Feature Request

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Re: Feature Request #41 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 23 July 2014 - 18:20

You only have to ask if you want some information.

Good to hear that, but that doesn't make up for VTi being closed source, which is against the VU+ license and hence illegal.

Re: Feature Request #42 plnick

• 58 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 23 July 2014 - 18:57

The python function is called from listboxservice.cpp (I wrote servicelist.cpp in my previous post, that was a fault) as  ePyObject that's all

Re: Feature Request #43 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 23 July 2014 - 18:59

Then come with the servicelist.cpp source ;) I would like to know how how you did call ePyObject....

But in between I committed a different solution without swapping to a helper in python...

Edited by littlesat, 23 July 2014 - 19:01.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Feature Request #44 plnick

• 58 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 23 July 2014 - 19:02

int is_recording = 0;
		if ((show_rec_service || show_rec_icon) && isPlayable)
		{
			ePyObject pArgs = PyTuple_New(1);
			PyTuple_SET_ITEM(pArgs, 0, PyString_FromString(ref.toString().c_str()));
			ePyObject pRet = PyObject_CallObject(m_recservice_fnc, pArgs);
			Py_DECREF(pArgs);
			if (pRet)
			{
				is_recording = PyInt_AsLong(pRet);
				Py_DECREF(pRet);
			}
			if (is_recording && show_rec_service)
			{
				if (m_color_set[serviceRecordingColor])
					painter.setForegroundColor(m_color[serviceRecordingColor]);
				else
					painter.setForegroundColor(gRGB(0xB40431));
			}
		}

void eListboxServiceContent::setRECServiceFunction(ePyObject func)
{
	if (m_recservice_fnc)
		Py_DECREF(m_recservice_fnc);
	m_recservice_fnc = func;
	if (m_recservice_fnc)
		Py_INCREF(m_recservice_fnc);
}

As I wrote before, you will not use it due to your coding standards ...

Edited by plnick, 23 July 2014 - 19:05.

Re: Feature Request #45 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 23 July 2014 - 19:56

Dont try to mount shares that are not online so the box doesnt freeze 

i would love that feature.

We have had this discussion so many times before. Even if the mounting returns immediately, it would buy you nothing, because every access after that would still take ages. The mounting is not the problem. The problem is mounting and then "removing" the server in one way or another.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Feature Request #46 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,969 posts

+335
Excellent

Posted 23 July 2014 - 20:07

littlesat

Thanks!

http://sourceforge.n...9c715ba080be70/

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Feature Request #47 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 23 July 2014 - 20:16

So you did the same as I did for the picon renderer... ;)

For the picon renderer I made this swap due to I prefer to use just one and the same python renderer....

In between alternatives should be also fixed... and (not tested yet) the you can check if a specific service is recorded now also from python...

...probalby this function needs to be relocated somewhere else, but for the time being I suggest this is OK for now.

Edited by littlesat, 23 July 2014 - 20:18.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Feature Request #48 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 23 July 2014 - 20:24

We have had this discussion so many times before. Even if the mounting returns immediately, it would buy you nothing, because every access after that would still take ages. The mounting is not the problem. The problem is mounting and then "removing" the server in one way or another.

Not when using 'autofs'.

Re: Feature Request #49 plnick

• 58 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 23 July 2014 - 20:28

I don't know what you did with picon renderer, this is a "standard" call which can be found at different places in e2 ....

So the topic "mark recorded services in servicelist" is solved and closed for me.

But I see no reason to call us lamers if you believe this is correct, then please delete my account here.

Re: Feature Request #50 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 23 July 2014 - 20:33

But I see no reason to call us lamers if you believe this is correct, then please delete my account here.

My dictionary doesn't even know the word. Nor does Google translate :)

But you agree that VTi has illegally made closed source of the open source they use as basis?

Re: Feature Request #51 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 23 July 2014 - 20:50

Not when using 'autofs'.

Autofs relieves the symptoms by umounting after some time whenever a share is not used. As long as any file is open on the share though, which is often the case, it won't umount, so you're still screwed. Also autofs uses some timeout (I don't know what we use). IOW you may get lucky or you still may be screwed. It's not "the" solution.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Feature Request #52 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 23 July 2014 - 20:53

Thanks plnick.... with sharing that small part of your code we could at least use the same font color to mark recordings... ;)

Re: Feature Request #53 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,969 posts

+335
Excellent

Posted 23 July 2014 - 20:54

Please accept apologies from everyone.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Feature Request #54 plnick

• 58 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 23 July 2014 - 21:00

I accept apologies from everyone, but there is no reason to call us lamers (= idiots) without any action from us. Nobody of VTi was involved in this discussion here but we were called lamers  (see post of littlesat).

Please delete my account now !

Thank you !

Re: Feature Request #55 delavega

• 377 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 23 July 2014 - 21:14

Then use 'autofs'.

didnt work

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ DUO 2</strong></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ SOLO</strong></span></span>

Re: Feature Request #56 delavega

• 377 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 23 July 2014 - 21:32

Not when using 'autofs'.

Autofs relieves the symptoms by umounting after some time whenever a share is not used. As long as any file is open on the share though, which is often the case, it won't umount, so you're still screwed. Also autofs uses some timeout (I don't know what we use). IOW you may get lucky or you still may be screwed. It's not "the" solution.

exactely!

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ DUO 2</strong></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ SOLO</strong></span></span>

Re: Feature Request #57 Gi 9995 Owner

• 116 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 23 July 2014 - 22:00

Please accept apologies from everyone.

+1

I sincerely regret that I became the unwitting cause of the quarrel.

VU+ Ultimo   Eutelsat W4 at 36.0°E

Re: Feature Request #58 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,469 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 23 July 2014 - 22:36

I accept apologies from everyone, but there is no reason to call us lamers (= idiots) without any action from us. Nobody of VTi was involved in this discussion here but we were called lamers  (see post of littlesat).

Please delete my account now !

Thank you !

please accept our OpenPLi apologies to you

Littlesat did speak for him self, not on behalve of the OpenPLi team

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: Feature Request #59 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 23 July 2014 - 23:36

Lamer is a jargon or slang name originally applied in cracker and phreaker culture to someone who did not really understand what he or she was doing. Today it is also loosely applied by IRCBBS, and online gaming users to anyone perceived to be contemptible. In general, the term has come to describe someone who is willfully ignorant of how things work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamer

Maybe not lamers, since they do understand how enigma2 works. But indeed lamers since they don't understand how GPL works. And VU's enigma2 is a fork of DMM's enigma2, so licensed under GPL. Release your sources if you don't want to be called lamers.

Re: Feature Request #60 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:55

But indeed lamers since they don't understand how GPL works. And VU's enigma2 is a fork of DMM's enigma2, so licensed under GPL. Release your sources if you don't want to be called lamers.

That is indeed what I was referring to. A clone of a very old DM-repos, when all E2 was still open source (GPL).

And VU even has that license on their website; to be obeyed by everyone using thier OI.

BTW: The same applies to BH. Very strange to see that although both VTi & BH have an easy job as they use 100% OI, while all PLi-based images have to work hard to get literally all VU-images to work....

Edited by SatKiekerd, 24 July 2014 - 03:56.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users