parental control

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Michael99k

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 August 2014 - 15:10

Hi,

i´m new to this forum. I have searched for a solution here now (and googled before) but haven´t found any solution yet.

My problem: I Had Openpli for years but since flashing a new build a few days (OpenPLi-4.0-beta-et9x00-20140820_usb) ago the parental control does nothing (pin is set and known, control is active as ever but it does not ask for it any more, neither after deepstandby nor normal standby). Then I tried kiddyblock0.4 (from feed), which asked me for the pin when I tried to configure it but refuses my pin, refuses the actual date, 1234 and other easy pins so I can not use it when it starts with a secret key. Interesting though, when I had to wait after failing to enter the configuration of kiddyblock I had to wait with entering the usual parental control too, so they seem linked in a certain way. I dont need kiddyblock, normal parental control would be fine enough, when it would work again. 

My hard- and software: ET9000, Openpli, kiddyblock (installed AFTER encountering problems with parental control)

My knowledge/connections to box: windows (webif, explorer), no telnet or linux consoles 

/etc/enigma2/settings:

config.ParentalControl.retries.setuppin.tries=0
config.ParentalControl.retries.setuppin.time=1409177725
config.ParentalControl.configured=true
config.ParentalControl.setuppinactive=true
config.ParentalControl.setuppin=8512

I hope anyone can advise me what to try next!

Thanx in advance,

Michael99k

Re: active parental control does nothing since openpli4.0 #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 28 August 2014 - 15:41

Here parental lock is working.... i suggest upgrade and/or refresh first!

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: active parental control does nothing since openpli4.0 #3 Michael99k

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 August 2014 - 21:06

Thank you for your advice!

Updating didn´t change anything, but then I turned the "protect channels" on, which was not turned on, and set "positive list". Since that moment I am asked again for my pin when trying watching TV channels or the media player. :)

Maybe this setting was lost when I flashed the new Image a week ago... 

Interesting, that watching sth. with media player is protected only when the channels are protected. So I asume 

config.ParentalControl.configured=true
config.ParentalControl.setuppinactive=true
config.ParentalControl.setuppin=...

are - as long as they are the only settings - just preventing kids from setting up the control for the adult  :rolleyes:

BTW, I removed the kiddyblock plugin because of its unknown original pin which prevents any configuration...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parental control

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users