• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Re: Can't watch and record from different transponders #21 Baltus72

• 19 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 September 2014 - 21:01

Baltus72

Maybe the problem drivers.
Install VTI with the latest drivers and check.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. :-)
I flashed the box with VTI v7 and updated the image with the latest patches.

There was no "Preferred tuner for recording" so I'll have to assume that it's the same behaviour as in old OpenPLi 2.4 images.

However, I got the same issue with tuner selection in VTI, which indicates that the "Preferred Tuner" Auto function is broken for my setup.
That would be extremely strange as my setup is as simple as it gets for multiple tuners, and it's been non working at least since late march.

I've double and triple checked with clean flashes, and there's only one conclusion: OpenPLi 2.4 works ok but everything else fails miserably.
Basically, it seems there must've been a change in the Auto feature implementation at some point in the core image that affects all releases

that are built upon that code.

The question now is: can it be fixed and where to report the issue? Or is it possible to rip out the Auto function code from version 2.4 and
replace the current code? I have no idea if the code is isolated enough to "transfer" to newer builds, but I'd sure love to try if it's possible.

Re: Can't watch and record from different transponders #22 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:19

"Preferred tuner for recording" is unique for PLi(based) images.

Re: Can't watch and record from different transponders #23 Baltus72

• 19 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 September 2014 - 21:12

I finally manged to pinpoint the issue here...

It turned out Dima73 was right about the drivers, although it was probably not the way he suspected. :-)

Basically, the drivers have been broken for Ultimo and multiple DVB-C tuners for more than 2 years.

OpenPLi 4 works, but *only* when I replace the drivers with an old version from the archives. The last
working driver is "vuplus-dvb-modules-vuultimo-3.1.1-4.4.3-20120628.tar.gz". This one is more than

two years old, and it's been broken since "vuplus-dvb-modules-vuultimo-3.1.1-4.4.3-20120820.tar.gz".

Can someone with connection to the VU+ developers please report this so that it can be fixed?

Re: Can't watch and record from different transponders #24 theparasol

• 4,157 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 16 September 2014 - 21:52

Can someone with connection to the VU+ developers please report this so that it can be fixed?

VU+ is a bad manufacturer for opensource: they seem pretty ignorant for any external input at all.

For that reason I will never buy nor advise others any of their boxes.

Since this bug is present for 2 years I dont believe you are the first to discover and report it.

Most likely scenario is it wont get fixed ever, VU+ present models are not affected so there is no problem for the manufactures in terms of sales drop.

However I certainly hope the bug you discovered and reported here will be fixed but I'm very sceptic about the chances that will hapen.

BTW: In comparison I'm quite happy with my xp1000 manufacturer, the 2 times I reported a glitch in the XP1000 drivers both time they fixed it within days.

@Camping: ZGemma H.2S, Technisat Multytenne 4-in-1 @Home: Edision Mini 4K, Wave Frontier T55, EMP Centauri EMP DiSEqC 8/1 switch, 4x Inverto Ultra Black single LNB

Re: Can't watch and record from different transponders #25 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:07

Hi,

I would say try the original image. You must use an image before 17th of july because after that date they switched to new kernel.

If there is a problem I would have read in the last 2 years. I am also pretty sure that I tested a multi tuner cable setup in the last year at my brother home.

ciao

Edited by Trial, 17 September 2014 - 06:08.

Re: Can't watch and record from different transponders #26 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,272 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:13

In the original vu image they can work-a-round differences in their drivers...
We can't as we also support other boxes and we want to prevent code like if vu then fix...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Can't watch and record from different transponders #27 Baltus72

• 19 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 September 2014 - 20:50

@Trial,
Thanks for the tip about trying the original image. I tested the latest image before the kernel switch (vuplus-image-vuultimo-20140714162755_usb.zip),

but I get the exact same problem. Once I set one channel to record I can not switch to another transponder, and that basically makes the box useless...
And yes, I'd certainly also expect this to be a known issue, but I can't see where there's any room for mistakes on my side when simply testing channels

that don't require any softcam. The only thing I'm not quite sure about is the image versions, 1.6 and 2.1. I picked 2.1 as I assume it's the most relevant.

