UK

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 4tothefloor

• 25 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 November 2010 - 23:44

Hi guys,
I have a few queries, I'd appreciate if someone could help me out here. I've been running Rytec-SkyUK epg now for the past 6 months but recently it has started to give problems. The first problem was it was no longer auto updating the epg at the time set and I now have to constantly manually download the epg. The second problem was epg for certain channels became noticeably shorter, with the epg covering only 3/4 days ahead. The latest problem is that today I'm downloading the epg but there is now no epg at all. I'm using Dream Elite 1.0 on a DM7025 - are these known issues or is it a potential problem on my end?

Also, with regards to Dream Elite, how does one update the EPG Providers List? Is it done automatically through the image or is there a manual way? I can't seem to find any way to do it in the image. I'm asking because none of the other SKYUK epg's work either (Satmate just crashes the box when you try to download it, while the standard Skyuk epg stream is outdated as it still lists the epg stream channel as Hip Hop which no longer exists).

Any help would be appreciated guys as I currently have no epg at all /images/smiley/sad.gif Thanks in advance!

OpenVix 4.1 Blue HD Skin on Vu+ Duo

Re: Dream Elite EPG Problems? #2 Tuurtje

• 61 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:58

download at www.rytec.be

rytec.channels.xml.gz

rytec.sources.xml.20101123.zip

extract both on your pc with winrar and FTP them to your dreambox in to the folder:

/etc/epgimport/

in the settings from epgimport select sources and make your choice

Tuurtje

Re: Dream Elite EPG Problems? #3 rytec

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 1,082 posts

+22
Neutral

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:34

download at www.rytec.be

rytec.channels.xml.gz

extract both on your pc with winrar and FTP them to your dreambox in to the folder:

/etc/epgimport/

Tuurtje

For Dream Elite or BlackHole images you do not need the rytec.sources.xml and rytec.channels.xml
You will need the files attached here in /etc/ then restart enigma and try a manual download again within the epg menu

I would recommend you use BlackhHole if you prefer this kind of images, otherwise you also can try OpenPli and then go to applications, downloads, extensions and install the xmltv import and xmltv import rytec

Ryan

Attached Files

~~Rytec Team~~ VU Ultimo / VU Uno / VU Solo / Panasonic TH42-PV700 *Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Dream Elite EPG Problems? #4 4tothefloor

• 25 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 November 2010 - 21:59

download at www.rytec.be

rytec.channels.xml.gz

/etc/epgimport/

Tuurtje

For Dream Elite or BlackHole images you do not need the rytec.sources.xml and rytec.channels.xml
You will need the files attached here in /etc/ then restart enigma and try a manual download again within the epg menu

I would recommend you use BlackhHole if you prefer this kind of images, otherwise you also can try OpenPli and then go to applications, downloads, extensions and install the xmltv import and xmltv import rytec

Ryan

Cheers for your help Ryan, however this has not made any difference. I deleted the old Deliteepgproviders file and ftp'd the new one you attached. I checked /media/cf through DCC and there is a large epg.dat file there. So I'm gazumped as to why the EPG is empty.

Can you give me a sample of some of the service references in the epg file? I'm thinking the references for SkyUK maybe slightly different for SkyIreland, as this has happened before. Below are a few sample references from my side.

Channel 4 - 1:0:1:23FC:7F9:2:11C0000:0:0:0:
RTE1 - 1:0:1:2581:7FB:2:11C0000:0:0:0:
Sky Sports1 - 1:0:1:1332:7E7:2:11C0000:0:0:0:
Sky1 - 1:0:1:1261:7EB:2:11C0000:0:0:0:
BBC1 London - 1:0:1:189D:7FD:2:11C0000:0:0:0:
ITV1 London - 1:0:1:274C:7FC:2:11C0000:0:0:0:

Cheers for the help!

