Photo

vu+ ultimo will not boot

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 alphadec

• 35 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 September 2014 - 17:33

I have just updated my vu+ ultimo with lastest openPLI V4. Did work great for one day.

Today it will not boot, it locks on "astra dishes picture".

This is not the first time that this happens, or why does this happen. ?

(ps dont ask for crash log becouse I cannot access my vu+)

is there way I can fix the boot without reinstalling. ???

Re: vu+ ultimo will not boot #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2014 - 18:28

When this happens, do you have a spinner running? And you can't ping the IP, or telnet to the box?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: vu+ ultimo will not boot #3 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,790 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2014 - 18:55

If the spinner isn't running can press menu?

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: vu+ ultimo will not boot #4 alphadec

• 35 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:10

Nothing works it just goes to the "astra dish picture" and u see the spinner for a few min and the it locks.

I had todo a reinstall lastnight so it works now but for how long....

But is this becouse the openpli starts a update in the background. ?

is there any in the settings  so I can stop ANY update. ?

If you press meny/update it gives you a warning saying your reciver could be unstable and not work....... think this is the problem so is it a way I can stop it from updating. ??

Re: vu+ ultimo will not boot #5 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,790 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:56

Nothing works it just goes to the "astra dish picture" and u see the spinner for a few min and the it locks.

I had todo a reinstall lastnight so it works now but for how long....

But is this becouse the openpli starts a update in the background. ?

is there any in the settings  so I can stop ANY update. ?

If you press meny/update it gives you a warning saying your reciver could be unstable and not work....... think this is the problem so is it a way I can stop it from updating. ??

OpenPLi will not update in the background, it only updates if you do an update manually! The warning, before you update, is there to prevent people from claiming anything ;) . OpenPLi (remember I am not one of the developers) has left the strategy of releasing (only) stable releases, but making (every) nightl(y) builds, which you can choose to install/update.

Edited by 40H3X, 14 September 2014 - 11:57.

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: vu+ ultimo will not boot #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:04

Does the box have a disk mount to an external system, for example another box, a NAS, or your PC?

If that mount is being made (= at bootup) or accessed when in operation, and that external system is unavailable, you can also experience spinners and a box that seems to hang...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: vu+ ultimo will not boot #7 alphadec

• 35 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 September 2014 - 20:13

Does the box have a disk mount to an external system, for example another box, a NAS, or your PC?

If that mount is being made (= at bootup) or accessed when in operation, and that external system is unavailable, you can also experience spinners and a box that seems to hang...

yes my vu+ ultimo is connected in network so I can access it from my pc.

Re: vu+ ultimo will not boot #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2014 - 20:36

I understand that, but do you have a drive in your network mounted on your Ultimo? For example to play mkv files from your PC, or from a NAS or something?

Re: vu+ ultimo will not boot #9 alphadec

• 35 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 September 2014 - 16:46

I understand that, but do you have a drive in your network mounted on your Ultimo? For example to play mkv files from your PC, or from a NAS or something?

Not directly. The ultimo is connected to a network.

I have re installed 3 times after this post. Right now I am re installing OpenPli v3.0 from january to see if that helps.

Re: vu+ ultimo will not boot #10 alphadec

• 35 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:13

Just wanna give a update: Last night I gaveup OpenPLI, sad since I have used it for many years and it is very easy to use but after so much problems I have had with OpenPLi V4.0 I had to move to another image.

Tried first vu+ from http://code.vuplus.com/ and that did work great. But have also tried this.

Open VIX from http://www.openvix.co.uk/

so this is what I have now installed and finaly my vu+ ultimo works fantasticly and everyhting works and no more lockups. Another thing OpenVIX have functions that I have not seen in any other image, I love it.  So there is nothing wrong with my box or my network.

Anyway I will use OpenVIX until openPLi have sorted out your problems.

Re: vu+ ultimo will not boot #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:34

I still think you have a config issue. And every time you install OpenPLi, your old config gets restored from backup, so you will continue to have the issue.

Too bad you don't have the patience to sort it out.

Re: vu+ ultimo will not boot #12 alphadec

• 35 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 September 2014 - 18:13

I still think you have a config issue. And every time you install OpenPLi, your old config gets restored from backup, so you will continue to have the issue.

Too bad you don't have the patience to sort it out.

Well I think I have tried to get help for this problem but no one seams to know what it is. So I need to get this to work so then I need to look elsewhere and finaly I have found images that work.

Hope OpenPLI can find the errors since I did love openPLI so next time I download it I hope it will work.

Re: vu+ ultimo will not boot #13 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 18 September 2014 - 18:35

Then we have to find someone else with this problem, and sofar I haven't seen one.

And until one appears, I would say it's a problem at your end, and no generic problem. Otherwise people would be screaming all over the place.

For us it's very difficult to assert what the actual problem is, if we don't have access to the box, try things, or see what happens. We can only work with your feedback, and try to come up with suggestions.

Re: vu+ ultimo will not boot #14 Eus

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 October 2014 - 20:02

I've godt the same problem with an vu uno. Updated from an older version of openpli to 4.0. Seems fine until reboot, then it is stuck at the authum(or astra) pic. Opening the box from an computer.

Tried openvix and vuplus, and they worked just fine.

I like openpli so much that I don't want to change to another image!

PS. My vu ultimo works fine with openpli 4.0 (reflashed in april).. :)

Re: vu+ ultimo will not boot #15 mobih

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 October 2014 - 13:16

Have same problem with VU+Duo and DM500HD.... Works fine until first reboot... After that is just autumn picture, an don't work... Use latest image, from 10.10.2014 on both...

Re: vu+ ultimo will not boot #16 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 12 October 2014 - 16:28

IIRC it has to do with quitting some of the wizards. I suggest you try it and run through all wizards COMPLETELY without using exit, etc.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: vu+ ultimo will not boot #17 Eus

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 October 2014 - 16:40

I've done all wizards. Same problem(but I can try one more time..)

Re: vu+ ultimo will not boot #18 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 12 October 2014 - 16:43

Also it is important to NEVER pull the plug or switch off the receiver, especially after the initial setup. When you're completely done, try a complete or enigma restart from the menu, this wil make enigma write it's settings to flash.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: vu+ ultimo will not boot #19 mobih

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 October 2014 - 17:41

I done all wizard, same problem (500hd)... did reboot after i run all wizard (not deep standby or power switch off/on)...

Re: vu+ ultimo will not boot #20 alphadec

• 35 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 October 2014 - 20:43

How can I say this..... I am very happy that more people have the same problems that I have with my Vu+ ultimo.

Vu+ ultimo is not a very old reciver so must be possible to make a image that u dont have to update every day and is "light weight".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users