Photo

Poll: settings and transponder scanning on satellite

satellite

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you use to get channels into your receiver? (80 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you use to get channels into your receiver?

1. Henksat/Hans/etc. complete settings (18 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Fastscan (Canal Digitaal / TV Vlaanderen) (4 votes [4.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.44%

3. Own transponder scan, standard satellites.xml (31 votes [34.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.44%

4. Own transponder scan, custom satellites.xml (26 votes [28.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.89%

5. Other (blindscan, etc) (11 votes [12.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Re: Poll: settings and transponder scanning on satellite #41 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 8 April 2014 - 13:16

And if the values in lamedb don't exist in satellites.xml you will never be able to reconfigure the tuner to receive them without modifying one file or the other.

Re: Poll: settings and transponder scanning on satellite #42 SpaceRat

• 1,030 posts

+65
Good

Posted 8 April 2014 - 13:50

Our experience is different. You are clearly a power user, most OpenPLi users aren't.

Well, the amount of "more experienced" users can safely be assumed to be higher on E2 boxes than on "normal" set-top-boxes.

Just read the rezensions on Amazon:
They clearly recommend E2 boxes to "experienced users" only or alternatively are rating the boxes as crap/unusable.

I'm not saying everyone uses HenksatSettings

Which is about the worst.
Nothing against Henk and his work, but there is a clear lack of understanding about at least the German tv market.

Let's see:
#SERVICE 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.sky-germany.tv" ORDER BY bouquet
#SERVICE 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.german.tv" ORDER BY bouquet

Pay-TV isn't doing very well in Germany (unlike for example in Italy), so rather few people got "Sky".
It clearly belongs behind the plenty of Free TV stations for most users.

Next, the german.tv itself:
It honours the first three stations as mentioned above ... for a user in Cologne, NRW:
Das Erste HD, ZDF HD, WDR Köln

Everything else is ordered mostly random:
The fourth station is the OLD SID for Einsfestival HD (Not even the current one, no, the old one).
And least people would put Einsfestival HD fourth if they had a chance ...
After that, it's a colorful mix of child programs (KIKA HD), news stations (PHOENIX HD) and third programs (BR NORD, NDR HH, ...)
Servus TV HD is listed double right behind each other, the only difference - if there is one at all - between Servus TV Deutschland and Servus TV Österreich is the content of the commercial breaks ...

Then he lists up HD+ ... in theory not that bad, but it's also Pay-TV, so many people will have a block of unwatchable stations inmidst this list ...

After that, it becomes entirely absurd:
The same stations as at the very beginning, just as SD ... for the real "Free TV", there is no reason to have them both in the same bouquet or if, then put them as alternatives to their HD counterparts.

Next, we have the SD/Free counterpart of the HD+ package .... partly in different order than inside the HD+ section ...
So stations with millions of viewers, like RTL, end up on place 40 or so, while stations which can hardly achieve 1 million viewers (EinsFestival) come fourth ...

At least, here we only got Servus TV Deutschland and not the duplicate Servus TV Österreich, but in trade there is a test channel (WDR Test A) ... argls.

For the shopping shit, he left out the HD stations, but put Channel-21 into the travelling section ...
Below "others" we then find "Sky Cinema HD" which - obviously - belongs into the Sky package ...

Inside the "Sky Germany" list, the preferred order for users will depend on if they got Sky for football (Bundesliga), for Sports or the movies ... respectively which Sky packages they got at all.
The stations from the basic package "Sky Welt" however are mostly bullshit. The majority of people deems the mandatory base package "Sky Welt" as a rip-off which they just have to pay on top of the package they really want.

I don't doubt that the Henk-list is usable inside the Netherlands ... but it's unfixable broken for Germany.

If really anybody uses it in Germany then just because it is there and he/she can't help herself to create a decent one.
So, yes, I continue to doubt it's the majority that uses a pre-defined list
(off the feed that is).

or a list compiled by the handy nephew or neighbor that advised them an Enigma box...

My estimate is that this option plus the people that can manage sorting the favorites themselves make up the majority on E2 boxes.

Sorting favorites yourself would be much easier/less frustrating if the "settings lists" wouldn't repeatedly overwrite them but be split up into satellites.xml plus lamedb (Being enough for the various Bouquet Editors to comfortably create your own favorites on the PC) and a seperated "last resort bouquet list".
1st box: Vu+ Ultimo 4k 4xDVB-S2 FBC / 2xDVB-C / 1.8 TB HDD / OpenATV 6.2
2nd box: Gigablue Quad 4k 2xDVB-S2 FBC / 2xDVB-C / 1.8 TB HDD / OpenATV 6.2
testing boxes: Vu+ Duo² + AX Quadbox HD2400 + 2x Vu+ Solo² + Octagon SF4008
Sats & Pay-TV: Astra 19.2°E + Hotbird 13°E with Redlight / SCT HD / SES Astra HD- / Sky V14 / 4th empire propaganda TV
Card-Server: Raspberry Pi + IPv6-capable oscam
Router: Linksys WRT1900ACS w/ LEDE + Fritz!Box 7390

Re: Poll: settings and transponder scanning on satellite #43 SpaceRat

• 1,030 posts

+65
Good

Posted 8 April 2014 - 13:54

PS: See the votes ...

