Problem with mkv playback

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Andi316

• 19 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:13

Hi,

I have a lot of mkv's. Some play without problem. Most of it stops sometime during playpack. Some stop once, some stop every 20 minutes or so. My solo2 is not crashing, I can rewind a couple of seconds and the playback moves on normally.

I thought that's a problem with OpenPLI so I tested VTI Image. I was very surprised that the playback of the same movie stopped with VTI at exactly the same position!

Now I think its a problem with Gstreamer. I have read a lot and most problems like this resulting in a fault of the Gstreamer plugin.

On a PC all the mkv files run flawlessly.

I am the only one with this problems???

Re: Problem with mkv playback #2 kalehrl

• 468 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:19

If mkvs have more subtitles embedded, the problem occurs.

I read somewhere that it is a gstreamer bug which has a memory leak.

Use mkvmerge gui to remove all subtitles in the mkv file and only use one external suubtitle.

Re: Problem with mkv playback #3 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:21

Or multiple audio tracks.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Problem with mkv playback #4 Andi316

• 19 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:29

There is an official statement in the DMM Forum from the Developer "Fraxinas" from May 02, that Gstreamer 1.0 is already internal implemented an will be released asap.

Link:

http://www.dream-mul...amer#post134345

Is this planned for OpenPLI too? Any time schedule available?

Re: Problem with mkv playback #5 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:41

Two problems:

1) (correct) integration of gstreamer 1.0 is a huge task

2) it won't solve most of the problems (see the bug tracker)

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Problem with mkv playback #6 Andi316

• 19 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:50

Development of Gstreamer 0.10 stopped a long time ago, so there is no chance to solve the existing problems. Gstreamer 1.0 gets bugfixes and development, so there is at least a chance ;)

It's a pitty that the playback of such a lot movies stops. Remuxing each movie takes months and makes no sense. In most moves are forced subs available. Or can you speak Klingon in the Star Trek movies for example ;)

Re: Problem with mkv playback #7 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,794 posts

+187
Excellent

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:01

Development of Gstreamer 0.10 stopped a long time ago, so there is no chance to solve the existing problems. Gstreamer 1.0 gets bugfixes and development, so there is at least a chance ;)

It's a pitty that the playback of such a lot movies stops. Remuxing each movie takes months and makes no sense. In most moves are forced subs available. Or can you speak Klingon in the Star Trek movies for example ;)

I wouldn't get your hopes up to high http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/bugs/ and click All unresolved bugs and patient ;)

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: Problem with mkv playback #8 nietgiftig

• 787 posts

+39
Good

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:30

All unresolved bugs and patient ;)

Wow   :D

This list is too long for Bugzilla's little mind; the Next/Prev/First/Last buttons won't appear on individual bugs.

Hardware: Master VU Uno 4K SE  1x Mut@nt HD51.4K & 2x ZgemmaH9T
Software : Pli (v7) (7.1rc) 2019 

Re: Problem with mkv playback #9 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 25 July 2014 - 13:21

Remuxing with mkvmerge takes about 5 seconds on a 40 minute SD episode of Stargate (which I happen to do lo a lot, I add subtitles), on my ULV-1.2 GHz laptop.

Re: Problem with mkv playback #10 Andi316

• 19 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 July 2014 - 13:56

Stargate has 214 episodes. And that's only one series. It's too long for me, but nice for you when you have such a lot of time ;)

Edited by Andi316, 25 July 2014 - 13:56.

Re: Problem with mkv playback #11 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,273 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 25 July 2014 - 17:21

Remuxing goes faster then you watch it...
We also started to implement gstreamer 1.0 http://sourceforge.n...i/gst-1.0/tree/
And you also can find topics here about visitors who tried to help us...
But somehow this "project" wasn't fully completed....

The bug discussed in the refered thread on dmm's forum is something we already fixed a long time ago... And if dmm's introduces gstreamer >1.0 i can guarantee it will be closed source regards the binary stuff in enigma2... So that will not help us at all...

Edited by littlesat, 25 July 2014 - 17:26.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Problem with mkv playback #12 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 25 July 2014 - 20:32

We also started to implement gstreamer 1.0 http://sourceforge.n...i/gst-1.0/tree/
And you also can find topics here about visitors who tried to help us...
But somehow this "project" wasn't fully completed....

Yes that is true, but implementing GStreamer 1.0 is not a "toy" project it requires good knowledge of GStreamer and lot of debuging/testing/bugfixing...

The bug discussed in the refered thread on dmm's forum is something we already fixed a long time ago... And if dmm's introduces gstreamer >1.0 i can guarantee it will be closed source regards the binary stuff in enigma2... So that will not help us at all...

At least DMM is paying some developers to do the hard work (Look for Fraxinas tickets in GStreamer and Blu-ray authoring presentation) and except the closed source stuff there are other elements, still under GPL.

What all the other companies producing Enigma2 receivers are doing? Did they release anythin? Or they just wait for OpenPLi (and his community)to do the hard job? ;)
Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: Problem with mkv playback #13 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:58

Stargate has 214 episodes. And that's only one series. It's too long for me, but nice for you when you have such a lot of time ;)

Five seconds overhead for 45 minutes of content. That is 0.2%. So, you got the episodes for free to start with and you're not even willing to spend 0.2% of the content's duration, wow, I'd almost qualify that as "lame". The muxing is the least effort for me, I first have to get the subtitles' timing right, wich can take far longer than that.

Re: Problem with mkv playback #14 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:00

What all the other companies producing Enigma2 receivers are doing? Did they release anythin? Or they just wait for OpenPLi (and his community)to do the hard job? ;)

I think you have a very valid point here. I guess we should all complain to our stb's manufacturers.

Re: Problem with mkv playback #15 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:12

That is a surprising statement indeed.

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: Problem with mkv playback #16 kalehrl

• 468 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:34

I tested one two-hour film with 2 audio tracks and didn't have the problem.

Re: Problem with mkv playback #17 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,624 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:11

I tested one two-hour film with 2 audio tracks and didn't have the problem.

in most cases it is about more subtitle tracks. More audio tracks is ok...

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Problem with mkv playback #18 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:36

I say it cán be a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users