Re: Dream Elite EPG Problems? #5 xenon84

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 November 2010 - 16:09

Im having similar issues, used the EPG for atleast a year with no problems until now. Tried the advice advice in this tread but its still not working.

http://www.pli-image...thread_id=15849

Re: Dream Elite EPG Problems? #6 Fano

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 November 2010 - 16:51

There is definitely something wrong with the Rytec Sky UK epg.
Its just downloading blank listings on my Dm800 using Dream Elite.
All other epg's are working fine except for the UK one.
Satmate is working too .

Re: Dream Elite EPG Problems? #7 rytec

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 1,082 posts

+22
Neutral

Posted 27 November 2010 - 17:55

Well, I will have to dig further in the setup and so on.

Strange thing is, with the xmltv importer sky uk loads correctly.
~~Rytec Team~~ VU Ultimo / VU Uno / VU Solo / Panasonic TH42-PV700 *Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Dream Elite EPG Problems? #8 pryggi

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:08

Hi,
I confirm, that Rytec-SkyUK epg download in Dream Elite 133b is not working.

I have downloaded the latest Deliteepgproviders.cfg from rytec.be.

In the /etc/Deliteepgproviders.cfg file I have following definition:
Rytec-SKYUK,ext_dat,http://www.xmltvepg.be/uk/epg.dat.gz,7,none
It worked fine for the last 6 month that I have used this service, until now...

I also tried the other SkyUK epg sources. This one did not work either:
Rytec-BE-NL-SKYUK-Telesat,ext_dat,http://www.xmltvepg.be/benluk/epg.dat.gz,7,none

But fortunately this source worked:
Satmate_sky.UK,ext_dat,http://hqsatellite.com/satmate/skyuk_epg.dat.gz,7,none
So now I have 7 day epg again.

Anyway, it would be cool if you could also fix the other broken sources.

Thanks in advance,
P.

Re: Dream Elite EPG Problems? #9 yellabelly

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 November 2010 - 20:53

I have had the same problem with Dream Elite 133b for a few days. In the past a reboot would fix the problem but not this time.
I tried manually downloading the epg.dat but the file doesn't seems to contain correct english descriptions.

Satmate doesn't work for me from the box (probably not enough space) so I tried manually adding the epg file also with no success.

Re: Dream Elite EPG Problems? #10 pryggi

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 November 2010 - 22:03

Did some additional tests. Downloaded manually http://www.xmltvepg.be/uk/epg.dat.gz uncompressed and opened with Notepad++, scrolled towards the end of file and found some French or Dutch language event descriptions. Please see attached Capture17.

I noticed the same issue with Rytec-Dplus. In this case the epg.dat contains Finnish Canal Digital Nordic epg, but it should contain Spanish Digital+ epg. I reported this here: http://www.pli-image...058&rowstart=40

Anyway, I figure sth is messed up on server side, so that if we download Spanish DPLUS epg, we get CD Fin, and if we download SkyUK epg we get Dutch/French epg.

Attached Files

Re: Dream Elite EPG Problems? #11 4tothefloor

• 25 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 November 2010 - 22:48

At least it's not a problem on my end anyway! /images/smiley/grin.gif

But fortunately this source worked:
Satmate_sky.UK,ext_dat,http://hqsatellite.com/satmate/skyuk_epg.dat.gz,7,none
So now I have 7 day epg again.

Satmate doesn't work for me from the box (probably not enough space) so I tried manually adding the epg file also with no success.

Satmate doesn't work for me at all, it either crashes the box (green crash screen) or causes an enigma restart. Can't find anything online as to the reason why. I prefer Rytec over Satmate anyway.

Anyway, I figure sth is messed up on server side, so that if we download Spanish DPLUS epg, we get CD Fin, and if we download SkyUK epg we get Dutch/French epg.

If I download Sky epg I get a blank epg. No jumbled text or foreign listings, just a blank epg.

Re: Dream Elite EPG Problems? #12 rytec

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 1,082 posts

+22
Neutral

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:32

Try again now!

Re: Dream Elite EPG Problems? #13 pryggi

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:39

If I download Sky epg I get a blank epg. No jumbled text or foreign listings, just a blank epg.

