168.1.99/music

then synology is as:

/media/synology/video

/media/synology/audio

Re: Autofs does not start after reboot box #39 gregoire

• 81 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 April 2014 - 14:20

Well I have :

cat /etc/auto.master

/media/net /etc/auto.net --ghost

and

cat /etc/auto.net

# automounter configuration

# automatically generated by enigma 2

# do NOT change manually!

media 192.168.2.2:/media

tmp 192.168.2.2:/tmp

It seems /media/net isn't automaticaly created like it was some (???) time ago.

Re: Autofs does not start after reboot box #40 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2014 - 14:27

Bug in autofs, it refuses to create /media/net for some reason. It will happily create many other directories though, so if you find out WHY it does not do as it's supposed to, it'd be good to file a bug report for the autofs folks.

Edited by MiLo, 27 April 2014 - 14:27.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users