[VU+ Duo] Problems with playback of catch-up recordings

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 polomora

• 85 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 April 2013 - 23:18

Hello,

Earlier this evening I was watching a catch-up program (watching a recording while the same recording was still in progress) earlier this evening. Suddenly, the double rotating gear wheel icon appeared and playback stopped. After about 30 seconds, the icon disappeared and I was able to resume playback of the recorded program up to the moment when the problem occurred. As usual, when a recording is interrupted (normally when the box crashes and then reboots) and then resumed, there were two recorded entries for the same program, both with the same timestamp. When I tried playing back the second recording, nothing was displayed, not even the progress status bar at the top.

There was no crash log corresponding to the time of the interruption. Is there any other way to investigate what happened? The box is Linux based, so I suppose there must be an event log?

The wife gets more upset and angry each time a recorded program is interrupted due to a crash or some other reason. I dread the day when I will arrive home to find the box has been kicked out the front door.

Can anyone help, please?

Paul

Re: [VU+ Duo] Problems with playback of catch-up recordings #2 dirocca

• 1,667 posts

+59
Good

Posted 3 April 2013 - 23:22

Box?
Pli?

Grtz Philip

vuduo2 openpli6.1 1TB HDD 2xdualS2tuner

av receiver denon - samsung 4k hdr+ 65inch UE65MU7000 - bose accoustimas 7.1 :rolleyes:

tvv kaart & schotel(64cm), duo lnb, OSCAM

logitech harmony ultimate

Re: [VU+ Duo] Problems with playback of catch-up recordings #3 dirocca

• 1,667 posts

+59
Good

Posted 3 April 2013 - 23:30

Sorry I was to fast.its a vuduo
I never have this problem with my vuduo and I do this very often
Was there another timer started?
Grtz Philip

Edited by dirocca, 3 April 2013 - 23:34.

av receiver denon - samsung 4k hdr+ 65inch UE65MU7000 - bose accoustimas 7.1 :rolleyes:

Re: [VU+ Duo] Problems with playback of catch-up recordings #4 polomora

• 85 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 April 2013 - 06:10

Thanks Philip.

The box had an openPli 3.0 version from early March, which I had installed after a crash had occurred, and which I had reported here:

http://openpli.org/f...-duo-crash-log/

In response, I had removed the hbbtv plugin, which seemed to make the software more stable.

I was looking at the VU+ Duo download area. If the 3.0 versions are stable, why do they still have status beta? Why is the 2.1 version still available for download, and why is it also at status beta? Is this a more stable version?

http://openpli.org/download/vuduo/

A catchup recording was in progress. ANother timer recording had already stopped when the problem happened.

Regards,

Paul

Re: [VU+ Duo] Problems with playback of catch-up recordings #5 polomora

• 85 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 April 2013 - 09:50

I just remembered. I also fast-forwarded at the start of the program, to skip past the adverts.

So in summary:

- a catchup-recording was in progress, the recording was not finished when I started watching it, and then I fast-forwarded at the start of the recording

- the box did not reboot

- the spinning gears icon appeared, and stopped after about 30 seconds

- playback resumed and continued to the end of the recording which corresponded to the point where the inetrruption occurred

- the playback of the second recording with the same name and timestamp failed; the screen was blank, and no playback status bar at the top of the screen

Re: [VU+ Duo] Problems with playback of catch-up recordings #6 dirocca

• 1,667 posts

+59
Good

Posted 4 April 2013 - 10:17

it seems to me that you have a memory problem, hbbtv seems to cause that problem on a vuduo (i could be wrong), i don´t use it myself

did you reflash after you removed hbbtv?

the beta versions are stabel enough to use. i´m using pli 3.0 for ages end i don´t have any problem

what so ever with my vuduo

grtz Philip

Re: [VU+ Duo] Problems with playback of catch-up recordings #7 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 4 April 2013 - 19:32

May be really bad weather and due to this no signal??

Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: [VU+ Duo] Problems with playback of catch-up recordings #8 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 7 April 2013 - 09:02

The VU+DUO has very little memory which also gets wasted by the drivers, so it's not completely a surprise that you get this behaviour when memory gets full.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users