• Please log in to reply
1306 replies to this topic

Re: BackupSuite #161 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 2 November 2013 - 23:26

Flashing the image as follows:

1) Extract E2 folder XP1000 to a FAT32 formatted USB memory stick.
2) Switch off XP1000 at the back.
3) Open up the front panel door (pull it down from the right side/corner of the box).
4) Plug the USB stick into the box.
5) Turn on the box.
6) When the red light is on and the power button lights up, quickly
7) press the front panel CH+ button, that is hidden behind the front panel cover and hold it.
8) When the power button is purple, then
9) let go of CH+ button and just
10) wait until the box reboots.

So, it seems additional pressing of the buttons is needed, in order to flash the rec...

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: BackupSuite #162 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 2 November 2013 - 23:28

Then it is no problem to keep the USB-stick attached to the receiver, at reboot if the key isn't pressed it starts Enigma after a short delay.

Re: BackupSuite #163 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 3 November 2013 - 07:56

Then it is no problem to keep the USB-stick attached to the receiver, at reboot if the key isn't pressed it starts Enigma after a short delay.

Correct, it does look/wait for manual boot +chan button to be pressed and then continues to boot if no physical action is received. Takes about a minute to boot. (probably the size of my epg).

I leave my 32Gb usb-stick in all the time for picons, backups and recordings, as well as having network mounts to my PC and Humax T2 pvr

Xtrend et8000 7.1-Release

2 x 8/1 DiSEqC  30w 13e 19e 23e 28e   

Astrometa USB Tuner Working DVB-T2 now on Kernel 4.10+  ;)

WD10EARX 1TB

Sandisk 32GB USB for AFB, EPG, Picons & Timeshift

ZGemma Star S 7.0-Release

4/1 DiSEqC  30w 13e 19e 28e

Sandisk 8GB USB for AFB, EPG, Picons & Timeshift

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Re: BackupSuite #164 Odyssey

• 52 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:31

since in new releases file created new.po in which migrated the old mistakes for Russian language (was Byelorussian langlanguage )
attached update.

why there is no version 13.7?

what is the main page of the plugin on the network to follow the current releases?
I asked earlier whether you can send Release on email, but an answer and never got it.

Attached Files

Re: BackupSuite #165 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 12 November 2013 - 17:07

1. If I'm not mistaken your attached update BackupSuite_13.7_ru.rar is the same as the one (except the header, 1 omitted blank line by you and 1 extra newline \n added by you) as supplied by the last public version 13.7

2. What? You enclosed 13.7 so how can you say there isn't a 13.7, you already enclosed it. If you mean it isn't on the Openpli feed, you're right, I didn't send it to Littlesat at the moment

3. All new versions will be released here via Littlesat for the online update in the feed (could take a couple days before I send it to Littlesat and when Littlesat is able to place it on the feed).

Also on various sites I place the new versions such as: Xtrend support, Xtrend home and since a short time also on  Xtrend Alliance

And after a few days it is also findable by Google on various websites

Distributing by e-mail isn't an option anymore, to much e-mail to handle already.

Re: BackupSuite #166 Odyssey

• 52 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:58

1. Littlesat is it nickname or the site?
2. BackupSuite.po not changed (line break I left, so it looks better on TV), only changed new.po.

Re: BackupSuite #167 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2013 - 21:35

1. Littlesat is Pli Core member : http://openpli.org/f...r/14-littlesat/

2. I don't see any difference between the text in new.po and BackupSuite.po as provided in 13.7. The line break is removed because Poedit is complaining about it, it doesn't match with the original text, I want to keep the layout as close as it can be to the original. .

Re: BackupSuite #168 Odyssey

• 52 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:38

i am attached new.po with russian bug from v13.7

in this file instead of the Russian language is used Belarus Languages

in the previous message corrected file

Attached Files

Edited by Odyssey, 14 November 2013 - 09:43.

