Plugin XBMCAddons.v6 - for running xbmc addons with enigma2

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Re: Plugin XBMCAddons.v6 - for running xbmc addons with enigma2 #61 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 27 June 2014 - 13:41

i would first  thank pcd for this great plugin and the first good one dealing with huge numbers of xbmc addons,and TSmedia xbmc part is based on this plugin code although i used different approach to the same idea,i TSmedia conversion of xbmc addons to enigma2 needs more work and time than than the one used with xbmcAddons to be more suitable with enigma2 enviroment
so TSmedia is not in competition with xbmcAddons but we consider xbmcAddons is mother of TSmedia xbmc part
now as  translate my appreciation to this work i will add  many my addons not available to be added to the xbmcAddons collection
but i like to add some suggestion:
when download module.script  every time finishing the installation of script the screen exits so you have to return again and search for the second script module 
and solution simple is just to remove self.close() in line 2716

self.session.open(Console,_(title),[cmd])
                self.close()
also many addons when click on them nothing happaned,no message and anything and we should do log file to see what is the error,this is normal behavior because we use

system(python   self.rg) staterment
i suggest to use other method which enable for us error handing
def import_(filename): #filename is path for addons default file
    import imp, os.path
    (path, name) = os.path.split(filename)
    (name, ext) = os.path.splitext(name)
    print "55",path
    sys.path.append(path)
    (file, filename, data) = imp.find_module(name, [path])
    return imp.load_module(name, file, filename, data)

function to detect error and report it the log file in tmp,the initiation of function put in except statement

def trace_error():
                  import sys,traceback
                  traceback.print_exc(file = sys.stdout)
                  traceback.print_exc(file=open("/tmp/XBMCaddons_log","w"))

#######routine for running default file
                try:
                    print "434",ARG
                    try:import_(default_file)

except:system( "python " + ARG)
                except:
                         if os.path.exists("/tmp/XBMCaddons_log"):
                            os.remove("/tmp/XBMCaddons_log")
                         try:self.session.open(MessageBox, _("Error,press info for details"), timeout = 10, type = 1)   
                         except:pass 
                         trace_error()

i attached modified plugin.py  with the solution but still far from perfect and just for testing but may PCD imporve it,the solution when there is error popup message tells us what happaned and the error info written to tmp/xbmc-addons.log without restarting and debugging enigma2

another problem i faced that most of addons are large size and itis real problem for who having old dreamboxes(dm800,dm800se,dm500hd) which have limited flash capacity so no choice to use the plugin apart from using flashexpander with its problems or slow multiboot agents
my suggestion to solve this problem to install the xbmcADDONs then before adding any addons move to flash usb or harddisc by the tool pluginskinmovers then after that add all the addons and all the scripts without compromising the  free space

mfaraj57-TSmedia

Attached Files

Edited by mfaraj57, 27 June 2014 - 13:44.

Re: Plugin XBMCAddons.v6 - for running xbmc addons with enigma2 #62 pcd

• 759 posts

+88
Good

Posted 27 June 2014 - 21:40

We should discuss this in one place. Perhaps in a private (pm) thread in xtrend-alliance ?

Re: Plugin XBMCAddons.v6 - for running xbmc addons with enigma2 #63 maigais

• 431 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:57

mfaraj57

XBMCaddons_log

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/XBMCAddons/plugin.py", line 1554, in stream
import_(default_file)
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/XBMCAddons/plugin.py", line 57, in import_
(file, filename, data) = imp.find_module(name, [path])
ImportError: No module named

BlackHole-3.1.0F_DM800 ,Tuner + ALINK DTU & Digital USB DVB-T HDTV TV Tuner Recorder Receiver , HDD TOSHIBA MK2552GSX 250gb,usb 16gb,skins Glamour_X-Infinity mod

Re: Plugin XBMCAddons.v6 - for running xbmc addons with enigma2 #64 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:12

The plugin.py attached by mistake here and not for use and do not replace of original py file,please do not use it because a lot of bugs

Re: Plugin XBMCAddons.v6 - for running xbmc addons with enigma2 #65 hero2012

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 July 2014 - 19:03

Guys, I need help, I installed the plugin on VU+ solo on enigma2 black hole 1.79

Everything went well no channels are opening, just spinning wheel no errors

any Ideask, I have crush logs to share how?

Re: Plugin XBMCAddons.v6 - for running xbmc addons with enigma2 #66 hero2012

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 July 2014 - 19:06

ok found, how to share

Attached Files

Re: Plugin XBMCAddons.v6 - for running xbmc addons with enigma2 #67 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:12

try to download last software update(7-72014) and restart e2 and see if the crash persists or not

Re: Plugin XBMCAddons.v6 - for running xbmc addons with enigma2 #68 hero2012

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:31

I tried nothing helped, I got only one channel to work all the others had the same effect, spinning wheel nothing starting?

did you make any sense from the logs?

Re: Plugin XBMCAddons.v6 - for running xbmc addons with enigma2 #69 satlover276

• 25 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:37

PLEASE HELP! I would appreciate some help with an issue i'm having please. I am using xbmc on my enigma2 receiver using the latest open pli 4.0 and i am completely baffled by the request of a 3 digit 'pin code' to access the 'adult/18' addons within xbmc. Nobody seems to know what this pic code is and it only allows you x3 attempts before locking you out for 15 mins. 

