enigma for raspberryPi?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 shumifan50

• 195 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 28 February 2013 - 13:11

Looking at the specs of the RaspberryPi, it looks like an ideal platform for aettop box, as it has enough memory(512MB), a quick enough CPU(700MHz to 1GHz) and hardware accelerated graphics, AND it is very low cost. Add a TV tuner to it and the cost is still sub £100. It has all the connectivity you could wish for:
Ethernet, USB x 2, HDMI and based on ARM v 6 SoC (Broadcom). It boots off an SD card, so setup should be quite easy, not requiring to flash the box, just make a new SD card installation. It already runs Raspbian which is a debian based Linux distro(several other distros available) and has a repository for getting all those well-loved Linux applications with the standard debian apt-get.
Would this be viable?
Any chance openpli might have a go at it?
DM600, DM800HD, DM7025, DM500S HD. DM800HDse, 90cm multi-bracket dish: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E, 28.2E. Runnign OpenPli where I can and loving it!

Re: enigma for raspberryPi? #2 Kosh

• 430 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 28 February 2013 - 13:23

No and this has been answered before, OpenPli sticks to MIPS-hardware and direct derivates thereoff.
The ARM-chips now also produced by Broadcom are a very different type of hardware and this takes considerable/long term effort to get this realized.

ET10K user i.c.w. Samsung UE40B6000 LED HDTV. ET9K alas not functioning anymore.

Re: enigma for raspberryPi? #3 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 28 February 2013 - 13:28

No, the reason is not that we stick to MIPS-hardware (most stb's just happen to be based on some MIPS platform)
But an stb needs dvb hardware, which the raspberry is lacking.

So it might be a good media player platform, but it will never be an stb.

Re: enigma for raspberryPi? #4 shumifan50

• 195 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 28 February 2013 - 13:41

No and this has been answered before

Sorry, I did search the forum but did not find it.

I did find the following link which might be of interest to somebody:
http://tandrepires.w...rformance-test/

If it violates forum rules, please remove it.
DM600, DM800HD, DM7025, DM500S HD. DM800HDse, 90cm multi-bracket dish: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E, 28.2E. Runnign OpenPli where I can and loving it!

Re: enigma for raspberryPi? #5 jeandubois

• 293 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 March 2013 - 21:20

No, the reason is not that we stick to MIPS-hardware (most stb's just happen to be based on some MIPS platform)

Today I saw in Linux Format (april 2013) how to use an RPi for DVB-S en DVB-T reception en recording

regards,
jean

Re: enigma for raspberryPi? #6 WTE

• 821 posts

+36
Good

Posted 6 March 2013 - 01:13

Today I saw in Linux Format (april 2013) how to use an RPi for DVB-S en DVB-T reception en recording

regards,
jean

FTA channels....

Mut@nt HD51 STB 4K

:rolleyes:                :rolleyes:

Re: enigma for raspberryPi? #7 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 13 September 2016 - 14:20

Most close for enigma2 on raspberrypi = Kodi: (OpenELEC)

Get OpenELEC for your raspberry Pi: openelec.tv/get-openelec

Main wiki: kodi.wiki/view/Raspberry_Pi

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users