Re: BackupSuite #169 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 14 November 2013 - 20:22

Here is the new version

Attached Files

Re: BackupSuite #170 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 17 November 2013 - 14:21

For Openpli 3.0 or later

Here's the latest version of the plugin BackupSuite, suitable for Openpli 3.0 or later or compatible image

The BackupSuite is capable of making full back-ups of a running system. The back-up contains all files and settings as they are on the system at the moment of making the back-up.
In case of emergency or any other mishap you are capable of restoring your system in a matter of a few minutes (< 5 ).

The BackupSuite can -at the moment-  back-up the Xtrend models ET4x00, ET5x00, ET6x00 and ET9x00. Also are all VU+ models supported such as Duo, Duo2, Solo, Solo2, Ultimo and Uno.
The MK-Digital / MaxDigital / XPert XP1000 is also supported.

After installation* you will find 2 entries in the Menu under Menu -> Plugins
Fullback-up to USB and
Fullback-up to HDD/USB
*Installation has to be done with a working internet connection to be able to fetch the required package mtd-utils from the feed)

Fullback-up to USB
This option makes a back-up directly to an USB-flashdrive, however there is one condition that has to be fulfilled and that's there MUST be a file on the USB-flashdrive with the name backupstick or backupstick.txt or whatever name containing the word backupstick. So a file with the name: hands_off_this_is_my_backupstick.txt is also valid! It doesn't matter if UPPER- or lower-case letters are used or even a mix of those 2.
This back-up will be written on 2 places, one in the folder representing the modelnumber e.g. ET9x00 and in a folder with the name fullbackup_et9x00, this is your archive of all back-ups made directly to this USB-flashdrive.

Fullback-up to HDD/USB
This option does the same as above except that it is on a harddrive (or NAS) and there is no need for a file with the name backupstick.
This option does provide an extra option namely copy the made back-up directly from HDD to an USB-flashdrive. If you place a valid USB-stick, as mentioned above, before or during the back-up process then the made back-up will also be copied to this drive at the end of the process.

The supported languages are now: English (default), Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Slovak, Spanish and Turkish.

Here's a screenshot (edited) of the different steps of the Fullback-up to HDD/USB process with a valid USB-stick inserted on a VU+ Solo2
2rref.jpg
Again for Openpli 3.0 or later
Please don't try to use this version in the "older" images 2.1, the used programs/versions are not compatible

Changelog

Changed in version 13.9
- Some minor changes in the code
- Copy the logfile at the end of the process to the back-up files

Changed in version 13.8
- Updated the Russian language pack again.

Changed in version 13.7
- Removed some obsolete code which could generate an error in some cases
- made some parts more modular

Changed in version 13.6
- Improved the detection* of the used image for reporting in the log file and in the file imageversion in the back-up folder.
 *Not sure if it is perfect now because of lack of information on how the various images identifies itself in the file /etc/issue.

Attached Files

Edited by Pedro_Newbie, 17 November 2013 - 14:23.

Re: BackupSuite #171 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,807 posts

+187
Excellent

Posted 17 November 2013 - 15:56

Thnx Pedro_Newbie

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: BackupSuite #172 nietgiftig

• 787 posts

+39
Good

Posted 17 November 2013 - 19:10

Thanks

Hardware: Master VU Uno 4K SE  1x Mut@nt HD51.4K & 2x ZgemmaH9T
Software : Pli (v7) (7.1rc) 2019 

Re: BackupSuite #173 Odyssey

• 52 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 22 November 2013 - 19:44

Pedro I can not understand where do you get Russian localization plugin.
in version 13.9 again appeared from somewhere translation of the Belarusian language!