This is very frustrating and any help would be most helpful....thank you.

Re: Plugin XBMCAddons.v6 - for running xbmc addons with enigma2 #70 pablonero

• 20 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 August 2014 - 13:27

PLEASE HELP! I would appreciate some help with an issue i'm having please. I am using xbmc on my enigma2 receiver using the latest open pli 4.0 and i am completely baffled by the request of a 3 digit 'pin code' to access the 'adult/18' addons within xbmc. Nobody seems to know what this pic code is and it only allows you x3 attempts before locking you out for 15 mins. 

This is very frustrating and any help would be most helpful....thank you.

Happens to me with mediaportal; ask me 4 digits, which are 0 0 0 0 and then gives me access.

Re: Plugin XBMCAddons.v6 - for running xbmc addons with enigma2 #71 satlover276

• 25 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 August 2014 - 21:23

nobody knows? what a joke!!

Re: Plugin XBMCAddons.v6 - for running xbmc addons with enigma2 #72 mman

• 218 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 August 2014 - 21:34

I' ve installed XBMC v6 from the feed on my DM8000 but I can't put add ons withblue button it appears something like this: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx first row and the same in the second row, I can't download any stream?!?

Re: Plugin XBMCAddons.v6 - for running xbmc addons with enigma2 #73 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,471 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 1 August 2014 - 21:46

nobody knows? what a joke!!

Its holiday , give people a break

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: Plugin XBMCAddons.v6 - for running xbmc addons with enigma2 #74 satlover276

• 25 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 August 2014 - 01:14

i've been asking this question for 4 weeks and 2 days and nobody on any forums including this openpli forum has a clue. What is the point in having a 3 digit pin code when nobody actually knows what it is and the addons section cannot be accessed?

if i sound frustrated i apologise but when the xbmc and openpli forums do not have a clue then who will? That's what i meant when i said 'what a joke'! Now hopefully you can understand how frustrating it is to add something but cannot access a section of it when it was clearly built for access via a pin (which nobody knows!).. 

Re: Plugin XBMCAddons.v6 - for running xbmc addons with enigma2 #75 nietgiftig

• 787 posts

+39
Good

Posted 2 August 2014 - 06:02

Now hopefully you can understand how frustrating it is to add something but cannot access a section of it when it was clearly built for access via a pin (which nobody knows!).. 

Yes I do!!!

How much did you pay for it?

It seems you've been ripped off.

Oh, it was a free meal, thank God

Hardware: Master VU Uno 4K SE  1x Mut@nt HD51.4K & 2x ZgemmaH9T
Software : Pli (v7) (7.1rc) 2019 

Re: Plugin XBMCAddons.v6 - for running xbmc addons with enigma2 #76 satlover276

• 25 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 August 2014 - 12:06

Now hopefully you can understand how frustrating it is to add something but cannot access a section of it when it was clearly built for access via a pin (which nobody knows!).. 

Yes I do!!!

How much did you pay for it?

It seems you've been ripped off.

Oh, it was a free meal, thank God

yes..what a very 'helpful' comment. from nietfrigid!

Re: Plugin XBMCAddons.v6 - for running xbmc addons with enigma2 #77 pcd

• 759 posts

+88
Good

Posted 2 August 2014 - 22:33

Hi Satlover,

I replied to your pm here - and also to your question in xtrend-alliance forum ! What is wrong with you ?

Re: Plugin XBMCAddons.v6 - for running xbmc addons with enigma2 #78 pcd

• 759 posts

+88
Good

Posted 2 August 2014 - 23:06

Plugin XBMXAddons by default does not require any pin input. If you get your plugin from unofficial sources - how can anybody know what the problem is ?

Re: Plugin XBMCAddons.v6 - for running xbmc addons with enigma2 #79 satlover276

• 25 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 August 2014 - 00:14

hi pcd, thanks for your post. the answer you kindly gave me did not solve the problem as there is no such 'expert' option in set up. for the record and this is just exasperating my frustration, i have not got my plugin from an unofficial source but added from the openpli 4.0 image plugins menu. is this not an openpli forum? now do you understand how frustrating it is to ask this question on the very image i'm using and to 'experts' and to not have the slightest idea. i think this has not been built into the image as a plugin correctly then because believe me when you try to select the 'adult' addon on the 2nd option after 'english' you are asked for the 'pin code'!!!! if there was an option to email a pic i would..there is nothing wrong with me pcd but either i'm asking a question that can never be resolved or i've got the only version of xbmc that restricts the 'adult' addon unless you know the pin.

Edited by satlover276, 3 August 2014 - 00:17.

Re: Plugin XBMCAddons.v6 - for running xbmc addons with enigma2 #80 pcd

• 759 posts

+88
Good

Posted 3 August 2014 - 13:11

Hi satlover276,

The plugin does not set any pin - or by default require parental pin. Somehow your image has installed this requirement - for everything - not just this plugin. Please look in /etc/enigma2/settings for this item :-

config.ParentalControl.configured.value

Cheers, pcd.

Edited by pcd, 3 August 2014 - 13:12.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users