The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #21 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 20 July 2010 - 13:05

I also discover that after the text "Update Open-Pli Enigma2 tuner." All letters are in bold, and not only the say title. (don't know why, in page code their is no bold command given to all text).

I'm also curious what code works on Dreambox only. For example "To reboot and stop the Enigma2 (Dreambox!) tuner to upload & install a image by computer browser." don't work on VU+.

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #22 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 20 July 2010 - 13:17

Bold issue is solved, their was a explanation about update with two stars in line, so wiki makes it all bold after the two starts, i changed:
To filter the list, added the filtered word after the command between two stars ** example: ipkg list_installed *plugin*
in
To filter the list, added the filtered word after the command between two stars example: ipkg list_installed *plugin*

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #23 VU+NL

• 6,424 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:18

Could you have a look here to see if they covered anything you haven't?
VU+ DUO/UNO/Digiality 85cm multifocus-4 X twin-Inverto-LNB's/Triax 88 USALS/Logitech Harmony 300, 555, 600, 900 en 1100

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #24 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:09

I think the section on chmod needs a bit more explanation.

Too often people do chmod 777 on each an every file they install, which
of course is nonsense. Apart from the usual access rights concepts icw
chmod (which you should be able to find all over the place), there are a
few exceptions, some of them applicable to dreamboxes, as it runs
everything as the root user. For instance if ANY of the (owner, group,
others) rights includes "execute", root can execute the file. So for
"normal" files (configs, plugins, etc.) the mode should simply be 600
(-rw-------) or 666 (-rw-rw-rw-) that doesn't matter. As a matter of
fact, it could even be 000 (----------), root still can read and write,
but I wouldn't advise so, it's misleading. For directories and
executables and scripts the mode should be 700 (-rwx------) or 777
(-rwxrwxrwx), whatever suits you, it doesn't matter as well. Likewise
normal files, 000 actually would suffice for directories, but may be
misleadiing.

In short: if you're manually installing files, leave the file modes
alone, only chmod scripts (rare) and executables (like cam's) to 700.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #25 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 23 July 2010 - 16:30

I think the section on chmod needs a bit more explanation.

Try to write your explanation in a few words, and post a link with more info.

Thanks for the feedback.

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #26 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 23 July 2010 - 16:32

Could you have a look here to see if they covered anything you haven't?

That's a link to linux telnet.
Dreambox with busbox doesn't support all commands.
In the E2ShellCommands wiki at the bottom, you see a reference link, that is more close to what the dreambox support.
To see exactly what your box support , press tab button 2 times when you're logged in with telnet session.

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #27 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 23 July 2010 - 17:39

Try to write your explanation in a few words, and post a link with more info.

See the part under "to be short" ;-)

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #28 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 23 July 2010 - 18:00

But i use at a script 755 (hacksat key downloader), so are you sure to advise 700?

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #29 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 23 July 2010 - 18:09

But i use at a script 755 (hacksat key downloader), so are you sure to advise 700?

As said everything runs as root on your dreambox. The modes don't
matter, except for scripts and executables that need to have at least
one execute bit (owner, group or others).

So my "advise" is to use whatever is most intuitive to you, 700, 755,
777 is all ok. On your dreambox at least. Personally I'd opt for 700 to
signify these files are meant to be used by root only.

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #30 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 23 July 2010 - 18:30

As said everything runs as root on your dreambox. The modes don't
matter, except for scripts and executables that need to have at least
one execute bit (owner, group or others).

So my "advise" is to use whatever is most intuitive to you, 700, 755,
777 is all ok. On your dreambox at least. Personally I'd opt for 700 to
signify these files are meant to be used by root only.

Indeed 700 would work but 755 is more common. On Linux distributions a umask of 0022 (which means 755 for chmod) is very common. Also, Engima creates files using 644 too (same as 755 except for the execution bits). As 755 is well-known in the "Dreambox world" I would simply suggest 755.
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: http://openpli.org/wiki

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #31 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 23 July 2010 - 18:35

or use +x, that just does what it says, add execute rights.
No need to worry about 777, 755, 700, 750 or whatever.

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #32 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 23 July 2010 - 18:45

add chmod advise to e2 shell commands..

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #33 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 July 2010 - 14:44

Indeed 700 would work but 755 is more common. On Linux distributions a umask of 0022 (which means 755 for chmod) is very common. Also, Engima creates files using 644 too (same as 755 except for the execution bits). As 755 is well-known in the "Dreambox world" I would simply suggest 755.

All of this is because they use the *default* umask of 022.

But it's hardly something to get bothered by ;-)

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #34 MaGhost

• 11 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 August 2010 - 21:00

Great Wiki. i got everything working except streaming from PC to DM
VLC tries make a fakepath and cant find the files.
DM says cant find VLC and files
Where have i do wrong?
think i need kinda pictures of all settings i need where to put them.
because i have printed the howto stream wiki and followed step by step but it wont work.
Please help.

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #35 patch

• 103 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:41

these wikis are great , is there one available for the dm500hd ? thanks

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #36 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,311 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:32

We need to reorganize the wiki in that respect. Al lot of procedures and information are valid for more than one box, but listed in the wiki under boxname. Generic pages and a model cross reference would be handy.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #37 ngangekrubally

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 November 2010 - 18:31

hi all i just got the DM500s and the configurations are doing ma head in, can u please guide me on the set-up, someone pls send me the link to the latest Pli-image, sofcam/ccam sky-uk. I managed to install the pli-Jade-dm500-20081003-5635 on it and got all the channels but its showed all the channels are scrambles wel most of it. pls help i need all the weapons to get into dis bad boy.............

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #38 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,470 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 26 November 2010 - 20:21

welcome on the forum, this has nothing todo with our wiki

new questions in a new topic please

and see our forumrules, we do not disscuss illegall activities here like wachting PAY-TV for free

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #39 besiwave1

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 December 2010 - 22:43

hi all i need e help a ihave e dreambox dm500s server, pli-Jade-dm500-20090627-6494.img and client can a connect newcamd server to cccam client, i have e ping to server. any ideas. please help.

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #40 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,470 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 4 December 2010 - 08:51

new questions in a new topic!
this is not related to our wiki...

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users