9 replies to this topic

#1 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2014 - 21:24

Hi,

When reorganising favorites after a TP change on satellites, I perform a TP search then add the differents changed channel in the right favorite.

Then go into it and move the new channels to the right locations in my favorite but I need to delete the old references too.

So I always need to enable the move entry mode, move channel, disable this mode to be able to delete the old entry.

I know that I can scan with delete option but then I have n/a in the favorite instead of the name of the changed channel, so it is more difficult to put back the changed channel at its previous location in the favorites.

So my question/suggestion is:

- is it possible to have the delete entry option in the move entry menu in order to avoid to exit it to be able to delete entries?

Thanks,

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Enhancement: have the deletry entry available in the move entry menu #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2014 - 23:10

You can also toggle movemode with 6 in the channel list... So 4 is rename and 5 is delete.... You do not need the context menu at all...

Edited by littlesat, 16 July 2014 - 23:10.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Enhancement: have the deletry entry available in the move entry menu #3 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:50

Hi,

Thanks for the tip but where are described the full list of these shortcuts?

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Enhancement: have the deletry entry available in the move entry menu #4 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 17 July 2014 - 13:46

in ChannelSelection.py screen:
	def BouquetNumberActions(self, number):
if number == 1: #Set focus on current playing service when available in current userbouquet
currentSelectedService = self.servicelist.getCurrent()
currentPlayingService = self.session.nav.getCurrentlyPlayingServiceOrGroup()
self.servicelist.setCurrent(currentPlayingService)
if self.servicelist.getCurrent() != currentPlayingService:
self.servicelist.setCurrent(currentSelectedService)
elif number == 2: #set focus on service available from history in current userbouquet
currentSelectedService = self.servicelist.getCurrent()
root = self.getRoot()
service = None
for path in self.history:
if len(path) > 2 and path[1] == root:
service = path[2]
if service:
self.setCurrentSelection(service)
if self.servicelist.getCurrent() != service:
self.servicelist.setCurrent(currentSelectedService)
elif number == 4:
self.renameEntry()
elif number == 5:
self.session.openWithCallback(self.removeCurrentServiceCallback, MessageBox, _("Are you sure to remove this entry?"))
elif number == 6:
self.toggleMoveMode()
if self.movemode and not self.entry_marked:
self.toggleMoveMarked() 
so:
1: set focus on current playing service when available in current userbouquet
2: set focus on service available from history in current userbouquet
4: rename entry
5: remove entry
6: toggle move mode
True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: Enhancement: have the deletry entry available in the move entry menu #5 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 17 July 2014 - 14:55

Hi,

Thanks but would be nice if this can be mentionned somewhere on screen.  ;)

Can we imagine to have in the menu something like:

Rename Entry (in list key 4)

Remove entry (in list key 5)

Toggle move mode (in list key 6)

And have them also active while in the menu? I just test it doesn't work there (that's why I add in list in the previous exemple).

Or adapt the service selection screen bottom, to display them in the same way as you did for the color buttons.

It is nice to have such features but we should find a way to inform end-users of them... today it is some kind of mystic keys only for well-informed peoples.  :D

Pr2

Re: Enhancement: have the deletry entry available in the move entry menu #6 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 17 July 2014 - 15:13

Nice idea.... Or just behind brackets (4) in the context menue....

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Enhancement: have the deletry entry available in the move entry menu #7 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 19 July 2014 - 14:35

Can't we imagine to have then displayed like the blue button for PiP?

A graphic representing the RCU key 4,5,6,... so this will also avoid that we need to change all the translation files just because we add number between brackets.

Re: Enhancement: have the deletry entry available in the move entry menu #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 19 July 2014 - 14:41

Upgrade your box today. This is done in between yesterday...

Re: Enhancement: have the deletry entry available in the move entry menu #9 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 19 July 2014 - 15:31

LOL we had the same idea  :lol:

Re: Enhancement: have the deletry entry available in the move entry menu #10 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 19 July 2014 - 15:55

Now even those keys in the context menu do work... ;) And with menu you directly go to configuration....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users