Upnp/dlna with uShare or DJmount

DM600

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fvanveen

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 April 2010 - 15:04

I like to use upnp/dlna on my dreambox 600 with openPLI, i read on the wiki that i have to install uShare or DJmount. but i don't know where to find the installation files and how i have to install them. How can help my out??

Re: Upnp/dlna with uShare or DJmount #2 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 29 April 2010 - 21:51

OpenPLi should ship with the "PLi Package Management" plugin, it lists both ushare & djmaount as available downloads/installs...

--
hemi

Re: Upnp/dlna with uShare or DJmount #3 fvanveen

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:46

thx for your response, when i go to the software/download section i can't find PLi Package Management, ushare or djmount. is there a way that i can download the tar.gz and put it in the /tmp folder?

Re: Upnp/dlna with uShare or DJmount #4 fvanveen

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:45

I found it :) the "PLi Package Management" plugin can be found under the yellow button.

Last question how do i connect to my remote upnp device?? do you have link where i can read more???

Re: Upnp/dlna with uShare or DJmount #5 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 7 January 2012 - 23:07

Here a posting of user HPPLi of another free DLNA server option.

For me, uShare didn't work as DLNA server (I use Oppo BDP93eu-customized bluray player and Albrecht alarmclock/mediaplayer als dlna clients. They didn't see my DM8000 with uShare.. After trying different options i gave up.
Found a simple to install, and very featurerich alternative, but not free to use: TwonkeyServer 6.

Twonkey DLNA server Howto:
To install TwonkeyServer6;
Open a telnet session to your enigma2 tuner, login and type:
wget http://dreamrivers.net/files/install_twonky.sh
type yes when asked. then when finished type this:
sh install_twonky.sh

After that get here a activation key for TwonkeyServer(6). (€14,95)
When received the key (webpage after payment) then open this page hosted on your enigma tuner:
http://boxip:9000 (where boxip is the ip address of your enigma tuner/pvr). When page is loaded click the config icon (lowest one) and enter the server activation key.
That's all, now you can connect all DLNA clients(like tv, bluray/dvd/media players alarm clocks and so on to your enigma tuner/pvr.

Edited by J3r03n5ky, 7 January 2012 - 23:12.

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: Upnp/dlna with uShare or DJmount #6 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 8 January 2012 - 21:10

On the IHAD forum i found a posting about MediaTomb for enigma2.
I didn't try it (because i've payed for twonkeyserver6 license), but give it a try to find out if you can use this as free DLNA server for enigma2.
I copy text of ihad forum, and added the 2 files to this posting (for non IHAd members). Hope itworks on OpenPli. (and if it works, perhaps in pli feed?

Quote:

installation:
First unpack
Second copy ipk file to hdd / cf or usb storage medium on enigma2 tuner/pvr.
Third on enigma2 tuner/pvr in Menu > Setup > Software management > Install local extension andselect thestorage medium/ipk file and install.
4th restart enigma

Hope this works on openpli. But as i say i don't test it, because i was [ ]too fast / [ ]a fool (select correct choise) to pay for twonkeyserver6.

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DM600

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users