Softcams

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Rudi1

• 162 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 5 February 2011 - 15:41

The plugin oscam in OpenPLi Beta enigma2 still don't work correct after download and install it.The package make oscam symlink in /usr/bin/ folder and also in this folder is the file oscam-stable but this file don't run from softcam.oscam script because the script look for /usr/bin/oscam file.Can anyone correct this package?

Re: Oscam #2 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 5 February 2011 - 16:16

From your text I can't determine what's wrong. If it creates the /usr/bin/oscam link, there's no problem, it's supposed to do that so you can have alternative versions.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Oscam #3 Rudi1

• 162 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 5 February 2011 - 19:44

I try to explain.If someone download oscam plugin and install it this plugin will not work,because in usr/bin/ is file "oscam-stable" .I look in oscam script and this script run "oscam" file in usr/bin/ not "oscam-stable".

Re: Oscam #4 nfnovice

• 696 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 February 2011 - 21:43

it worked fine here
vu+duo openpli 2.0 beta
install from plugin - drop in my configs ..away it went
DM800+DM7025+DM7020+DM7000+DM600+DM5620+DM500+VUDUO Dreambox great invention - whats it for ?

Re: Oscam #5 Rudi1

• 162 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 5 February 2011 - 21:45

My box is dm500hd.

Re: Oscam #6 Alias1

• 575 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 6 February 2011 - 00:46

I try to explain.If someone download oscam plugin and install it this plugin will not work,because in usr/bin/ is file "oscam-stable" .I look in oscam script and this script run "oscam" file in usr/bin/ not "oscam-stable".

Rename oscam stable in /usr/bin to oscam simple

DM800se Vu+Duo ET-9000 Vu+Ultimo

Re: Oscam #7 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 6 February 2011 - 10:13

@Alias: No it was never the intention that any manual action was needed.

oscam-stable should also make a link called "oscam", using update-alternatives. This allows you to install oscam-experimental too.

Re: Oscam #8 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 6 February 2011 - 13:19

Just tried. Installed oscam, and within seconds it was descrambling correctly. I really don't see any problems with the package. What version of OpenPLi are you using?

Re: Oscam #9 Rudi1

• 162 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 6 February 2011 - 23:02

then this problem is only in my box.I am using OpenPLi-2.0-beta-dm500hd-20110205.When I replace my config files and run oscam nothing clear not even my local card but in other images this config files work fine.

VU+Zero

Osmio4K

Re: Oscam #10 Alias1

• 575 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 7 February 2011 - 09:03

then this problem is only in my box.I am using OpenPLi-2.0-beta-dm500hd-20110205.When I replace my config files and run oscam nothing clear not even my local card but in other images this config files work fine.

Does the web interface for oscam show its running
Also from telnet do a ps -xa and see if it is running there

DM800se Vu+Duo ET-9000 Vu+Ultimo

Re: Oscam #11 Rudi1

• 162 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 7 February 2011 - 11:50

Hmm,strange.Today I am flash the box again with latest OpenPLi Beta and oscam run in first try.
Now the oscam work fine maybe it was something wrong with my last flash.

VU+Zero

Osmio4K

Re: Oscam #12 Senifoto

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 February 2011 - 00:36

Dear support admin,
Currently my db 600pvr not successful running with openpli image and can't boot, but with pliJade3 running smoothly, and the only problem is where to download the oscam emu and if install manually where to download and how to istall.

Thanks in advance
@senifoto

Re: Oscam #13 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:15

Dear support admin,
Currently my db 600pvr not successful running with openpli image and can't boot, but with pliJade3 running smoothly, and the only problem is where to download the oscam emu and if install manually where to download and how to istall.