Only 15% using Henksat settings, but 80% doing own scans.
1st box: Vu+ Ultimo 4k 4xDVB-S2 FBC / 2xDVB-C / 1.8 TB HDD / OpenATV 6.2
2nd box: Gigablue Quad 4k 2xDVB-S2 FBC / 2xDVB-C / 1.8 TB HDD / OpenATV 6.2
testing boxes: Vu+ Duo² + AX Quadbox HD2400 + 2x Vu+ Solo² + Octagon SF4008
Sats & Pay-TV: Astra 19.2°E + Hotbird 13°E with Redlight / SCT HD / SES Astra HD- / Sky V14 / 4th empire propaganda TV
Card-Server: Raspberry Pi + IPv6-capable oscam
Router: Linksys WRT1900ACS w/ LEDE + Fritz!Box 7390

Re: Poll: settings and transponder scanning on satellite #44 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,617 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 8 April 2014 - 14:54

Not really relevant. 64 responses, on several hunderd thousand's of stb's running OpenPLi.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Poll: settings and transponder scanning on satellite #45 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 8 April 2014 - 16:53

+1

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Poll: settings and transponder scanning on satellite #46 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 11 April 2014 - 00:46

several hunderd thousand's of stb's running OpenPLi.

Are you serious? :lol:

Re: Poll: settings and transponder scanning on satellite #47 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,617 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:42

Yes.

On the old site we had a google map with number of users per country, and that added up to almost 300.000 worldwide, and that was a few years ago. This could was based on IP's (and geo location) from the download mirrors log files.

Given the fact that the load on our download mirrors have increased over the last few years (we currently send out about 10TB per month) and the explosion of "Based on OpenPLi" images, I think it is safe to say it's a lot more at the moment...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Poll: settings and transponder scanning on satellite #48 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:25

Downloads doesn't equal STBs.

Re: Poll: settings and transponder scanning on satellite #49 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,617 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:38

Not download of images, downloads of updates. Which is an indication the image is running. Even with a 10% margin it's an impressive number.

You can't get more accurate without "phone-home" systems, and we refuse to build those in.

Re: Poll: settings and transponder scanning on satellite #50 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:57

Not download of images, downloads of updates. Which is an indication the image is running. Even with a 10% margin it's an impressive number.

Not sure how that relates to the number of boxes used?

Some people never update, some do it daily. How many updates in how many days relate to how many individual boxes?

Re: Poll: settings and transponder scanning on satellite #51 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,617 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 11 April 2014 - 13:03

Who cares? I never said the number is accurate till the last box, as I said you need a phone-home construction in the image to accurately count, and we will not build that in.

The update frequency is irrelevant, we counted unique IP addresses. You have the number of unique IP's, you have to guess how many have dynamic and changing IP's, and how many have multiple boxes behind a single IP. And then you guestimate. Which is what we did. And it gives an indication. Even if it's 50.000 users off, it's still an impressive number.

And it's only a tiny fraction of the E2 capable boxes sold worldwide, so I wonder why you are so adamant the number is overestimated.

Re: Poll: settings and transponder scanning on satellite #52 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,274 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 11 April 2014 - 13:30

Even i think these numbers are impressive....

Edited by littlesat, 11 April 2014 - 13:33.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Poll: settings and transponder scanning on satellite #53 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 11 April 2014 - 15:17

......so I wonder why you are so adamant the number is overestimated.

I'm not.

Re: Poll: settings and transponder scanning on satellite #54 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,617 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 11 April 2014 - 17:45

Please enlighten me, because I honestly would like to know.... ;)

A statement like this is a bit like calling me a liar, and that to me is a red flag... :angry:

Re: Poll: settings and transponder scanning on satellite #55 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 11 April 2014 - 18:20

????

What are you asking to whom?

Edited by SatKiekerd, 11 April 2014 - 18:21.

Re: Poll: settings and transponder scanning on satellite #56 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,617 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 11 April 2014 - 23:43

I wrote "I wonder..", you replied "I'm not".

So I'm asking you, since your reply suggests you know more than I...

Re: Poll: settings and transponder scanning on satellite #57 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:59

Not sure what is not clear then.

You said that  you wondered why I was so adamant the number is overestimated.

And my reply was that I'm not (adamant the number is overestimated).

Re: Poll: settings and transponder scanning on satellite #58 Hotzenwalder

• 46 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:16

Ik heb een DVB-C/DVB-S receiver en maak met behulp van Dreamset een gecombineerde lijst van zowel kabel als satelliet. Voor kabel gebruik ik Cablescan op zijn tijd en voor het satellietdeel de lijst van Icesat via Sat4all.

Ik verbaas me er wel over dat er nog geen actuele ZIGGO lijst te vinden is tussen de settings per gebied van ZIGGO. Misschien omdat er juist zoveel gebieden zijn?

I use a combined DVB-C/DVB-S receiver and create my own list with Dreamset. For cable I use cablescan. For satellite I use the list of Iceset which is available on another forum.

Edited by Hotzenwalder, 12 April 2014 - 07:17.

Re: Poll: settings and transponder scanning on satellite #59 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,617 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:29

@SatKiekerd,

Reading back, I didn't notice it was your response, I thought it was Huevos I responded to. Now it doesn't make much sense, sorry.

Re: Poll: settings and transponder scanning on satellite #60 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:53

I also use vhannibal motor settings, after I have edited them in dreamset to fit my needs (change labels from Italian to Greek, change order of some bouquets etc). What I really miss is an easy way to delete channels from transponders I cannot receive. For example, I can receive 28,2E but not the UK beams.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users