E2 Plugins

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

Re: Foreca plugin EN and PL #21 Bag58

• 437 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 6 November 2011 - 16:08

Again thanks for your corrections. I have updated my sources with this version. When I publish a next version that will contain your corrections. Attached you find the new German Foreca.po and Foreca.mo files. If you put those in the correct place you can start using the corrected texts right away, after an Enigma2 restart.

Attached Files

Re: Foreca plugin EN and PL #22 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 6 November 2011 - 16:49

@Bag58, thank you, it's a step in the right direction...

unfortunately full Polish 'localization' it's impossible because of pl diacritics on the site /see the screenshot/
Posted Image
//in previous Polish version it was worked around by using (sed) filter.sh script (probably not the nicest way /?/ but was doing the job)
so, to make plugin fully usable for people here on the wild east ;) this issue would has to be somehow resolved...
but of course for now mixed english-polish version can be used, I'll try to provide pl.po asap
True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: Foreca plugin EN and PL #23 Bag58

• 437 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 6 November 2011 - 17:05

As I already indicated, the current version lays a basis for a true international version and definitely is not the final answer. I will pick up the diacritical translations from your Polish versions, and also the ones that were in the original German version, and see if I can incorporate them in a next version in such a way that we will not again need the external script. However, I expect that there will be more required for other languages in the future, so it must be easily expandable.

Re: Foreca plugin EN and PL #24 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 6 November 2011 - 18:04

ok thanks again,
and just for clarifying, it's not a problem with .po transaltion - that strings with Polish diacritics are displayed ok,
problem is with those that are parsed /?/ directly from foreca.pl (eg. 'wilgotność')
see attachement - that is how same fragment looks at foreca.pl (and as it should look in the plugin)

Attached Files

Re: Foreca plugin EN and PL #25 Bag58

• 437 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 6 November 2011 - 18:40

That much was clear to me. The only place where filter.sh was used in the earlier versions, and is still used in the Polish version, is in building the texts in the main screen. So I am concentrating on that portion of the code. My problem is going to be testing a solution. It is not hard for me to change the language in my receiver to Polish, but it might be hard to change it back..... I am not so strong in Polish myself.

Re: Foreca plugin EN and PL #26 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 6 November 2011 - 20:52

I am not so strong in Polish myself.

so am I :P
//and if you couln't find any polite Pole nearby down there in the Netherlands (which I totally do not believe ;)) who would give you a hand, here's the clue:
Menu > Ustawienia > System > Język > ...

Re: Foreca plugin EN and PL #27 Bag58

• 437 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 6 November 2011 - 21:30

Well, I have been messing around a bit, and this is the current result (keep in mind that I have tested with language set to Polish, without an actual Polish locale file in place. But the attached picture does show that I was able to handle the diacritics. I now have handling for the diacritics in there for German and Polish, and for now I only handle them if the language code matches them. So for "pl" I handle the Polish diacritics and for "de" the german ones. For any other language I ignore them. This keeps the plugin as fast as possible for each language code.

Attached Files

Re: Foreca plugin EN and PL #28 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 6 November 2011 - 23:28

great job :D
Polish translations attached
one remark:
found few untranslated strings:
"(Menu) Weather charts"
"(info) Legend"
^pretty important, both on the main page,
and in general all screen titles eg.:
"Satelite photo's"
"Select a city"
problem is that for some reason, after I added them manually, they remain untranslated...
any ideas why?

Attached Files

Re: Foreca plugin EN and PL #29 Frogman

• 389 posts

+68
Good

Posted 7 November 2011 - 08:33

Hi Bag58,
in the latest version on feed (v.1.9) there are no language files there after installation... and i don't speak dutch :)
Most problems can be solved simply by a closer look.

Re: Foreca plugin EN and PL #30 Frogman

• 389 posts

+68
Good

Posted 7 November 2011 - 09:33

that's important because when i install the version 1.7.2 (link above) and perform an online update the installed 1.7.2 will be updated with the 1.9 of the feed - and after that there are no languages apart from dutch...

