5 replies to this topic

#1 umtauscher

• 177 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 3 August 2012 - 11:03

Hi everyone,

I need some help here.
For my home automation system I have the need to have two separate funktiones to switch the Vu+ Duo on and off. Since this is the only way to definatly be able to switch it to a defined state. I don't want to use standby, I really have to shut it down completely.
In earlier versions I was able to manipulate the keymap.xml file to disable the power toggle when the device is on and used the mute button to send it to deep standby.
This doesn't seem to work any more, because I cannot disable the power toggle. No matter what I do, power toggle always switches the device off which I obvously need to disable when I want the desired On/Off function.
I also have installed the MultiQuickbutton Plugin. Maybe this is the cause, but I can't seem to find how.

Perhaps anyone with more insight than me could shed some light on the problem?
Thanks

Re: [VU+ DUO]Discrete On/Off desperately needed #2 umtauscher

• 177 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 4 August 2012 - 13:12

maybe I chse a misleading title for that topic?
No one there who is able to tell how to manipulate the keymap in the actual 2.1 PLI?

Re: [VU+ DUO]Discrete On/Off desperately needed #3 holi

• 108 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 4 August 2012 - 14:19

If you want to disable Shutdown just go to Menu/Settings/System/ and here User Config or Usage Config - don`t remember. Anyway there you can find an option to change power button behavior.

Re: [VU+ DUO]Discrete On/Off desperately needed #4 umtauscher

• 177 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 4 August 2012 - 14:51

Thanks, I know that.
What I would like to do is to disable the power toggle all together.

Re: [VU+ DUO]Discrete On/Off desperately needed #5 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 6 August 2012 - 07:46

Hi,
if you use a Logitech Harmony there is something like a solution. The RC uses a toggle bit for the commands and on/off can be separated and used independenly:

Found by I think satkiekerd:

Just found out by chance that the discrete power on/off commands have been introduced; probably already some time ago.
Check for yourself:
1- use the original R/C and press "Power"; the box will turn on.
2- hold your hand in front of the IR-LED and press "Power again".
3- shine to the box and press "Power": the box doesn't react!!!
4- press power again: the box will go off!!!!

How to use this for the Logitech Harmony's?
You now know that the first command is an "On"command: learn it as such using RAW
The same applies to the second time: learn that as "Off" command also RAW.
Now the Harmony has discrete powercommands, that you can use in the box setup.

BTW: This applies to the UNO, DUO & Ultimo (and maybe also to the SOLO, but I can't check that)

ciao

Re: [VU+ DUO]Discrete On/Off desperately needed #6 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 6 August 2012 - 08:16

That's indeed the way we found out that VU+ has introduced 'hidden' discrete On/Off commands. It's a bit awkward to work this way, and a R/C being able to learn 'RAW' commands is needed.

PS: 'RAW' is the Logitech name for commands that will be copied exactly 'as is'; the normal commands have all gone through a mathematical mechanism.

Edited by SatKiekerd, 6 August 2012 - 08:16.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users