I did not mean that SkyUK channels will have this foreign language epg. I meant, that Dutch and French channels on 19.2e will have 7 day epg after you download Rytec-SkyUK. For this you must have them present in your lamedb (box). I tested it, removed the EPG cache file, restarted enigma2, at that point all epg was empty, there were no program listings at all. Then I downloaded the Rytec-SkyUK and after that I had epg for some French channels (probably TNTSAT) and Dutch channels. SkyUK channels epg is empty like you stated.

Re: Dream Elite EPG Problems? #14 rytec

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 1,082 posts

+22
Neutral

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:51

Did you try Sky UK now after my post ?

Re: Dream Elite EPG Problems? #15 pryggi

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:54

Try again now!

Thanks a lot, Rytec-SKYUK works fine now! Tested.

But no change in Rytec-Dplus behavior Posted Image http://www.xmltvepg....plus/epg.dat.gz file still contains some Scandinavian language listing descriptions. Could you please check it too?

Re: Dream Elite EPG Problems? #16 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,036 posts

+640
Excellent

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:33

Could you please list a couple of channels which have this behaviour.
This would facilitate the search.

Thanks.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Dream Elite EPG Problems? #17 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,036 posts

+640
Excellent

Posted 29 November 2010 - 13:47

I found that Eurosport2 contaned polish epg. I downloaded this epg because spanish websites do not contain epg for eurosport2. previous this epg from a polish website was in english as well. Now they changed it to polish.

Have replaced the epg with English epg now.

Please check tomorrow. Also if the schedule is OK since there are a couple of versions from Eurosport2.

If you prefer Portugese epg - this is also possible. See:
http://www.meo.pt/ve...aspx?Channel=58
Beware that Portugal is another timezone. But times can be corrected.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Dream Elite EPG Problems? #18 pryggi

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 November 2010 - 14:17

Could you please list a couple of channels which have this behaviour.
This would facilitate the search.

Thanks.

Willy

Ok, here you go, but I seriously doubt that anything is broken at that level. It has to be same thing as was with SkyUK.
TVE 1 - 1:0:1:77C0:40A:1:C00000:0:0:0
LA 2 - 1:0:1:77C2:40A:1:C00000:0:0:0
and so on till the last Digital+ channel. None of the Spanish Digital+ package channels get epg from http://www.xmltvepg....plus/epg.dat.gz file.

I followed the procedure of init4, rm epg.dat cache file, init 3. Now all epg data is deleted, so none of the channels in my bouquets have epg. I double checked, no program info at all. Now I downloaded the Rytec-Dplus from dream elite epg panel and still nothing, please see the attached screenshot20/21 files - these show the Digital+ package channels on 19.2e. Instead of Digital+ epg, it downloaded epg for some Canal Digital Nordic package channels on 0.8W (Discovery (N), FEM, etc) please see attached screenshot22/23.

If you would manually download the http://www.xmltvepg....plus/epg.dat.gz file, uncompress it and open it with text viewer, you would see that in the end of file there are probably Norvegian or some other Scandinavian language epg event descriptions. E.g. on screenshot23 we see that Discovery (N) channel has a show "Mann mot natur (4)" and in the epg.dat file we find the same show, please see the attached Capture18.

So I suspect the error is in the process/script that creates the /dplus/epg.dat.gz file, so that it takes the Canal Digital Nordic epg data and not the Spanish Digital+ data.

Attached Files

Re: Dream Elite EPG Problems? #19 xenon84

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 November 2010 - 18:30

this issue appears resolved.

thank you rytec.

Re: Dream Elite EPG Problems? #20 4tothefloor

• 25 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 November 2010 - 00:40

Do you have any advice on the problem regarding having to manually download the EPG every day? I've tried various download times from 6am onwards but when I return from work in the evening the EPG is often empty and needs to be manually downloaded, it doesn't seem to download it automatically at the set time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: UK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users