Re: Foreca plugin EN and PL #31 erice

• 39 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 November 2011 - 17:58

1.9 is version 1.6 in dutch

Re: Foreca plugin EN and PL #32 Frogman

• 389 posts

+68
Good

Posted 7 November 2011 - 19:19

that's not a good idea to call a version 1.6 on the feed 1.9
so every installed versionb 1.7.x will be updated to the old 1.6

Re: Foreca plugin EN and PL #33 Frogman

• 389 posts

+68
Good

Posted 8 November 2011 - 07:36

Hey Bag58 :)
there is a little bug in your last version 1.7.2
in the plugin.py line 640 you use the fixed language setting "nl" for downloading the graphic forecast. This should depends on the used plugin language :)

def red(self):
  if not self.working:
   #self.loc_id = current id
   self.url=_("http://www.foreca.com") + "/meteogram.php?loc_id=" + self.loc_id + "&lang=[color=#ff0000]nl[/color]&units=metrickmh/meteogram.png"
   self.loadPicture(self.url)

Re: Foreca plugin EN and PL #34 Frogman

• 389 posts

+68
Good

Posted 8 November 2011 - 08:18

sorry again because the board software inserted my color for marking "nl" into the code :
def red(self):
if not self.working:
#self.loc_id = current id
self.url=_("http://www.foreca.com") + "/meteogram.php?loc_id=" + self.loc_id + "&lang=nl&units=metrickmh/meteogram.png"
self.loadPicture(self.url)

Edited by Steffen, 8 November 2011 - 08:19.

Re: Foreca plugin EN and PL #35 Alias1

• 575 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 9 November 2011 - 00:25

Question where is Australia getting its forecast from???

DM800se Vu+Duo ET-9000 Vu+Ultimo

Re: Foreca plugin EN and PL #36 Bag58

• 437 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 9 November 2011 - 00:41

It would seem that it is possible to pick that up from the foreca.com site. There are some locations in Australia listed there, like Australia/Sydney.

Re: Foreca plugin EN and PL #37 Alias1

• 575 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 9 November 2011 - 01:06

Great found Perth Western Australia

Edited by Alias1, 9 November 2011 - 01:10.

DM800se Vu+Duo ET-9000 Vu+Ultimo

Re: Foreca plugin EN and PL #38 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,049 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 9 November 2011 - 10:34

that's not a good idea to call a version 1.6 on the feed 1.9

You're absolutely right. So I'll repeat what I wrote on the Dutch forum for the Foreca plugin.

If you want to make changes to the plugin, and include them in the feed, do the following:
- Install GIT on your PC (on Windows, I recommend using tortoiseGIT which integrates into explorer)
- Clone the Foreca repository to your PC: https://github.com/E...enplugin-Foreca
- Make your changes (e.g. copy your plugin.py over the one in the GIT directory)
- Create a GIT patch and post it here.
- "Pull" the repository and synchronize with the central version as often as possible.

If you want to work in a more structured way, do as follows:
- Create an account on github
- Mail or PM me with the account name
- I'll arrange "write" permissions on the repository
- You can then push directly, without help from PLi member
- But be careful - what you do will directly affect the nightly build...

I'm willing to help out - thus extending the howto above - but I'm no longer willing to manually inject modified files or disect ipk packages, because that takes too much of my limited time. Committing git patches is the only way to post changes. And i'm happy to explain further how to build such a git patch.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Foreca plugin EN and PL #39 Bag58

• 437 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 11 November 2011 - 23:46

At the moment I have a version 2.0 in preparation. In that version the internationalisation has been completed to a reasonable level, with support for the languages Dutch, English, German, French and Polish. In the meantime I have also been looking into the phenomena Git and TortoisGit as indicated by Milo, and I have to say that for now that seems to be more than one bridge too far for me. For now I hardly understand anything at all from those subjects.

When the new version is finished (read fully tested) I will place its IPK here on the forum. The people who want to use it can then download it and install it through Telnet. Since its version has now been incremented to 2.0, in my opinion it should no longer be overwritten by the version 1.9 in the Git. Please be patient for a little longer.

@Milo: I do not expect you to take action to put such a new version in the Git, however, were you prepared to do so once more I think a lot of people would appreciate that very much. I honestly did make an attempt to understand how to get the updated version in my local Git, but since the changes are much more than just an updated plugin.py so far I haven't got a clue what to do.

Re: Foreca plugin EN and PL #40 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,049 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:56

Just copy all your files over the ones in the Git directory. Then tell git to create a commit and/or a patch. That should be all.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users