On a more positive note, I've at least gotten OpenPLi 4 and the old drivers to work quite well besides one issue. I can use all channels and all tuners but

there is one problematic transponder that can cause problems, depending on the sequence. Let's say I use transponder A, B and C, where C is the one

that causes problems. I can watch and record freely on all tuners except: If I record from transponder A + B, I get "Tune Failed" on zap to transponder C. 
Likewise, transponder C will fail on recording if I already record one channel and watch a third channel from transponder A and B. In other words, I must
make sure that transponder C is never the last in line when I have 3 transponers active simultaneously. This can be partially worked around by using the
"Zap and record" option for timer recordings. I have no idea if that is a driver issue as well, but I'm open for any potential suggestions.. :-)

Re: Can't watch and record from different transponders #28 sebastien_be

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:28

Hi,

is this issue still up to date for anyone? Because for me it has never worked with OpenPli. Here is the Issue:

- Solo2 with 2 Sat Câbles (Dish of 80cm with Monobloc Hotbird 13° & Astra 19,2°)

- M7 Group CI Module with legit Telesat (belgian provider) smartcard - No cardsharing !

- CI Settings correctly configurated: Support multi channel YES

I can watch and record one channel correctly on Hotbird for instance. But if i go to another channel (from another transport stream) then i have a black screen.

Any idea what this can be due to? It works fine on VTI for instance, but not on OpenPli. On Blackhole it depends from versions.

Kind regards,

Sebastien.

Re: Can't watch and record from different transponders #29 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:02

Wit the CI off M7 Group You can only decode 1 tuner at the same time. tuners.

Re: Can't watch and record from different transponders #30 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:18

If you use your card directly you won't have this limitation.

Re: Can't watch and record from different transponders #31 goldeneye

• 1,030 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:24

TeleSAT is using nano 01 (CWOE) on it's channels so a white CI is mandatory in his case... For non CWOE channels your suggestion is fine...

Re: Can't watch and record from different transponders #32 sebastien_be

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:09

I'm sorry but this is not correct. You maybe confusing with Canalsat France that has indeed Nano 01. Telesat Belgium is applied only on 2 channels.

The CI module can decode more than one channel, and the card also. The problem comes from OpenPLI.

CI Module for instance on my smartTV works fine to record one channel and watch another one (from different transport stream)

Works also fine with certified receiver and the card

Also works with Vu+ Solo and VTI image for instance.

Thanks for the support.

Re: Can't watch and record from different transponders #33 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,019 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:10

test...

FTA service Hotbird 13° and same time PiP FTA service Astra 19.2° works?

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Can't watch and record from different transponders #34 sebastien_be

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 December 2015 - 12:11

FTA services works but not crypted channels. OpenPli is indeed able to process 2 FTA channels from two different tuners. But when we ask it to process to crypted channels it doesn't work.

Re: Can't watch and record from different transponders #35 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 25 December 2015 - 12:14

How do you "process" encrypted channels? Using mgcamd by any chance?

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: Can't watch and record from different transponders #36 sebastien_be

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 December 2015 - 18:21

Using the official CI Module. So i'm not using any of the software emulators.

The same smartcard can decrypt 2 different channels in an official sat receiver so i'm pretty sure also the card is not restricted.

Re: Can't watch and record from different transponders #37 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 25 December 2015 - 19:05

With a CI module you can only open one channel at a time. Put the card directly in a card slot and use a softcam.

Re: Can't watch and record from different transponders #38 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 25 December 2015 - 22:28

A bit unfair to blame OpenPLi for that ;)

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Can't watch and record from different transponders #39 sebastien_be

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 December 2015 - 08:28

Hi,

It is not correct saying a CI module can open only one at the time. If i use old version of OpenPli or Blackhole it works fine !

It's a but unfair not recognizing there is a development issue with OpenPli!

Re: Can't watch and record from different transponders #40 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,272 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 26 December 2015 - 08:38

With a ci you only can encrypt one transponder at once... That is a big disadvantage from ci....an older openpli or blackhole will not changed thar fact...

Edited by littlesat, 26 December 2015 - 08:39.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users