• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 AlexSel

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:07

Good day!!!

There is a VU+ Duo2

(Firmware does not matter in this case. I tried different, and stock and OpenPLI 4, and with a variety of additional players and without them...). Stopped on OpenPli 4.

The problem with built-in and installed separately as a plug-in media player, and more precisely to his work with 3D movies.

The problem is the following:
When opening certain 3D movies, in formats : *.mkv , player does not define them as 3D, and then opens them as a simple film, i.e. on the screen two images (horizontally or vertically depending on the recording, i.e. the 2D image for the left eye + 2D image for the right eye ) and this is normal, as it should be, then I'm on TV include 3D mode and the TV converts these two 2D images that were in the simple mode, in one 3D - i.e. everything is OK here and not as it should be.

Issues arise with some movies in the same format *.mkv, player somehow recognizes this container 3D film, TV or monitor (TVs and monitors different) quickly, barely blinking, and the movie is displayed as a simple 2D, i.e. on the TV just one image, instead of a double (2D left eye + 2D for the right eye), i.e. in this case the TV has nothing to convert to 3D mode, because there is no second 2D and it turns out that, instead of 3D, I watch regular 2D, i.e. the receiver converted 3D image in 2D.

When these same files on the same TV, only on the receiver VU+ Ultimo, reproduced correctly and that and the other.

Channel NTV+ 3D displays without problems. There Anamorph SideBySide.

The video which was checked - Anamorphic stereo pair (Anamorph OverUnder)

Little references to the files (the files are about 6 GB, specially not cut and did not recode them all) :

Work: http://obmennik.epnn.ru/Rabotaet.mkv

Not working: http://obmennik.epnn...Ne_Rabotaet.mkv

As I already said, on Ultimo, on the computer... play correctly, as anamorphic stereo...

In the attachment text files by uploading data from MediaInfo.

Decide whether this problem??? (As I understand the problem appeared because of the new processor,which supports hardware decoding times as AVC streams, and 3D support)

Attached Files

Vu+ Ultimo on OpenPli 4; Vu+ Duo2 on OpenPli 4  :)

Re: The problem with 3D on VU+ Duo2! #2 AlexSel

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 September 2014 - 16:11

As far as I understand, these files are different (MediaInfo). In the second, Encoding settings, set frame-packing=4 which tells the receiver that is 3D:

In the console: --frame-packing <integer>
Types of 3D videos:
1 - alternating columns - L(left) and R(right) interlaced by column (Interlaced)
2 - row banding - L and R interlaced by row (Interlaced)
3 - horizontal (alternate) - side - L is on the left, R right (SideBySide)
4 - top bottom - L top R bottom (OverUnder)
5 is an alternation of frames - one frame for one eye
Default value: Disabled

But Ultimo plays even with this option...
Can I DUO2 to make it work as well?

Edited by AlexSel, 12 September 2014 - 16:12.

Re: The problem with 3D on VU+ Duo2! #3 AlexSel

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 September 2014 - 17:21

The EGAMI Team has already solved the problem of drivers with 3D Over/Under in their images for Sezam in the middle of July.

Can we expect a solution to this problem in my beloved OpenPLI 4 for my favorite GI Vu+ DUO2?

Sincerely,
Alexander!

Edited by AlexSel, 13 September 2014 - 17:24.

Re: The problem with 3D on VU+ Duo2! #4 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 13 September 2014 - 19:25

Hi,

I still do not see your problem. Each STB only sees these 3D films as normal films with 1920x1080 and the TV has to do the work.

ciao

Re: The problem with 3D on VU+ Duo2! #5 AlexSel

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:44

Yes, you are right. STB should show the movie 1920x1080, the Top half of the screen for one eye bottom half for the second. Further, the TV converts the image in polarized 3D
Happens with movies in which Encoding settings there is no option --frame-packing=4.
If this parameter is enable, the STB to the TV displays not 1920X1080 of two halves. A clear image is 1920x1080, but one, one of the angles.The second view is just not showing at all. TV is nothing to convert to 3D.

Re: The problem with 3D on VU+ Duo2! #6 AlexSel

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:41

Did anyone does not occur such a problem? It also need to decide on one of the top receivers.

Re: The problem with 3D on VU+ Duo2! #7 AlexSel

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 September 2014 - 15:21

All that goes to the video output of the receiver... with it no matter what... HDMI or component or SCART... is not displayed correctly... one of the angles...

If you look WebIF there screenshots correct.... 2 angle top and bottom.... :-(

Should we expect the solution of problems with drivers when playing 3D?

Re: The problem with 3D on VU+ Duo2! #8 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 29 September 2014 - 14:24

Drivers are copied as-is from the manufacturer, they are closed, we cannot do anything to it.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: The problem with 3D on VU+ Duo2! #9 enf70

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:04

Just wanted to say I have the same issue.

I use a VIX image (latest update) on a Vu+ Duo2 and I can see most of the 3D movies correctly.

On a couple of movies, I can see only 1 side of the movie in 2D - instead of the two side-by-side.

Up until recently, the 1 side was not resized, it was displayed in the middle of the screen with a black region all around.

In the last update, the 1 side is stretched / resized to use the entire screen.

Based on your post here, I've looked for a tool to allow me to edit the MKV file and change the "frame-packing" attribute but I couldn't find one.

Re: The problem with 3D on VU+ Duo2! #10 muggesand

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 November 2014 - 21:49

I do have the same issue. Have some 3d-mkv that only displayed like 2D, they do work perfect if i play them via the "smart-tv".

Re: The problem with 3D on VU+ Duo2! #11 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:57

I didn't know VU+ now supports packed frame 3D in their drivers. That is good. I guess the feature has been introduced in newer VU+ drivers that OpenPLI hasn't implemented yet. @Erik, can we expect a fix on this?

Edited by malakudi, 24 November 2014 - 06:59.

Re: The problem with 3D on VU+ Duo2! #12 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 November 2014 - 15:20

We may be getting new drivers (new kernel) soon. I suggest we wait until then and if it doesn't work by then, that we make a detailed bug report.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users