Thanks in advance
@senifoto

Is it an original DM600? DM600 clones do indeed not work with OpenPLi.
We don't have oscam in our downloads for Enigma1, so I can't help you with that. You may find the oscam binary here on the forum or on internet.
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: http://openpli.org/wiki

Re: Oscam #14 fintannl

• 46 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:55

is it possible that oscam will be made available as a download for enigma1 at any stage

Re: Oscam #15 finas

• 26 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 April 2012 - 00:25

Hi Guys,
I'm also looking for oscam on openpli enigma1. Is there any problem that is preventing oscam entering the softcam repository ?

Re: Oscam #16 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 18 April 2012 - 13:31

Hi Guys,
I'm also looking for oscam on openpli enigma1. Is there any problem that is preventing oscam entering the softcam repository ?

The development on Enigma1 is about zero so we won't support oscam. It's possible to let it work if you find the Enigma1 oscam binary, though.
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: http://openpli.org/wiki

Re: Oscam #17 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 18 April 2012 - 13:51

I can confirm that installing Oscam on an Enigma1 box (a DM7000 in my case) is not a problem.[list]
[*]Put the oscam binary in /var/bin, and do a chmod 775 to make it executable.
[*]In /var/etc/plimgr/cams, create a file called 'oscam', and add the version number in it (exact value is not relevant)
[*]In /var/etc/plimgr/scripts, create a file called 'oscam', and put in it:
#!/bin/sh
CAMNAME4="oscam"
case "$1" in
	start)
		echo "[SCRIPT] $1: Starting $CAMNAME4"
		/var/bin/oscam -b &
		;;
	stop)
		echo "[SCRIPT] $1: Stopping $CAMNAME4"
		# oscam does not always seems to stop
		usleep 100000
		pids=`pidof oscam`
		if [ -n "$pids" ] ; then
			kill -9 $pids > /dev/null 2>&1
		fi
		;;
	*)
		$0 stop
		exit 1
		;;
esac

exit 0
[*]Configure oscam as documentated
[*]Select oscam as your standard cardserver instead of CCcam
[/list]
I use this box as my internal personal card server, so I can't comment on the DVBAPI part you need to watch locally.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Oscam #18 finas

• 26 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 April 2012 - 15:12

Hi WanWizard,

That's really great. I'm going to use your script.
It appears that, as the script is already done, little work except of packing is left for the package to be available on the repository. Being Oscam opensource, as is PLi, I think it would be great if the development team could have a look at it. Besides, the DM500 ( clone ) is still one of the most sold units, and there is a huge number of E1 boxes out there. Flashing my 7020 and 500 with OpenPli ( from gemini ) was just like buying a brand new box!!!! and this is what is really great about opensource.

Your script is fine for me. But I think that the community would really apreciate the inclusion of Oscam onto the repository.

Thanks again!

Re: Oscam #19 beebee

• 452 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 22 April 2012 - 20:49

I can confirm that installing Oscam on an Enigma1 box (a DM7000 in my case) is not a problem.[list]
[*]Put the oscam binary in /var/bin, and do a chmod 775 to make it executable.
[*]In /var/etc/plimgr/cams, create a file called 'oscam', and add the version number in it (exact value is not relevant)
[*]In /var/etc/plimgr/scripts, create a file called 'oscam', and put in it:
[*]Configure oscam as documentated
[*]Select oscam as your standard cardserver instead of CCcam
[/list]
I use this box as my internal personal card server, so I can't comment on the DVBAPI part you need to watch locally.

@WanWizard, Thanks for this instuction. I also use my DM7000 as a local test server for oscam on my DM8000.
until now i use on the DM7000 an old CCcam 2.1.4.
I have done the above changes, but:

I took the binary oscam-experimeteel from my DM8000 /etc/bin/ and copied it to the DM7000 in /var/bin/oscam

Is this Binary suitable for the DM7000, or do i need the oscam "server" binary version ?

Where do i put all the Oscam config files?

Thanks..
Beebee

Re: Oscam #20 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 22 April 2012 - 20:59

The 7000 & 8000 are NOT binary compatible. The 8000 is a MIPS architecture box while you need to find a PPC architecture binary for your 7000...

--
hemi

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Softcams

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users