Re: BackupSuite #174 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:07

I copied en pasted the translation from your new_russian_bug_v13.7.rar
Is this the right language?

msgid "Please be patient, a backup will now be made, this will take about: "
msgstr "Калі ласка, будзьце цярплівыя, рэзервовае капіраванне будзе зроблена, гэта зойме каля "

msgid " size to be backed up  : "
msgstr " памеры павінны быць падмацаваныя  : "

msgid "Some information about the task"
msgstr "Некаторыя звесткі аб задачы"

msgid "Backup done with: "
msgstr "Рэзервовае капіраванне ажыццяўляецца з: "

msgid "KB per second"
msgstr "КБ ў секунду"

If not, please deliver a complete Russian BackupSuite.po
Edit the enclosed version (without extra line endings \n)

Edited by Pedro_Newbie, 23 November 2013 - 01:07.

Re: BackupSuite #175 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:48

Here's a new version with the (I hope) correct Russian translation.

Now the Octagon SF8 XP1000 is also supported (same as MK-Digital XP1000 but with a display and reports as a xp1000s)

Attached Files

Re: BackupSuite #176 Odyssey

• 52 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 11 December 2013 - 15:22

BackupSuite 14.1

Changed in version 14.1
- Some minor changes in the code
- Revised the code for the Octagon SF8 XP1000

Attached Files

Re: BackupSuite #177 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2014 - 22:23

Again a new version

Changed in version 14.3
- Now, besides the last update date, is also the date reported when the image was flashed, this is reported in the file imageversion in the backup folder and in the logfile BackupSuite.log. This date could be of use in case of troubles, sometimes it is needed to know when the image was flashed. An example of the content of my file:
Back-up date       = 2014.01.08_21:38
Image version      = openpli 4
Installed/flashed  = 2013.09.28_07:36
Image last updated = 2014.01.04_15:34
- Also the logging in BackupSuite.log is reworked, now partly in the language of the image (other parts still in English sorry)
- Some revision of the programcode

Skipped version 14.2, this version was not released to the public but only used internal

Attached Files

Re: BackupSuite #178 nietgiftig

• 787 posts

+39
Good

Posted 9 January 2014 - 00:18

Thanks for this very useful plugin.

It makes me sure i have an good working version for going back.

Hardware: Master VU Uno 4K SE  1x Mut@nt HD51.4K & 2x ZgemmaH9T
Software : Pli (v7) (7.1rc) 2019 

Re: BackupSuite #179 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 16 January 2014 - 16:38

Again a new version

Changed in version 14.4
- Corrected German translation (Thanks Biki3)
- Changed detection to avoid making back-up in flash/removed bug/typo
- During the back-up the size of root.ubi is checked to detect writing in flash, if this is 0 the process will be aborted

Attached Files

Re: BackupSuite #180 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 29 January 2014 - 21:56

And another one

Changed in version 14.5
- Added for all the Xtrends models 2 warnings because the Xtrends seems to have problems to flash images back which are greater than about 128MB (no hard boundary detected yet):
if the image size is between 111 MB and 128 MB the warning (in yellow) is:
There COULD be a problem with restoring this back-up because the size of the back-up comes close to the maximum size. This is a limitation of the bootloader not of the back-up or the BackupSuite.
if the image is greater than 128MB the warning (in red) is:
Most likely this back-up can't be restored because of it's size, it's simply too big to restore. This is a limitation of the bootloader not of the back-up or the BackupSuite.
- Changed the aligning of the numbers in the size to back-up, now it detects whether the numbers are above or below the 100.000 KB (just for cosmetics)
Big thanks to the translators of the last 2 messages
DE Biki3
FR Demosat
IT Matrix64
TR SSD

for the other languages (ES, PL, RU and SK) I'm looking for translators who can translate the messages:
#message28
msgid "Most likely this back-up can't be restored because of it's size, it's simply too big to restore. This is a limitation of the bootloader not of the back-up or the BackupSuite."

#message29
msgid "There COULD be a problem with restoring this back-up because the size of the back-up comes close to the maximum size. This is a limitation of the bootloader not of the back-up or the BackupSuite."

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users