• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 technic

• 81 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 9 June 2012 - 13:34

Hi,
I've tried to search in crossepg sources, but I still can't understand is there a way to push new epg event data to epgcache without restarting enigma2?

Re: epgcache add on the fly #2 metoo

• 1,573 posts

+33
Good

Posted 9 June 2012 - 15:15

use Rytec XMLTV (2 plugins in Openpli feed)

Edited by metoo, 9 June 2012 - 15:17.

ET10000 C C C C/T  2TB HDD ET7000 + ET6000 dvb-S  OpenPli Triax 88 multifeed quad LNBs VU Uno4K SE C+2TB HDD Mutant HD60

Re: epgcache add on the fly #3 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 9 June 2012 - 18:09

IIRC an image has to be patched for crossepg to be able to load the data w/out restarting Enigma2. I don't believe PLi uses the patch (not sure if it's even open sourced so it could be added if one wanted to). XMLTVimport has been tightly integrated into PLi for years and for most of us is the epg importer of choice...

--
hemi

Edited by hemispherical1, 9 June 2012 - 18:10.

Re: epgcache add on the fly #4 metoo

• 1,573 posts

+33
Good

Posted 9 June 2012 - 19:20

I thought openpli is patched (oudeis patch?), so XMLtv can load epg without restarting, and crossepg didnt work that way
(just my thoughts)

ET10000 C C C C/T  2TB HDD ET7000 + ET6000 dvb-S  OpenPli Triax 88 multifeed quad LNBs VU Uno4K SE C+2TB HDD Mutant HD60

Re: epgcache add on the fly #5 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 9 June 2012 - 19:50

Some images are patched to load epg data w/out restarting enigma2, Nemesis comes to mind IIRC, but PLi does not (at least I never got it to). From rytec's website:

Explanation of different kind of EPG patches in images:

- No patch used: The box (Enigma2) needs to be restarted to load the EPG data. While starting GUI can freeze/crash.

- CrossEPG patch: Same as no patch used, EPG data is written in epg.dat. At the end the "load" command is given to read epg.dat

- Oudeis patch: EPG data is immediately loaded and accessible, even while the xmltv-plugin is running. Normaly there are no issues while loading.

- Pli patch: Same as Oudeis patch but the xmltv-plugin runs in a seperate "thread" so no issues at all in the GUI or other components.

Out of that I get... Crossepg dumps the data to the epg.dat file, which then must be loaded into memory. Some images are patched to load epg.dat when requested, not just on enigma2 startup. PLi & XMLTVimport loads the epg directly into memory, only writing it out to epg.dat on an orderly shutdown of enigma2... As always though, I could be mistaken... ;)

--
hemi

Re: epgcache add on the fly #6 metoo

• 1,573 posts

+33
Good

Posted 9 June 2012 - 20:41

OK, you are right, openpli is patched , so XMLtv can download epg and write it directly in memory without restarting, is a better discryption ?

Re: epgcache add on the fly #7 technic

• 81 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 10 June 2012 - 16:28

Thank you, so I'll look at that patch.

Re: epgcache add on the fly #8 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 10 June 2012 - 18:17

I think you'd need to look at patching the image (not crossepg) so that it imports the epg.dat file on request, rather than just during enigma2 startup. Of course I'm not a coder... ;)

--
hemi

Re: epgcache add on the fly #9 technic

• 81 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 14 June 2012 - 14:56

Am I right that reloading epg.dat flush all current epg cache?

Re: epgcache add on the fly #10 technic

• 81 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 14 June 2012 - 15:04

And the other question, does openpli support epg for internet stream urls in channel bouquets? I want to contribute to full iptv support if you give me some intro for epgcache code..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users